Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

From now on I will of course be supporting the Czech team and hope they win the tournament

Same here biggrin_o.gif

i hope greece 2:1 france. but i'm sure france will win. rock.gif

Well that was gruelling (in the extreme). The referee was not the best. Disallowing the goal was harsh. England are cursed. Both teams produced a great match, if tactics were flawed there was no lack of dedication. I am trying to forget all about it and stay subdued so thats all i have to say.

Actually although der bastler managed to find the one outbreak of significant violence by England fans (which took place in the UK) that i have seen reported, the good news is that in Portugal there appears to have been little trouble around the stadiums. The World Cup and now the Euros, id say international English hooliganism seems fairly under control nowadays . The actual English fans (the ones who went to matches) in Portugal have largely been fantastic (i dont think anyone was more enthusiastic and vocal in their support).

Good luck to the Greeks. I dont think the French have been playing that fantastically so we might as well see all the favourites knocked out now (not that i saw England particularly as favourites, we're always best off starting as underdogs ), then anything can happen. France will probably win (where is the sigh of resignation smilie ?)

(i dont think anyone was more enthusiastic and vocal in their support).

The Netherlands are a little more vocal (especially during the playing of the anthems)

the english fans were very vocal. the were louder than portugal's fans... wink_o.gif

the english fans were very vocal. the were louder than portugal's fans...  wink_o.gif

about what? hanging beckham again? tounge_o.gif

I must be evil:

MOHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!!!

ENGLAND DIDN'T WIN!!! MOHAHAHAHAHAH!

Sorry  crazy_o.gif

EDIT: I was really hopeing that England was gone win sad_o.gif

Better luck next time then sad_o.gif

smile_o.gif sure, the french will win. But will they eat the cup in the end?

Being danish, I cant say that i'm sorry to see England leave the Euro 2004,

as I'd rather meet the cz or France then England in the final match.

But to see France take the cup once againg (if it comes 2 that) is somehow boring,

I dont even think they care about it themselves anymore, lol biggrin_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Personally, Im looking forward to the day all the "old" french players say g'nite and leave

the stage to a new generation. Hopefully they'll end up with a team like the germans, hehehe

Denmark, on the other hand, has a very solid team this year...

Folks like Jon Dahl, Sand, etc.  and our keeper, Thomas Sorensen. smile_o.gif

Yet still, our team is not even in this thread's poll.... you all just wait & see... smile_o.gif

<span style='font-size:15pt;line-height:100%'>ELATE RE PAIDIA!!!!</span>

Aa3.gif

Biggest triumph in our history - can we make it even greater!?! Get in there lads, do us proud. Do your flag proud! COME ON!! biggrin_o.gif

I hope Greece wins,because I´ll spend 12 days of my hollidyas there this summer biggrin_o.gif

But France win,I know...

Is it just me, or are France very very nervous rock.gif

Great shot by Nikolaidis. biggrin_o.gif

We get our share of messed up refereeing  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif  mad_o.gif

It wasn't inside but it was close as hell.

So far France plays very boring. Greece plays better so far.

The French look like they just can't be bothered to play football rock.gif

Shots on Target (Greece): 4

Shots on Target (France): 1

France can not be bothered at all, Greece are playing spirited pressing with great tackles. The counter attacks aren't that threatening yet, but that will improve I reckon biggrin_o.gif

The French look like they just can't be bothered to play football rock.gif

Exactly. What complete shite game on their side. I hope Greece kicks their ass  mad_o.gif

And Santini looks equally bored and does not seem to interested in any coaching of his team.

We've seen this before. Against England. Against Croatia. Goals only from corners and penalties, never from play.

They have some excellent individuals in the team. They are technically great as a team, but their tactics is FUBAR.

I can't believe I'm watching this French crap on midsummer eve. I've got better things to do then watch them do backpasses for 90 minutes mad_o.gif

i feel like Denoir's prediction rate will go down tonight. And i'm not happy about it....

i can't stand the pressure!!!!! crazy_o.gif

EDIT: And please, Santini, PUT SAHA ON THE FIELD!!!!!!

Seems like Otto Rehagel did a pretty good job on coaching the Greek team. smile_o.gif

Gooooooooaaaaaaal!!!!

1:0 Greece!

Just when France started to wake up...