Sign in to follow this  
Tigershark_BAS

Very Important Announcement from BAS

So now all your teasing comes back an bites you behinds big time and you are leaving a lot of people very disappointed  sad_o.gif And yes its your property and all but maybe you shouldnt have made such a big thing about it then...

Teasing? All we ever did was post pictures, plenty of other mods have posted pictures, plenty of other mods have faded away. Who was to know that we would not see things to fruition back then?

As i said in my post im very grateful for the things that where released. They where fine pieces of work. And i have great respect for all the work you put into that work.

But saying you didnt tease but just posted picture isnt true.

It might not be your fault all alone since the popularity of your addons have made news from BAS more seen and talked about than most other mods. But you certainly played along with it.....

Quote[/b] ]Its called the "suprise factor"
Quote[/b] ]It's coming  (and thats all your getting  )
Quote[/b] ]Have we ever let you guys down before?  

Quote[/b] ]but you never know what the future holds

Just to show a few statements. And all posted by....guess who  wink_o.gif

And thats why i say it came back and bit your behinds. You played along. And as you also can see in this post made a lot of people disapointed. Hope this is something you will think about if BAS ever makes it to OFP 2. Me myself would rather be surprised by a release than being told that something is on its way for x amount of time and then its not.

Last thx again for all the great addons you made and i hope to see more in ofp 2 if and when it is released......

OFP2? LOL.

When OFP2 comes (very very late...), BAS would be really dead, because in one year, when OFP2 should be released, every member of BAS would be in another mod-team or editing for another game.

Byebye Desert-Pack, byebye, Marfy's TOW-Launcher (BUHUUUUU sad_o.gif ), byebye Seals... .

I think Marfy is angry, that his unbreakable static TOW-Launcher and the Humvees were not finished.

Thank you very much for the time and dedication you invested in your addons.

You gave us professional quality for free.

All the best to you all.

byebye, Marfy's TOW-Launcher

Marfy's TOW launcher can now be seen in WGL mod smile_o.gif

Don't cry little ones, don't worry biggrin_o.gif

Byebye Desert-Pack, byebye, Marfy's TOW-Launcher (BUHUUUUU  sad_o.gif ), byebye Seals...

Ugh...

Lets clear this up once and for all shall we...

Marfy was never going to release the TOW launcher or the Hummers anyway.

He gave them to us to finish on the understanding that we would only release a FINISHED product. We were, if you like a possible second "lease of life" for the hummers and other works.

Quote[/b] ]I think Marfy is angry, that his unbreakable static TOW-Launcher and the Humvees were not finished.

I can tell you now that he isn't angry about this, because he doesnt care about modern weapons or equipment. It was Maac who pushed through the modern soldiers, vehicles and weapons, and as you can plainly see from all of Marfy's current work, he is far more interested in WWII.

Please do not make false statements without knowing the facts, it does no one any good whatsoever.

but still, the texture work he put in, is wasted now.

Ugh... No its not...

You can download ALL of the addons individually from places like ofp.info.

Sure the hummers dont have mounted weapons, but the rest of the texture work is EXACTLY the SAME...

Same goes for desert trucks, M113's, Abrams, the lot... Its all already available, all the desert pack was going to do was add pretty bits to the models, a bit of scripting and fix the odd bug here and there...

i was talking about the bradleys, the tow hummer etc etc all the stuff he built upon after his 1st releases.

And all stuff he wasnt going to finish or release anyway.

It wasnt going to be released by Marfy, its not going to be released by BAS now either, so stop whinging about it...

i was talking about the bradleys, the tow hummer etc etc all the stuff he built upon after his 1st releases.

It wasnt going to be released by Marfy, its not going to be released by BAS now either, so stop whinging about it...

I think he means the work you guys done on the 5-ton with .50, the stowage and other stuff like HEMTT, Chapperal, tents etc. (don't know if you started on the last ones).

But the .50 MG truck and hummer looked finished so I think he means that kind of work, not the work Marfy had already done  wink_o.gif

ah well good by then, all i was saying is alot of work has gone to waste, just stating the obvious, not whining or anything of the sort merely pointing it out.

Good bye BAS,wont miss you at all! biggrin_o.gif

That's the most shitty thing to say  mad_o.gif

If you don't have anything to say, say nothing  mad_o.gif

And some people are wondering why they are leaving crazy_o.gif

Good bye BAS,wont miss you at all! biggrin_o.gif

That's the most shitty thing to say  mad_o.gif

I'm sure the moderators are scanning the barcode on his avatar as I type. biggrin_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Why is it people feel the need to sling insults at people that have never done anythign to harm them at all? crazy_o.gif

Any...BAS thanks guys you've been an inspiration smile_o.gif

Its a crying shame that some stuff wont see the light of day i this incarnation of OFP but I'm looking forward to seeing what you guys pull out of the hat for OFP 2!

Thank for supporting the community for so long guys.

Have fun!

Why is it people feel the need to sling insults at people that have never done anythign to harm them at all?  crazy_o.gif

Because some people are just assholes mad_o.gif

Then give it to someone that will.

You guys are just waisting a good addon bye just "shelving it wink_o.gif ".

Let someone take over.

I think they should lock the thread now. The announcement has been made, we all said our thx and good byes. We should leave it at that. No reason to leave this up here so foolish people can keep showing just how foolish they are. Its bad enough that BAS is calling it quits but to have to put up with the ignorant comments as well just sucs :/

What could have been said, has been said.

Shame to see BAS go, but judging by some of the comments posted in this thread, I am not surprised.