Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Why do you think the czech team made those three goals? They wouldn't have dared to leave the field without having won... he'd probably eaten them alive!

tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

The downside is of course that OFP2 will now probably late by at least one more week - with all BIS people more concerned about the football than their work! crazy_o.gif

wink_o.gif

maybe if Czech team wins the Euro, their coach will smile.

But something that won't change even if his team wins the euro, it's the french coach eyes.They're never closed.

santini.jpg

hypnojacquot.jpg

SANTINI.jpg

biggrin_o.gif

and btw that red card was not just. the second yellow was a swalbe by nedved for sure.

That sucked  mad_o.gif

And I hate our damn coach, how can you take out Robben the best player of the game  crazy_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And now, I'm going to get myself drunk tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Was watching the game with friends and we all got drunk, now I got a damn hangover  mad_o.gif

EDIT: And it gets worse, that damn exam week starts tomorrow and don't know shit of maths mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]And now, I'm going to get myself drunk tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Was watching the game with friends and we all got drunk, now I got a damn hangover  mad_o.gif

Hey, I'm with you on that crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif

Just returned from lunch at out local greek restaurant. They prepared for the game tonight (TV already mounted).

Had Suflaki, scolloped, with rice, salad and Retsinas. Afterwards a small green cocktail tasting of anis. biggrin_o.gif

The Czecks are never gonna win the EURO, they play to0 offensive. Sure it is nice to watch (just like when the swedes are playing) but a team like the french will punish such a thin defense. The dutch however, AS I SAID IT FROM THE BEGINNING, have a weak defense and Could not control the heavy wave of czeck-attacks. Tough Luck.

No doubt, many of the Czeck goals were beautiful and done with cool precision but give them a tough defense and they luck will go away. Lettland seemed to have learned from them and all they do during the last to games is to keep 10 defenders protecting their goal... so it is gonna be boring the match Lettland vs Holland. I assure you that. And one more forecast. A team like england will easily kick out a swedish, danish or Czeck team, wanna bet? England has a good defense and the only one who can crack it are players like Zidane and Co. Medium-Good Strikers like the Czeck will not succeed...

Medium-Good Strikers like the Czeck will not succeed...

You mean medium-good players like Pavel Nedved, European footballer of the year? rock.gif

I keep my opinion MEDIUM GOOD. The dutch have far superior strikers. And they would have won the match if your xxxx trainer wouldnt have pulled the best player of the day from the field.

Holland played well against Germany because they did NOT play too offensive. But against the Czeck...what was that.?? Some kind of "defense is for gays anyway!!". The Czecks won that game because the dutch obeyed their style of playing. Suddenly all dutch players were running around like Moscitos. No order, no organisation.. just some Awesome good strikers (dutch) trying their luck cause it seemed that they thought each attack requires an immediate counterattack! Boomerang-strategy... the counterattack failed and the Czecks returned again with no defense in their way.

But we will see. I dont want to judge about who gets into the Quarters (germany or Holland) cause I dont know. But I am positive that Czecks have a weak team buildup indeed. And during the last games so far I have always been pretty right (except about italy)

I see it already coming... in case (50/50) Germany wins against the Czecks then it will probably be a boring game.. cause... suprise... there are defenders in front of the goal. And IF Germany realy wins then entire europe will say..well the Czecks played with their B Teamn and didnt have to fight anyway. Maybe true.. I dont know... But be assured that you will hardly see any beautiful goals in that match cause a good defense kills most Samba-dancing Czeck strikers. And we will not go into TOTAL OFFENSE if we are already leading by 2-0. That mistake wont happen in a disciplined team

I keep my opinion MEDIUM GOOD. The dutch have far superior strikers. And they would have won the match if your xxxx trainer wouldnt have pulled the best player of the day from the field.

Holland played well against Germany because they did NOT play too offensive. But against the Czeck...what was that.?? Some kind of "defense is for gays anyway!!". The Czecks won that game because the dutch obeyed their style of playing. Suddenly all dutch players were running around like Moscitos. No order, no organisation.. just some Awesome good strikers (dutch) trying their luck!

But we will see. I dont want to judge about who gets into the Quarters (germany or Holland) cause I dont know. But I am positive that Czecks have a weak team buildup indeed. And during the last games so far I have always been pretty right (except about italy)

You must've seen other matches then I did. It was the match against Germany where the dutch team was unorganised, and you say we "played well"? That was the worst match since the 4-1 lost to england in 1996. If we had just a decent team against us, or had slightly less luck it would've been 2-1 or 3-1.

