Sign in to follow this  
Geriec

WW2 "Color of War" Preview

Here's a lil preview of the WW2 documentary im making..

this 7 minute vid shows some main events leading to the fall of france.. The whole thing will inlcude D-DAY (seaborne & airborne offensive) untill the capture of Berlin.

http://www.roughnecks.org/geriec....0War%22

(right click on file named WW2 footage and save as)

im not as good as the Video-Making-God named Specop but i did this just for fun

That's excellent, good job smile_o.gif

Although I lost video at 7:38, don't know if it's a problem with the movie or this end, but up to then it was superb smile_o.gif

Wow that was great, i lost video as well at 7:32 but still it was top notch.

My only question is:

"When is the campaign going to be released?"

wink_o.gif

Terrific viedo! Mine also cut off somewhere around the 7:35 area. It is still a great video with tons of information smile_o.gif.

Uhmm ... what codec is required ? as I am getting a bright green background and pink letters rock.gif

Quote[/b] ]That's excellent, good job

Although I lost video at 7:38, don't know if it's a problem with the movie or this end, but up to then it was superb

Yea, this preview should end at 7:31.. Im sorry that i put 10 minutes on the topic title. I forgot to cut the music on the last part. The next part after the Fall of france would be Hitler's defence preparations for a Western Invasion, then D-Day, Then Op market garden, Ardennes Offensive, Berlin..

Quote[/b] ]Uhmm ... what codec is required ? as I am getting a bright green background and pink letters

About the codec, im not too sure but i'l check and get back to you on that.. Also i had to reduce the quality of the movie so as to make the file Size smaller

Its funny because the other day I was thinking how well the music from "The Rock" would go with ofp.

The Rock soundtrack is pretty good so i chose that.. The rest of the movie will include some songs from Saving Private Ryan and Band of Brothers..

Wow this must of taken you forever to make!

How did you get all those germans to follow an exact formation like that? (talking about the scene where all the germans are marching on a bridge or something)

Naw, actually only took me 5 days to make.. I used JSFD (if that name is correct) Marching anims for that part on the bridge..

Quote[/b] ]im not as good as the Video-Making-God named Specop but i did this just for fun

This is not exactly true. What most people don't do when making videos, is to keep the camera moving. You don't want it focused on one thing for too long.

I have seen many videos that show a bunch of people shooting each other for 1 minute straight without any different camera angles, or nothing. No explosions, no tactical movement of soldiers taking cover, ETC. Just a boring, 1 shot of people shooting.

Not bad man, not bad at all. What really puts a spark to this is the factual information given through the movie...which often keeps history freaks tuned.

Hopefully this new blue screen green screen technology shit can minimize the amount of slowdown. I noticed you had alot of units onscreen at once, and it must have been pretty stuttery as I could see from the vid.

Hopefully more videos are to come, because personally I would be far more interested in a OFP Combat Video thread rather than a Combat Photography thread.

I really liked this video. Top notch!

Just wondering, where did you get those animations? Or are they all standard OFP ones?

Very nice video smile_o.gif I really like it a lot

Quote[/b] ]in the second in-game scene you see Tiger's on the road,the germans hadn't got Tiger's in 1940  

Perhaps you could try using the early war tank pack instead (was it invasion of france mod?), using the Panzer II and III for better accuracy.

Linky

WW2EC (Fileplanet)

in the second in-game scene you see Tiger's on the road,the germans hadn't got Tiger's in 1940  rock.gif

Actually i really didnt know about which exact tanks were used there so sorry about that.. I guess i missed that part on my research..

To make this project as close as to being realistic,

I read all books i can find pertaining to the European front and some other ww2 sites. I would be really, really greatful if anyone (preferably good at ww2 history) can help by watching some other previews im going to send exclusively to them and give me some feedback if either it was made historically correct and accurate so that the main outcome of this project would be "perfect" and historically "correct"..

here are my IM adresses in case anyone could help:

MSN- gerard_nicholas@msn.com

Yahoo- speirs_412

edit: thanks btw who offered to help as military advisors..(people from inv44 and some other mods)

What island is used in the video?

Islands:

for this preview, ive used the latest ver of Anjou, Paradise island, and Normandie..

Animations:

JSDF Marching Animations

Uh sad_o.gif Still cannot get it to work properly...

Could you chech to see which codec you used please ? sad_o.gif

Uh  sad_o.gif  Still cannot get it to work properly...

Could you chech to see which codec you used please ? sad_o.gif

Either download divx codecs or reinstall your windows media player.. this should work

Gspot great app for identifying which codecs a file uses smile_o.gif