Sign in to follow this  
Softegg

Operation enduring freedom

Um.... why the US tank packs? Correct if I'm wrong, but I don't think the Bradley IFV's or the M1 tanks were ever used in Afghanistan. The only armored vehicles I've seen used in Afghanistan are various humvees, a few UN/NATO APC's, and USMC LAV-25's.

Shortly after 9/11 there was also that large Ranger airborne assault via C130's... can't remember the name of that operation but it would be do-able with Adammo's C130v2...well at least if someone made an airstrip on the Catshit V3 island. sad_o.gif

...or instead of an airstrip, in the mission it could be some kind of Taliban outpost, with Ranger extraction via blackhawks.

At any rate, that was actually the first major infantry combat mission into Afghanistan after 9/11 and would be a good way to kick off the campaign.

After that missions where SF teams link up with Northern Alliance troops and lead them on recon missions to target airstrikes would be pretty cool along with other missions doing raids on Taliban posts.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

@JAP and ExtracTioN:

due to the way informations will be transferred from mission to mission, this will only work on dedicated servers. not with single player or player-hosted games.

But can't you play single missions, if you wouldn't bother about the campaign as a whole, on a player hosted game? Or is it locked to dedicated servers somehow?

Anyway this is looking promising smile_o.gif

Hello,

First of all BigThx for Your interest in our campaign.

We try to find answers to the upon questions by concentrate them in one post.

OPEF_Airfield_5_460.jpg

1024x1295

OPEF_Airfield_6_460.jpg

1024x1295

OPEF_Airfield_7_460.jpg

1024x1295

- one point: plz guyz excuse my terrible english;

you dont have an idea  what *hell* i go through by *trying* to  translate.

...and Mr. Placebo can i have a text message under my Avatar (where .. is)

Message Title: warned!  Thx a lot  smile_o.gif

hehe, that's funny: when somebody releases a good sp map everybody is crying "can't you make it for mp, too?" and now it's the other way around biggrin_o.gif

hehe, that's funny: when somebody releases a good sp map everybody is crying "can't you make it for mp, too?" and now it's the other way around  biggrin_o.gif

I cry if it is only MP tounge_o.gif

SP I am hapy biggrin_o.gif

our target at the moment is:

multiplayer at dedicated server only.

But softegg, won't it be possible to play on a player-hosted MP game? Are you somehow locking the missions to dedicated servers?

But softegg, won't it be possible to play on a player-hosted MP game? Are you somehow locking the missions to dedicated servers?

afaik it is also possible to play it sp.

but the concept of a mission is based on its "playmode". when i design a mission as coop you _need_ some human players to solve the mission...

Yes but I didn't ask about SP, I asked about player-hosted MP (not dedicated server). smile_o.gif So I take it it's possible. Thx.

Great to see more pics from you guys! The whole idea with the campaign in mp is really awesome biggrin_o.gif keep it up!

sorry, but the host of a player-hosted game will not be able to play this campaign.

to save cpu-power, client-side scripts/actions/cutscenes will not be executed at the server/host.

Hmm, sounds very interesting.

I am going to like seeing how it's done.

softegg, what about the addons list? rock.gif

i'm still waiting. smile_o.gif

Hi raedor,

Softegg has got PC-probs; now he's back ... i hope.

greetz

Hi raedor,

Softegg has got PC-probs; now he's back ... i hope.

greetz

yep, i recieved his message. smile_o.gif

About the addons:

Okay, you want to use the "best available" addons, so you want the Abrams and Bradley that were NOT used in Afghanistan to any large extent, did you consider that it will already be a hell to get people to get people to dowload EVERY addon on that list even without those vehicles that aren't there IRL? sad_o.gif I have all those addons, but many people I know have about 3 of them, if that many, and would be interested in playing the campaign, but maybe not as to download that many separate addons, FDF is big too but it is still one pack. Really, considering that there are too many addons already IMO you don't need more of them that are there just because they are nice?

Why do we need the T-64 pack, I thought Russian T-64's were not used in Afghanistan at all, or to any large extent? Correct me if I'm wrong.

If the Marine AP is required, I hope the weapons will be used by all units, since the weapons of that pack are superior to BAS/JAM weapons IMHO, and it would be a shame to see those beautiful M249's and M16A2's just lying unused.

Love the addition of the F-15, that's a great plane. wink_o.gif

Looking forward to the campaign anyway, I think it will be great.

@Gollum1: plz read Chapter 2 / Page 2

@ ag_smith: i hope Softegg will answer your question;

@Gollum1: plz read Chapter 2 / Page 2

Yes, I read that before posting and my post still stands.

we want to use a lot of the best available addons and not to be limited in our creativity.

even if the downloads take some hours, everyone can download the required addons from time to time.

yes. we will use the weapons from usmc-pack.

OPFOR are:

- units from taliban-pack

- units from uce

- units from pflp

- t55+t64 from rhs

- tanks/guns from vitapc-pack

- tanks from sigma

- vehicles from bas

Ok, thanks for the reply. Good choice. I do agree with you that if you want to have fun, sacrificing some time to download all the needed addons is realy worth it.

There's one thing that makes me wonder, though, the "tanks/guns from vitapc-pack". The vehicles in the pack are quite-modern ones. I don't think any of them could be used by Taleban "army". Could be wrong, though. rock.gif

PS. I just hope that carrier-based F-15 is just a mistake on the pic. crazy_o.gifwink_o.gif