Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Are you kidding?

Italy COMPLETELY OWNS Sweden right now. This would be considered as humiliation if not for our goalkeepers excellent play.

But I'm quite confident we will beat Denmark anyways..

Edit: Heh, scratch that.. we've found our way back into the game.. biggrin_o.gif

sweden isn't playing bad at all, italy is just proving their a serious candidate in this tournament (without totti that is)

omg, 1-1 after all, considering the entire match undeserved, but these last minutes italy was calling it over themselves

End. 1-1 biggrin_o.gif

Actually we got lucky. Italy was far better 3/4 of the game. Then we turned in the end. Zlatan rules biggrin_o.gif

Given the situation, I'm not complaining smile_o.gif

VICTORY! (almost)

What an incredible goal by zlatan!

Let's not forget about Isaksson, he made many important saves which kept us in the game.

Denmark... who?... they're already beaten..

what a game!

i hope you non-swedish and non-italian liked it aswell.

and what a goal by zlatan!

now who was that english expert who said that watching swedish matches was boring, saw it on the SVT(swedish chanel) lastnight

Zlatan's goal was just amazing wow_o.gif

Italy must now rely on one of the Scandinavian teams to eliminate each other - provided they beat Bulgaria crazy_o.gif

If Sweden and Denmark conspire and end in 2-2, Italy is history. That would be an awefull waste of great play they showed today sad_o.gif . So therefore I allow you swedish fellows to woop Denmarks ass wink_o.gif

I see that Denoir's 50% Betting Curse holds. 7/14 games. Which is better than random (which would have been 33%).

I see that Denoir's 50% Betting Curseâ„¢ holds. 7/14 games. Which is better than random (which would have been 33%).

And is that according to a statistical analyses, or always predicting the favourite (or Sweden wink_o.gif )?

I see that Denoir's 50% Betting Curseâ„¢ holds. 7/14 games. Which is better than random (which would have been 33%).

And is that according to a statistical analyses, or always predicting the favourite (or Sweden wink_o.gif )?

I'm more or less guessing. On average I'd say I go more for the favourites - with some exceptions. Predictions so far: (predicted winner in bold)

Portugal-Greece

Spain-Russia

Croatia-Switzerland

France-England

Italy-Denmark

Sweden-Bulgaria

Germany-Netherlands

Czech Republic-Latvia

Spain-Greece

Portugal-Russia

England-Switzerland

Croatia-France

Denmark-Bulgaria

Sweden-Italy

You were probably missing:

Italy-Denmark

Sweden-Bulgaria

That would make one a day smile_o.gif

Italy-Denmark

Sweden-Bulgaria

Yupp, missed it. Now corrected.

Anyhow my correct predictions are maily in line with the favourites of those games. My long shots were more or less all wrong. So I don't think I could make any money off it wink_o.gif

Italy-Denmark

Sweden-Bulgaria

Yupp, missed it. Now corrected.

Anyhow my correct predictions are maily in line with the favourites of those games. My long shots were more or less all wrong. So I don't think I could make any money off it wink_o.gif

better predicting the winners which are the favourites than predicting only false results...

DAMN! I was almost right. Stupid Swedes ruining my ability to see into the future. mad_o.gif

Seriously, though, it sounds like it was a great game. Thanks for the pics, Donkey (I'm at work during game time on the weekdays so I rely on you guys to clue me in - I will be watching the Germany game tomorrow, though! smile_o.gif )

oh, then you missed THE goal of this euro so far!

Quote[/b] ]Group C situation explained

If Italy fail to beat Bulgaria, Denmark and Sweden will advance to the quarter-finals.

If Sweden do not lose to Denmark, Sweden will advance to the quarter-finals.

If Italy win their game against Bulgaria the winner of Denmark-Sweden will join Italy in the quarter-finals.

If Italy beat Bulgaria and Denmark-Sweden ends in 0-0 draw, Sweden and Italy will advance to the last eight.

If Italy beat Bulgaria by two goals and Denmark-Sweden ends in 1-1 draw, Italy will join Sweden in the knock-out stages. However if Italy beat Bulgaria by just one goal and Denmark-Sweden ends in a 1-1 draw, Denmark will join Sweden in the quarter-finals.

If Italy beat Bulgaria and Denmark-Sweden ends in 2-2 draw, Sweden and Denmark will advance to the quarter-finals.

Sweden and Italy WILL advance, no doubt. At the end, if I'm wrong, you may slap me if you will.

Damn, I'm still so tense since the match...  crazy_o.gif

Really, Italy played extremely good during a few minutes here and there (generally much better than Sweden until Kim Källstöm came in) - can anyone give me a hint of the last time Italy played that good?

I mean, in some situations it was like 5 Zidane's in the midfield, never letting the ball futher than 5 millimeters from their feets, and passing with a 5 millimeter precision to their teammates feets  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  crazy_o.gif  crazy_o.gif

I guess they prepared themselves very well, and definitely did not underestimate Sweden. They did not publish their lineup until last minute (something that they very rarely do, or even never has done before (cant remember exactly what the commentators said))...

What great fotball they played, I dont think Sweden will survive a knockout match against such a well playing team - that could possibly be France, or Italy again in the final  tounge_o.gif (don't think any other team will play so good in this tournament). Had they not backed home (as the (stupid) bastards always do when leading with tiny 1-0) in the second half Sweden would have been slaughtered!!

And what good goalkeepers there are in group C: Isaksson, Buffon, Sörensen.... with Buffon's save against Jonson's hard shot probably the best - just incredible  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif  wow_o.gif

Possible teams that can stop Sweden from winning this tournament, in addition to a greatplaying Italy or France, is Netherlands or Spain IMO, if they get their shit together (won't play as fantastic as Italy today though). Quite possible is also Germany indeed... England??? HA!!! not a chance!  tounge_o.gif

One simple question for you guys..Why won`t you ever go for a draw?I see only winners in your predictions..

Because in predictions you just compare the estimated quality of the teams. Teams vary in a large space of quality, so predicting two teams to be exactly as good isn't very likely.