Sign in to follow this  
the_shadow

Transport planes??

i´m currently (or always) looking for medium size transport aircraft for OFP... such as saab 340, Fairchild C-123 (or is it 124? common in Vietnam anyway)

for all sides in ofp... however, i cant find any.... a C-130 or C-17 are just too damn big (not to mention the AN-124)

and the Piper are too small... so, is there any "medium" sized troop transport planes released? (other then the ones in CSLA 2)

if not, could someone consider making such? (large anough for 2 squads, but still small enough for AI to handle)

ok, we got the DC3/C47 but they are a bit too old... (i´m not looking for ww2 planes) i would rather want some modern planes to use as drop planes for paratroopers... preferably in low wis grey biggrin_o.gif (and without marking, but capable of using Fottmunch´s roundel pack)...

sorry if i´m a pain in the as now, but i belive more missionmakers are looking for and wanting such aircraft...

I noticed the "or is it 124? common in Vietnam anyway" comment and just so you know (unless you do allready) the DC-3 was used in vietnam and its also use today for civil paratroopers. smile_o.gif

I noticed the "or is it 124? common in Vietnam anyway" comment and just so you know (unless you do allready) the DC-3 was used in vietnam and its also use today for civil paratroopers.  smile_o.gif

well, i know.. but i´d like something different (and in use by the military)

smile_o.gif

and a civilian painted DC3 wont do that godd for my specops missions biggrin_o.gif

They still used the AC47 throughout the Vietnam conflict as well as the C47 for cargo moving, but paratroopers did not see action in Vietnam.

well, i know that too, and i´m not making any Vietnam paratroopers mission either biggrin_o.gif

i´m as i said looking for more modern transport planes biggrin_o.gif

like the saab 340 and stuff like that...

and a civilian painted DC3 wont do that good for my specops missions biggrin_o.gif

Undercover ?  blues.gif

Did you try the FDF Fokker F.27 ? Thats pretty similar to the Saab 340 looks wise:

fokker.jpg

well, the problem is, it comes with FDF... and i simply don´t play FDF that much (dont like the recoils... wich, sadley makes me discard the whole mod more or less... other then that, they have great stuff)

i´m looking for stand alone addons...

I have been searching for civilian ariplanes (medium and big size)

for a long time and it's time to build some good ones.

While we are on the Fokker F.27: Possible to make a civilian type?

actually i would say the F27 looks more like a saab 2000 (in size)

the saab 340 is a bit smaller biggrin_o.gif

the saab 2000 can take 52 passangers i belive (well, around that atleast) while the saab 340 takes less... (will catch the figures asap)

I'm not sure if this one is interesting to others, but it has many features that you and others might like. It's the C-23 Sherpa, a medium-sized transport and para plane used by a few different countries including the USA. When I was in the Army we jumped out of this one quite often, and also used it for short and medium distance travel.

It would meet the requirements you mentioned as being able to hold 30 troops plus cargo, or 18 litter patients plus medical supplies. The plane is small enough to handle very well, has STOL capabilities, and would work nicely on all the islands currently in OFP. From an addon makers perspective, the shape is simple, not that bad looking, and I can obtain a lot of references and tech info if needed. It started service in 1984 though, so it would not be compatible with Vietnam-era missions.

c-23-dfst8906273.jpg

c-23-P0000301.jpg

c23-int.jpg

c-23-P0000293.jpg

C-23 Sherpa info at GlobalSecurity.com

that looks quite like what i want biggrin_o.gif

(btw, saab 340 takes 30 passangers + 2 pilots and 1 flight attendant (that makes it 31 passangers and 2 crew in OFP)

and the saab 2000 holds 50 passangers + 2 crew and 2 flight attendants (makes it 52 passangers in OFP))

would be happy if someone could make one of these 2 (3) planes (saab 340, C-23)

preferably in low wis grey... (and roundel capable to use Footmunch´s roundels) biggrin_o.gif

thank you...

Funnily enough, nip over to footmunch's thread in A&M:C and put in a bid for a transport aircraft, we're having a big discussion on what should be in flashpoint.

With the C-23, the normal operating passenger hold is 30 passengers plus 3 crew, but during most airborne ops it holds 27 paratroopers and 3 crew. And it is used commonly in the dull grey finish.

c-23-P0000291.jpg

They still used the AC47 throughout the Vietnam conflict as well as the C47 for cargo moving, but paratroopers did not see action in Vietnam.

Operation Junction City, February 22 1967.

Paratroopers saw action in Vietnam. Soldiers of the 173rd Airborne Brigade were para dropped from 13 C130 aircraft near a hamlet called Katum, 6 clicks from the Cambodian border, and about 42 clicks from Tay Ninh City. The Brigade was led into battle by General "Uncle Jack' Deane who was the first to jump from the lead aircraft. Although the troops encountered no stiff opposition they were engaged in small firefights.

The 173rd were known as the Sky Soldiers. The jump above was the only one the Brigade made during their long stay in Vietnam.

Hello  i am currently working on some civilian aircraft probably not what you are after. But once i fininish my TU-334 russian airliner i was going to start on a smaller prop aircraft such as a ATR-72 or something around that size.

TU-334 Pics

2.jpg

Some Pics of my TU-334

We (FDF mod) made the Fokker using Sole's model as a base. I believe Sole is making now his own version of the Fokker.

I have got a DHC-4 on the way

You forgot to mention your SC-7 Skyvan, Scud...

skyvansL.jpg

Desert SC-7 Skyvan

Be sure to also grab the jungle version of it (although for some stupid reason or another, I can't use the jungle version, only the desert version...)...

sherpa.jpg

im making a c23 sherpa of my shorts 330 model for the shadow smile_o.gif

I need help withe the textures so if you can help pm me

sniper

Oh, and thankfully Footmunch seems to be going to finally bring a Antonov Coaler to OFP...

Even though it hit the air in the early 60's I don't think the

SC-7 was actually used in "Nam" (correct me if wrong)

Well only as their Nat Airlines.

Wow!! Shouldn't this be over on the completed section of the forum??? Someone really needs to put this plane addon on ofp.info and other sites!!! I've been waiting ages to see this aircraft in OFP!!!! Thank you!!!!!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

The SC-7 looks PLENTY done to me. I tried it out and its excellent. I see no reason why it should not be in the completed section of the forum.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Because it was released bout 6 months ago.

But once I get a few more things done and out of the way then I will give it a good overhaul.