Sign in to follow this  
Ex-RoNiN

This is beautiful!

Old, but nice. Was posted in the Il2 Forgotten Battles thread that used to be very active.

Is the OFP engine capable of this?

I mean instead of buying IL2 will I be content with WW2 addons for OFP?

Are WW2 OFP addons very good so as to eliminate the need to buy IL2 to have fun?

Are WW2 OFP addons very good so as to eliminate the need to buy IL2 to have fun?

No.

@ May 25 2004,06:12)]

No.

Does that mean WW2 addons for OFP are not very good compared to other WW2-themed games such as RTCW or MOHAA or Call of Duty?

You know, I have CANCELLED buying other WW2 themed games because I was confident that WW2 addons for OFP are as good if not better.

I have so much anticipation and delight for a full WW2 MOD for OFP then comes this...

@ May 25 2004,06:12)]

No.

Does that mean WW2 addons for OFP are not very good compared to other WW2-themed games such as RTCW or MOHAA or Call of Duty?

You know, I have CANCELLED buying other WW2 themed games because I was confident that WW2 addons for OFP are as good if not better.

I have so much anticipation and delight for a full WW2 MOD for OFP then comes this...

OFP simply cannot simulate aerial combat with the fidelity seen in IL2, because it caters to various combat disciplines rather than IL2's dedication to the simulation of flight.

Against other FPS games, however, OFP is leaps and bounds ahead. Especially over the titles you mentioned - Call of Duty, MOHAA and RTCW. Generally speaking, they simply can't touch OFP in terms of realism or AI abilities (Keep in mind that most everything in the single-player portions of the aforementioned games is scripted)

(That said, I did really enjoy Hidden and Dangerous 2)

OFP and IL are ten universes apart, you can't remotely compare the realism of the flight models and, generally, the games.

Touching indeed.

When the fighter cut the bomber wing I saw that in real movie once. some WW2 movie.

rock.gif

Mephis Bell had a BF109 cut a B17 in half by slamming into its aft.

Great movie. Well done.

Hell, inspiring enough to make a OFP movie with the Hell March Red Alert II theme!

I have seen it before but it’s still a very good video.

If anyone is interested there is a really good video made with Lock-On: Modern Air Combat (and some editing) that can be downloaded here:

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/6....6101524

It’s not as touching as that IL2 movie but I think it’s really good.

IL2 is fun and very beutiful but after awhile it gets old, there are only so many ways to fight in the air. There are not that many people online. Yes it is a far better arial simulator than ofp but it is dedicated to ariel combat and eventually it gets old, here is some pics

pic 1

pic 2

IL2 is fun and very beutiful but after awhile it gets old, there are only so many ways to fight in the air. There are not that many people online. Yes it is a far better arial simulator than ofp but it is dedicated to ariel combat and eventually it gets old, here is some pics

Are you talking about IL-2 or Forgotten battles?  rock.gif. Forgotten battles has never "Gotten Old" for me, and I haven't yet gotten my paws on the Aces expansion.

As for "only so many ways to fight in the air" - you can be VERY creative, just check this out!

Neat series of screenshots

Fun fun! biggrin_o.gif

If you play with other people, style and ways of fighting change. I always notice that some people fly differently than others. Some being more passive, more aggressive, so on.

Cool shots with the B17's. Pretty evil.

Hmmm was thinking of getting Forgotton Battles for a long time now..but since the Ace Expansion pack ame out, i think i'll grab the Gold Pack smile_o.gif

IL-2FB is very much worth your money smile_o.gif Now with the patch some new planes have been added on top of AEP and some old issues have been fixed. Its really fun. There is also a pacific war sequel in the works! smile_o.gif Check out the site here for progress on the games coming content smile_o.gif

If I may analyse that:

I have the impression that the typical profile of a OFP-player is simillar to that of an IL2 player!

In other words, I may guess that a great percentage here is also into IL2 wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Whats the name of the music?

Sounds like Beethoven's "Ave Maria" sung by one of the neville brothers.

Are you talking about IL-2 or Forgotten battles?  rock.gif. Forgotten battles has never "Gotten Old" for me, and I haven't yet gotten my paws on the Aces expansion.

As for "only so many ways to fight in the air" - you can be VERY creative, just check this out!

Neat series of screenshots

Fun fun! biggrin_o.gif

Wow... just- wow.