The game against the Czech on the otherhand was well played. Yes, we have a lousy defense, but nothing to do about that in the shortterm, we just lack talent and communication. Both the midfield and the attack was playing far far better than the first match, and it was anything but "trying their luck". These were organised attacks. We got unlucky it was only 2-1 at halftime, it could have been 3-1 or 4-1 as well. The reason the Czech came back into play the last half hour was the terrible substitute of Robben and the absolutely unjust red card for Heitinga. The czech run us over after that!

Quote[/b] ]The game against the Czech on the otherhand was well played

The match was fun to watch and it looked "oh so Great" but in the end there is a total failure of strategy if you lead 2-0 and THEN let the enemy shoot 3 goals in a row.

After the 2-1 or after the 2-2 latest the strikers should forget about their orgasmic running qualities and goddamn listen to their new bosses, THE DEFENDERS.

How can you say that they played well just because the match was great to watch? Each one of them played well individually! maybe! But as a team they lost.

After the 2-1 or after the 2-2 latest the strikers should forget about their orgasmic running qualities and goddamn listen to their new bosses, THE DEFENDERS.

The worst mistake made in the game was substituting Robben by Bosvelt, that is bringing in a defender for a striker. They should have kept on attacking instead of locking themselfs in defense. After that substitute the only attacks were long balls to the front, which oftenly failed and ended up being another attack from Czech side.

Before that, the offense was playing like a team with beautifull combinations between Robben, van Nistelrooij and van de Meijde. The midfield was acting together too, with Seedorf and Davids playing quite well. It was the defense that lacked, as I said.

The worst mistake made in the game was substituting Robben by Bosvelt, that is bringing in a defender for a striker. They should have kept on attacking instead of locking themselfs in defense. After that substitute the only attacks were long balls to the front, which oftenly failed and ended up being another attack from Czech side.

Before that, the offense was playing like a team with beautifull combinations between Robben, van Nistelrooij and van de Meijde. The midfield was acting together too, with Seedorf and Davids playing quite well. It was the defense that lacked, as I said.

It is ironical that you tell me a that a 2-0 Advantage must not be DEFENDED but INCREASED against a team with (as you call it) with the worlds best striker. The chance of success (3-0) is much lower than the potential risk (2-1)

It is ironical that you tell me a that a 2-0 Advantage must not be DEFENDED but INCREASED against a team with (as you call it) with the worlds best striker. The chance of success (3-0) is much lower than the potential risk (2-1)

The 2-0 lasted for less than 5 minutes, that wasn't enough time for me to make a strategic plan wink_o.gif. I was talking about the 2-1. We were the better team at that moment and capable of holding off the czech strikers. I wasn't implying on taking extreme riscs, but just keep up the pace and the play. So instead of giving up the czech back area (for building up attacks) and the midfield (for dominating the match), we should've kept them under pressure untill we ensured the win with a greater lead or the 90 minutes were over.

I'm not too fond of football but the mtach Cze-NL was definitly worth watching unlike 99% of all matches that Germany (or other defensive teams) plays. Defesive football is just plain boring to me.

Maybe defensive football is the way to go but I will never watch it. In that respect. Go czechs go. And I wouldn't say their strikers are medium good. At least they make goals (unlike Germany tounge_o.gif ) And Nedved pulled off some nice distance shots. Really cool and dangerous.

LMAO, I've just seen the funnies news segment.

They showed Glasgow (Scotland) and shitloads of people dressed in Croatian team colors. On several government buildings Croatian flags were hanging. In the studio if BBC Scotland everybody was wearing Croatian team shirts.

One Scot interviewed said: "We hope that the Croatian team will watch "Braveheart" before the match and do it like we did it: Beat them on the field."

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif .D biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Oh, man I wish I had taken some screencaps...

I am absolutely furious and disgusted at our first half performance mad_o.gif It seems like noone listened to the coach mad_o.gif He warned the players, saying the Russians will now play their guts out, and they did mad_o.gif

After the early goal, the team just rolled over and died mad_o.gif Thank god for Vryzas (I was doubting him until now - its all taken back) getting one back just before the break, I am now hopeful that every single player (esp. Venetidis) will get a bollocking now, and hopefully we can equalise and make sure we go through without relying on Spain.

<span style='font-size:27pt;line-height:100%'>QUARTER FINALSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!</span>

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

PORTUGAL OLÉ... PORTUGAL OLÉ, PORTUGAL OLÉ, PORTUGAL OLÉ...

WE DID IT!!! GOT INTO THE QUARTER FINALS!!!

THE PARTY WILL BE ON TONIGHT!!!

biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

heres a question to the portugese and greeks, on the matches youve seen so far in the tournament , who would you rather play, france england or croatia?