Sign in to follow this  
Softegg

Operation enduring freedom

Hello,

i wish to give my statement to these point of discussion:

1. what was really used in the real Operation Enduring Freedom and was not - is incumbent on a *certain* uncertainty.

2. that means - newspapers or magazines also websides give us a *small* prospect of that was really happened - it can not be the 100% truth, because there wasn't some reporters by the talibans while the fights. Of course there was some *embedded's* @ U.S. Army and their coalitions - but they only can report the U.S. - Version of this war.

( i also wasn't there - but with logical considerations one can come to this conclusion).

3. so, if somebody read some websides or got some infos from different sources of information, he has not to beleave that he knows the 100% whole history.

4. in this conflict we have the whole mix of possibilities -  for example for some - Tom Clancy's - like *sum of all fears* etc.

- russian weapons, also modern one transferred by Kasachistan.

- the necessary money - some Taliban Leader are multi-millionaires.

- an *unreal area* with many possibilities to hide.

so if you catch all these possibilities in your mind - you will aggree to me if i say: there are a lot of stories possible or?

(who can say there was no APC @ taliban side? OK the U.S. Army didn't shoot some - but is that enough to say: there wasn't some? - in my eyes : no)

5. and yes it's sure right to say *No M1A1 was used* etc. - state supported by such informations - but i still can beleave that by 11.000 U.S. Soldiers there was not 1 armoured vehicle. I can't beleave it - what i think: M1A1 or Bradly's wasn't used mainly like in *Operation Iraqui Freedom* (~170.000 Soldiers)

- as i said: the area! who to drive with a tank an upward gradient over 50%?  biggrin_o.gif  - but there is a possibility that for some special cases some armoured vehicles have been used. So few interventions that nobody has take a notice. Only we - in our campaign.

( you should not think that we atack the first *hideout* with a tank platoon - you would be disappointed)

P.S. carried-based didn't refer up to the F15.

greetz

Oh, i forgot:

- if sombody makes a 100% simulation (like some Flight sim's) you play it for your own! 100% boring!

As i know (i was by the german Marine) all military actions are based on security.

If it's possible to avoid a risk for your squad or the task => it has to be done!

That means for us gamer - no fun at all (cos only ingame => risk=fun)

... we have to concentrate *action* in 2-3 hour while gaming in one match.

update in first post:

- added some features.

- replaced links for Bradleys 1.2 + crew.

- added link for BTR-T.

Still, most of these links are unusable, blah.

Hello,

Sorry Mr. Wilco but still one link doesn't work: BAS 1.55 - cos their side is down or whatever;

- Have You meant the downloadlinks? rock.gif

greetz

update in first post:

fixed/chanded some dl-links for bas-addons.

Im sure this will be great when its done but I have few things to point out. T-64 was never used by other countries besides Russia. In Afganistan it wasnt widely used so its highly unlikely that Taleban had those. Same goes for BTR-T its not in large scale use even in russian army. I dont think it even excisted during the war in Afganistan during the 80's and thus would be very hard for Taleban to get them.

Hello,

- plz read my post - 6 - posts before yours;

- T-64 is still in the Redhammer-pack; we don't said that we use some T-64

- i wrote there was a weapon-route throught Kasachistan; with the right money u can by everyting ...also Plutonium (informationsource: Spiegel 11/2003)

- and we are in the year 2002; not in the 80's (i know how it was meant by you)

greetz

Gday all..

So as i dont go off topic.. is there a place i can go to get information on your OPFOR pack??

We are also embarking on a similar project and Id like to maybe put our heads together.

We are considering all of the units you listed.. with a few additions/differences..

2 similar packs would be funny though eh?

MadMan_Industries@hotmail.com

MadAussie out...

Yeh've got some problems with carrier based and such. I'd be glad to help you sort it out.

@MadAussie:

we are not creating a new opfor-pack, just using existing addons like uce, pflp and afghan-units. also vehicles vom bas-opfor-pack will be used.

The links I have trouble with:

UN Addon

RudeDog Bradley and Crew

Footmuch F15

BTR-T Heavy APC

After refreshing atleast 5 times each, still no download.

Also:  Do you plan to use non combatent objects for atmosphere?  IE DWR's Flight Deck Crew and many others?

Hello Mr. Wilco,

- maybe for a special mission we should thing about the flight-deck-crew (we also have the idea cos we use the Nimitz); but there are so many many good addons  

(and every day they get more and more) ... if we try to include them all - we have to sell a new Harddisk to ppl who wants play this campaign  biggrin_o.gif

- we still have sooo much atmosphere with some non combat mapfact's - enough for a desert scenario - i hope ...

- i'll put tomorrow the addons, which doesn't work for u @ my ftp and i'll post the dl link here.

greetz

Came through as always Parvus, thanks  wink_o.gif

I also made an icon for you guys who like to keep things seperate, for me too, I put all the OPEF addons in one folder and I'm in the stages of making this an icon, though I don't know how to do it, any help?

OPEF.jpg

Will you add new NVG's and Binocs now as they work in MP?

Hello,

- Thanks for the Tipp Mr. Llauma, i hope Mr. Softegg reads this and will add this very fine and special detail.

-  Thx for the icon Mr. Wilco smile_o.gif - as i saw, the addons you can not download works very fine, i also tried with a

friend of mine with annother connection. Have you tried to get this Addons? - OFPBase etc. Atwar Addons -

finally Google or whatever? I mean the addons you miss are not sooo unpopular. I only can upload the addons

*individual* on my ftp; my webspace is limited - Will you try once more to get them in the usual way?

- Finally i've got some Tipps for playing Operation Enduring Freedom

(we have our own config f.e. veh. explosions but there is no Conflict if both systems are running)

command line for OPEF:

E:\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE -nosplash -nomap -mod=mod\llauma;mod\ECP;mod\mpc

ECP 1.071

OPEF_Sys_tip_1.jpg

Llaumax2.0

OPEF_Sys_tip_2.jpg

OPEF

OPEF_Sys_tip_3.jpg

if somebody wants some f.e. ECP configs - give me a sign -

P.S. actually i've got a testmap from Mr. Softegg with some *effects* and some vehicles  ... and i have to say:

it looks very nice - simply driving in this area, at the right time of course, to see some efffect-explosions  ... lechzer.gif

- cann't wait any more ... arrgh

fixed/changed following links in first post:

UN Addon, RudeDogs Bradley, RudeDogs Crew, Footmuch F15,

BTR-T Heavy APC.

thx to Nathanz. smile_o.gif

Hello.

in order to give a view of Softegg's (imo: great biggrin_o.gif ) work:

OPEF_ingame_test_42_800.jpg

303rd Armored Regiment,

OPEF_ingame_test_40_800.jpg

attached to the 81st Armored Brigade, deployed in support of Operation Enduring Freedom

OPEF_ingame_test_41_800.jpg

greetz