Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

This is beautiful!

Hey just got the Gold Pack!!! Fun as heck smile_o.gif

Got my first kill and succesful landing on the I-153 (?)...Oooo I also recoverd from my first stall...at 3000 feet tounge_o.gif

But one question...

Is it just me or dose the game looks/runs better in OpenGL rather then DirectX rock.gif

Hey just got the Gold Pack!!! Fun as heck smile_o.gif

Got my first kill and succesful landing on the I-153 (?)...Oooo I also recoverd from my first stall...at 3000 feet tounge_o.gif

But one question...

Is it just me or dose the game looks/runs better in OpenGL rather then DirectX rock.gif

There are people who say it was designed with openGL in mind. I run it in directX .... it looks nice too wink_o.gif BTW think stalling is fun? :P try getting into a spin and recovering from that biggrin_o.gif

If I may analyse that:

I have the impression that the typical profile of a OFP-player is simillar to that of an IL2 player!

In other words, I may guess that a great percentage here is also into IL2  wink_o.gif

will it be a seperate game or an addon for IL2 FB?

Holy Jehebus!!! Just finish downloading the 102MB patch on my 56k...took me 5 hours crazy_o.giftounge_o.gif

Like the fact that it adds 20 new planes though (15 flyable)...almost another expansions worth...too bad you can't fly the B-25...

if you are interested feel free to try some of my skins for IL2FB available here smile_o.gif

if you are interested feel free to try some of my skins for IL2FB available here smile_o.gif

Supah does great work- he made a 109K-4 skin for me, and it's purty smile_o.gif

Nice work.

That Cuban Mustang skin looks cool.

Nice skins Supah! Especially like the Swedish mustang skin, gonna have some fun with that one smile_o.gif

Back to topic.......

Downloaded it while playing some Opf this lunchtime, just watched it, wow smile_o.gif

Back to topic.......

Downloaded it while playing some Opf this lunchtime, just watched it, wow smile_o.gif

I found it a bit too dramatic but then i am more of a documentary person smile_o.gif

I wonder how they did it. I've been interested in doing something like this for a long time.

I know theres FRAPS, but that for me is a computer hog.

Awsome jobs on the skin...

Love the Cuban and Swedish Mustangs also wink_o.gif

I love IL2 and that was a nice movie,you must remember tho that the paratrooper that was gettting shot at,it didn't matter because his game was done.

I still dream of air combat in OFP, maybe for OFP2 because OFP is such a great soldier sim too, when you are in paratroop mode ...that may be the real beginning of your mission.

Pacific addon for IL2 sounds great, its a guaranteed sale to me smile_o.gif

you must remember tho that the paratrooper that was gettting shot at,it didn't matter because his game was done.

For fighting for his country ?

you must remember tho that the paratrooper that was gettting shot at,it didn't matter because his game was done.

For fighting for his country ?

I think he means that in IL2FB once you pop the canopy its a long ride down on your parachute (well depending on your altitude) and then its off to press the refly button. Were OFP that good at flight you could go on as a ground soldier. I dont think he meant to make any moral judgement on the shooting of pilots on their parachutes smile_o.gif

Yes thank you Supah...exactly as you say.

Once you bail out,your game is over.Nothing to do with the shooting of paracuted pilots,altho that is fun in games (BF 1942 for example)

Morally it is wrong

And in games like OFP,bailing out could be where your real mission actually starts (ground soldier fighting),infiltration etc..

Half the time I kill a pilot, its usually by fluke as hes jumping out or my plane happens to smash into him, which tears off my wing/tail/nose/face/rudder/you name it.

Half the time I kill a pilot, its usually by fluke as hes jumping out or my plane happens to smash into him, which tears off my wing/tail/nose/face/rudder/you name it.

I actually never had that happen. I usually dive away from a target the moment major components like canopies rudders engines or gears start coming off, it sucks to be taken out by parts of your victim smile_o.gif