Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

UEFA Euro 2004

Could we make this sticky until UEFA 2004 is over?

Maybe there is no need for it to be sticky...

PS: Zlatan had ¨lo scopo perfetto¨ (the pefect goal)

Great goal by Zlatan!

Predictions for today:

Czech v Holland :draw

Germany v Latvia : Germany

A draw between the Netherlands and Czechia would be nice for Germany, but I doubt it. I think the Dutch will give anything to win that game (and most likely suceed) - and then it'll be the game against Germany that'll decide who - apart from the Netherlands - will get to the quarter finals.

Latvia - Germany : 0 - 1

Czech Republic - Netherlands : 1 - 2 (sorry BIS wink_o.gif)

Great to see the atmosphere in Aveiro, Czech and Dutch fans celebrating together

Latvia - Germany 0:2

Germany's defence is too tough.

Czech Republic - Netherlands 0:3

Orange coloured shirts kick ass.

These guys are so much better than the sports commentators on swedish television.

1:27 O' craziness

Thoughts for next game: Mute the TV and turn on the radio.

Halftime: 0-0. Latvia definately not on his knees begging for mercy to the Germans. Germany isn't playing very convincing, but they should be able to pull the win in the second half I think

Latvia - Germany 0-0 at half time.

A bit boring, Germany trying distance shots mostly, Latvians playing for counter attacks, and their forwards are bloody quick so it could work, considering how much the Germans run about, they are bound to be more tired

hahaha, 0-0 final score, Latvia, you are my heros biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

What a stunt!

btw Latvia should have a penalty

Oi, don't knock my skillz mad_o.giftounge_o.gif

What a wonderful day, Bild proclaiming for days that they are going to destroy Latvia, then this biggrin_o.gif A lovely stab into the heart of German arrogance and football illiteracy.

Made my day this:D

Latvia vs Germany: 0-0

@Latvia: Good defence, good teamplay; Far better team. smile_o.gif

@Germany: Ja, was soll denn dieser Grottenkick!? No teamplay, no pushing forward, nothing.

Kurany and Schweinsteiger playing on their own (hello, it's a t-e-a-m game!). mad_o.gif

buehnenem__letten2,property=Bild.jpg

CHOKE ON THIS GERMANY!! biggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Choke on a red x?  wow_o.gif

Edit: Badger beat me to it

Too slow, too slow... tounge_o.gif

Yeah but come on Ronin, Bild is just the German equivilanet of the Daily Sport tounge_o.gif

A pity a team can't change its coach ingame...

Germany totally lacked a grasp for what was needed: Speed football! Because Germany wouldn't win position football against another team which also excels at it...

I think Völler is most to blame...

What a wonderful day, Bild proclaiming for days that they are going to destroy Latvia, then this biggrin_o.gif A lovely stab into the heart of German arrogance and football illiteracy.

Bild is not a newspaper, it's just a piece of coloured paper. Too bad it loses the colour --could be good (expensive) toilet paper. I call it "Stürmer", especially after the campaigns against our football "enemies". Kloppt das Blatt doch endlich in die Tonne!

And no, it's not speaking for all Germans!

My predicition for group D:

1.) Czech Republic

2.) Netherlands

3.) Germany

4.) Latvia

Bild is not a newspaper, it's just a piece of coloured paper. Too bad it loses the colour --could be good (expensive) toilet paper. I call it "Stürmer", especially after the campaigns against our football "enemies". Kloppt das Blatt doch endlich in die Tonne!

And no, it's not speaking for all Germans!

My predicition for group D:

1.) Czech Republic

2.) Netherlands

3.) Germany

4.) Latvia

The amount of people that repeat the crap thats printed in Bild is scary. I'd say its well over 60% of the population. And those that believe all that crap deserve it twice and thrice over biggrin_o.gif

BUZZARD @ June 19 2004,20:02)]I think Völler is most to blame...

I think the "divas" in front are to blame ("Do you know, one can pass a ball to a team mate, you need not to run around him!"). Plus, Ballack delayed the game in the midfield so Latvia could build it's defence...

And those that believe all that crap deserve it twice and thrice over biggrin_o.gif

Those that believe all that crap don't get it after all. I can't hear it anymore... Bild presents the Volkscomputer, Bild presents the Volksfahrrad, Bild presents the Volkshandy... crazy_o.gif

Ah, teamplay was not to blame, germany just doesn't have a single easy-scoring striker. What you guys are missing is plain talent

Schweinsteiger was on a total ego trip - wtf were those shots he tried at the goal - either you have to pack more punch or you better give the ball to someone who can. He's good at holding the ball, but that's about it. Crap game! Latvia deserved the 0-0 - and maybe even more.

1-0 to Netherlands..  smile_o.gif

yup but i doubt were gonna win...  sad_o.gif

EDIT: while typing it was ALMOST 2-0  tounge_o.gif

EDIT: 2-0 for the netherlands after 20 minutes biggrin_o.gif

Typical Van Nistelrooy. That goal should never have counted mad_o.gif