Mister Frag

OFP videography

Well i hope this question belongs here...if not aim your weapons and try not to hit the important parts tounge2.gif

Got a problem with Fraps & OFP. In the past (with Fraps v1.5 or 2) it was all fine, could play missions while recording, but that´s changed for some reason...all i get now is lagłperiod

All other games except OFP run fine with Fraps though but only since i updated to v2.7.1 ... you see i´m pretty much stuck, pls help help.gif

Hmmm, what settings are you running OFP at?

Also try telling Fraps to record at half-size and 25 fps in the options.

Well i hope this question belongs here...if not aim your weapons and try not to hit the important parts tounge2.gif

Got a problem with Fraps & OFP. In the past (with Fraps v1.5 or 2) it was all fine, could play missions while recording, but that´s changed for some reason...all i get now is lagłperiod

All other games except OFP run fine with Fraps though but only since i updated to v2.7.1 ... you see i´m pretty much stuck, pls help help.gif

hmm i got that, have you changed gfx cards/drivers or anything? the only way i sorted it was getting a new super comp lol huh.gif

How do I remove the HUD?

So when I make a video again, it won't have it in there?

Please explain it easily, for us slooooow people to understand.

dummiesyg1.jpg

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

Militiasniper, the easiest way to remove the hud completely is to use DXDLL, it has a function to remove the HUD. You can also be running DXDLL with everything of it disabled so that you have almost 0 impact of DXDLL on your PC's performance, and still have the ability to remove the hud (can't remember which key you have to press but I think even that's configurable, if I'm not mistaken).

Other than that, if you want to disable the crosshairs, I think you can do that in OFP's difficulty options...

BUZZARD @ Oct. 29 2006,05:54)]Militiasniper, the easiest way to remove the hud completely is to use DXDLL, it has a function to remove the HUD. You can also be running DXDLL with everything of it disabled so that you have almost 0 impact of DXDLL on your PC's performance, and still have the ability to remove the hud (can't remember which key you have to press but I think even that's configurable, if I'm not mistaken).

Other than that, if you want to disable the crosshairs, I think you can do that in OFP's difficulty options...

Is DXDLL a function built in the game?

Or is it something I need to download?

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

PS. By the way, "Thanks!"

Oh you missed a fine piece of art, lookie here: DXDLL @ofp.info smile_o.gif

Hmmm, what settings are you running OFP at?

Also try telling Fraps to record at half-size and 25 fps in the options.

Tried that and also set ofp to 800x600 to no avail. Usually ofp is at full detail only with terrain set to normal.

hmm i got that, have you changed gfx cards/drivers or anything? the only way i sorted it was getting a new super comp lol huh.gif

Yes, replaced the old granny-like Ati9500 by a GF7800 .. that´s the only change since my last succesful video shootings. Anyone got a spare supercomputer for me? whistle.gif

Yes, replaced the old granny-like Ati9500 by a GF7800 .. that´s the only change since my last succesful video shootings. Anyone got a spare supercomputer for me? whistle.gif

exactly what happened to me i changed my gfx card and the fps was always low when making movies. wink_o.gif

funny enough too i went from old gfx to new and was bad for movies lol

Drivers up to date? I really dont know, sounds strange.

How big is your hardrive and how much free space you got?

I admit the Hd is kinda full. 80GB, 3 partitions and maybe about 12GB free for all together.

What i cannot understand is that it freakin worked almost w/o draining any fps when i made movies from JustCause and GTR2 not too long ago banghead.gif

edit: The last videos were indeed shot with the GF card, only game not liking it seems to be OFP.

i think its an issue with OFP/GF/FRAPS Untill you get new super processor lol smile_o.gif

I'm telling ya it happened to me and i couldn't sort it out, at first i was gobsmaked as to what the problem was and the only conclusion was when i swapped my two GF cards..

(DXDLL Download)

Ok..! Laugh all you want!  rofl.gif

I read and re-read the install instructions.

But I just don't get it!

Can someone explain it in a way my dumb brain will understand it?

So I can finish redoing my, Recruiting Video!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

What exactly do you need to know?

I thought the readme was quite clear as to the installation, only stumbling block was to find the "application key" which is the one between the right-control and windows keys.

Once ingame with dxdll running (it´ll say so in the upper left corner of your display) you can bring up a list of all available shortcuts via appl.key+h

If only my gaming rig wasn't "offline" atm, I'd tell you which the keys were to turn off the HUD with DXDLL... But, unfortunately, as I said, I can't... sad_o.gif

Ok.., After my brain awoke from it's deep sleep. goodnight.gif

It works.

Now the only thing left to do for my new video.

Is to record inside vehicles.

But I can't figure out the HUD off switch!

Sincerely, MilitiaSniper

im trying to find out but if its a combo set of keys then i have no idea lol!

found it Application Key + U

the application key is the one next to the windows key on the right hand side of the keyboard.

My Video is coming soon.. very soon yay.gif

For more information and questions on DxDLL go to this thred

Here

[Remember this is for vids and vid chat. ]

I'm surprised no one has made a video of all the different nation's units we have in ofp. with the national anthems of those countries etc.

Like how Russia has it's anthem played at the start/end of broadcast on TV with all the those pics/clips from around russia.

Just an idea.