Sign in to follow this  
bmgarcangel

Battlefield 2 announced by ea gamges

na, i think all that BF stuff sucks. It's just a wannabe OFP Copy like Söldner or other games. It's the next generation for CS-N00bs, and kiddies, but not for ofp players....

na, i think all that BF stuff sucks. It's just a wannabe OFP Copy like Söldner or other games. It's the next generation for CS-N00bs, and kiddies, but not for ofp players....

back1.gif

The BF series is OK until you play the same map over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again with the same people doing the same bullcrap in their freaky letter-and-number language over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over.

Then it gets old.

And then it dies.

And then you play OFP again and say "wow, this is the best thirty bucks I've ever spent"*

<span style='color:#D1D1DD'>*Also include the two military jeeps which have spawned off of it, the fuel to get them, the parts, not to mention the dedicated server which has been running for over a year... eek!</span>

you got my vote! unclesam.gif

but, if I am informed correcty then the game will apply map size to participating players. In other words 20 upwards and you got access to the city-surroundings too.. less than that you will be trapped in the city center.

but, if I am informed correcty then the game will apply map size to participating players. In other words 20 upwards and you got access to the city-surroundings too.. less than that you will be trapped in the city center.

It has been said (somewhere) that its a server side option.

for me a "video" wont make me impress on any game, as they are just "filming" what they want us to see and think(take a look on soldner, thats a good exampe blues.gif ), not what we want to see and think by our own, so i make it clear here:

Wait for the demo b4 saying anything, its still too early to say it is good or bad

If there is one thing OFP has left with me its a hatred of any games that lack realism (unless its acceptable in the context, ie sci fi).... tounge_o.gif

And sadly this series lacks realism.....

I might end up playing it for fun. But I'm sure as hell not spending $50 on it.

Does anyone know how many faces/ models allowed are in BF2? In BFV(I think), you had 2 faces and 2 bodies on each side. Also, does anyone know if you can alter animations in BF2? One of the reasons the Homefront mod couldnt do other species was because they couldnt make animations. rock.gif

Yeah is probably the best thing we'll get till ofp2 so i'll probably buy it.

Im really looking forward to STALKER though, that looks great.

The game doesn't look good, but it doesn't look terrible. Realism makes a big appearance in my ratings, seeing as mostly I keep jumping up and down flaunting the most realistic games as god.

I'm not a counterstrike fan.

Insurgents using AK74Ms? Insurgents with one of Russia's newer attack helicopters? Someone didn't do their homework. Well I bet someone did, but like in BFV, the project leader circumvented the team of advisors and went with the least realistic approach possible.

Of course, who wants to play with some 50-60 year old rusty gun and a helicopter that was sold in the late 70s when someone dropped their drink on the control panel when they can have the new stuff, right?

As far as gameplay.... I need realism... and shooting perfectly with an M249 whilst shooting at a target 200m away would just ruin it for me. But hey, the graphics look nice....

I play BF:V and you can't shoot anything for example with the M60 while walking.You NEED to be prone.

i have been playing ofp many many many years since the demo but

i do like otgher games and there are a few others i love to play aswell like c&c series games but the battlefield series can be fun with a few friends but its not a single player experience game really tounge_o.gif so thats why i don't play it nearly as much as i play ofp,

got bfv installed at the moment and me and the friends can play it from time to time smile_o.gif but bfv can't hold me on for several hours , days and so on like ofp can do biggrin_o.gif because ofp has something extra , all the addons , features , menu's , weapon fire mode settings unclesam.gif like i say to all people that i meet and tell them about my favourte game ofp i say its the only game where you can try to out run some really angry other players that are flying in gunships and driving tanks , jeeps and boats biggrin_o.gif

ofp has it all, but i'll still give the next battlefield game a fair chance maybe tounge_o.gif and try it out and so on wink_o.gif

screens look promising and if its not to expensive i coudl give it a shoot even if it turns out medium-good and not exellent biggrin_o.gif

bf 2 looks promising but imo im starting to drewl when im thinking about the next command & conquer game so far known only as red alert 3 where soviets and allied powers will face off in RTS warefare smile_o.gif so my all time 2 favourite games are ofp and c&c unclesam.gif

Isn't that funny,I play games with friends and family and they say how they like this and that.I always say you want to play something realistic the game is "OFP". They are just so stubborn headed and simple people won't play a realistic game.

Isn't that funny,I play games with friends and family and they say how they like this and that.I always say you want to play something realistic the game is "OFP". They are just so stubborn headed and simple people won't play a realistic game.

Yeah, kinda like the stubborn headed gamers who turn the other cheek to unrealistic ones?

It's their decision, really. Maybe they don't want to play an uber-realistic wargame. I know sometimes I don't.I know some people who want to keep reality and games seperate. It's not because they're stubborn, it's because they're just not into that genre as much.

Yeah, kinda like the stubborn headed gamers who turn the other cheek to unrealistic ones?

It's their decision, really. Maybe they don't want to play an uber-realistic wargame. I know sometimes I don't.I know some people who want to keep reality and games seperate. It's not because they're stubborn, it's because they're just not into that genre as much.

MY classmate just can't stand "ugly graphics" rock.gif

MY classmate just can't stand "ugly graphics"   rock.gif

I wasn't talkin about your classmate.

But there are those on both sides who can't stand one thing or another about the opposites.

While i absolutly detest the original Bf1942 as way to unrealistic ,it must be said though that BF1942 has one of the largest modding community's in gaming world ,and that this mod community has spawned a few mod's that makes that game nearly as realistic as Ofp standards.

an example:

http://forgottenhope.bf1942files.com/info.html

this mod feature's realism ,in a sense that people die from i shot ,that tank have actual realistic penetration value's depending where you hit them (even Ofp doesn't have that realism) ,no bunnyhopping ,towable AT and AA pieces and what more.

Now i don't even own Bf1942 ,and havn't been able to try this mod ,but it's rumoured to be great ,and really would like to try it.It's amount of vehicle's is staggering ,same goes for the functiounality of them it seems.Makes me almost want to buy the game just for this mod ,what can it cost now?