Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Upcoming lost brother addons

Release something?

I dream to fight beneath the star filled Gaza sky.

The echoes of AK fire in the distance.

The hum of Apaches on the horizon.

Oh won't you release something?

For OFP's sake. notworthy.gif

A few screenshots of our updated snipers:

LoBoIsraeliSniper5.jpg

LoBoIsraeliSniper6.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Our new IDF HawkAir-Defense system (Thanks to the BF IDF MOD for the model and textures and to Calm Terror for his hard work getting it working in OFP).

LoBoIDFhawk1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

New Blackhawk in IDF desert cammo pattern.

LoBoIDFblackhawk1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Mo' pics:

LoBoMeproSight1.jpg

LoBoBorderPatrol1.jpg

LoBoMagach7A1.jpg

The Magach7A and Merkava ARV are both not finished yet.

The Magach7A needs a textures fixed and needs its armored sideskirts. Also yes, in real life, the turret does look like that (very box-like). Look it up if you don't believe me.

The Merkava ARV (Armored Recovery Vehicle) also needs its textures switched to the newer textures and needs some modelling work on its crane section. Basically it will act as a repair/re-arm vehicle and it may end up being armed with an MG. We also soon may have a Achzarit heavy APC, but I'll let Heyal post pics of that at his leisure whenever he has some pics to show of it.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

On the Magach 7A the turret appears to slope down so it finishes just above the hull in one go, the actual Magach 7A has a slight inwards-slope at the bottom of the turret before it finishes above the hull.

I hope you understand what I mean, yours looks like it would be from the side:

/

as one slope, while it looks to me it is more like

<

but with that slope going inwards toward the turret ring being slightly shorter than the one going forwards.

I am only suggesting it because I recently saw pictures of the Magach 7 and I wanted to make one myself.

Yeah I noticed the same thing. I'm going to ask Heyal if perhaps he can adjust the turret model to include that slight inward slope on the bottom of the turret or see if Calm Terror can do it, although right now he's busy with various maps and debugging stuff. Nevertheless, I'm pretty happy that we even have a Magach 7A this close. You can't see it very well in the pic, but Calm Terror actually got the rear of the turret (which is a little tricky on the Magach's) just about right.

Other additions needed to it are the smoke grenade launchers.

Anyhoo...thanks for the feedback. Much appreciated.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Yeah we've made a few small updates but nothing major.  However we will unfortunately have to change the cool assault helmets on TF-777 as we just found actual pictures of these units.  Our uniform is fairly close as is the heavy body armor on them, however they seem to use a mix of US PASGT helmets and older Russian style helmets.  It seems that officers wear the PASGT helmets.  At any rate, we're going to have to add those.  We also updated the medics in all the Egyptian units as well.   Other then that, their weapon textures are getting a slight makeover on the standard AK's and RPK's and a small missing texture on the folding stock Ak's was fixed.  As far as other stuff, they have gotten new SAM systems, a new M60 based off of the INQ M60, a new M1A2 (based upon info that the Egyptian Army is upgrading many of their M1A1's to A2 level), some new BTR-50s and OT-62's, as well as a PT-76.  Those last three still however need to have their textures tanned.  

We're also trying to find information on what Egyptian snipers use other then the SVD sniper rifle and whether they use or have used in the past any of the older heavy Russian AT rifles.

Aside from all that, we're fairly satisfied with our Egyptian troops.

Here's some new screenshots by the way:

LoBoMagach7A2.jpg

LoBoMagach7A3.jpg

LoBoMachbet1.jpg

The Machbet just has one small texture bug, but otherwise is good to go. The crew as you can see, are wearing Hayal's new tanker helmets and are wearing the older PASGT style flack vests worn by most IDF tankers.  The Magach 7A just needs its smoke grenade boxes along with the brackets they mount on as well as a wind sensor post, a loader's MG, and a thermal sleeve for its cannon.  We tried doing the slight angling downward of the lower turret but it messed up the model so unfortunately we won't be able to get the turret perfect.  However it still is very very close.  We also will eventually modify the rear turret bustle basket and move the extra armor on the turret forward a bit.  I think Calm Terror is working on improving the textures as far as adding rivets and stuff go.  He also is going to make the lighter green/tan version as well.  Even this one might get a little lightening up as its just using the default olive green textures used by INQ.   The Israelies have two paint schemes...one darker for northern armored units that would usually operate in Lebenon and Syria... and a second more tann'ish paint scheme that operates in the Southern areas such as in the Sinai and in Egypt.  That caused us a tremendous amount of confusion until Calm Terror found some info that sorted that out.  We've had a ton of other updates on our IDF forces as well recently.  But all in all things are rolling along.  At the moment we're trying to concentrate on getting the Iran/Iraq map released.  

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Updated pictures of our Magach 6 (M60A3 with ERA) and our Magach 7A1 (M60 with massively uparmored turret and front/side hull along with updated fire control systems).

Then finally we have our long awaited NAGMAN apc. This is one of the most common variants of the M113 used in the Palistinian territories equipped with a special armored observation turret (stationary) and armored side panels for standing infantry in the rear compartment. It is specifically designed for urban combat operations. Also like all Zeldas it has the large spaced armor shell covering it in order to protect it against RPG-7 attacks.

The M60's models/textures are originally from INQ/Sigma but HEAVILY modified by Calm Terror with many items on the M60's custom made by Calm Terror. The Nagman is a joint collaboration between Vixer and Calm Terror. Both of them have done an excellent job on our Zeldas in general. More pics will be posted later of our new M113 technical and our new TOW variants that are meant to be now look much closer to the real versions that the Israeli Defense Force uses.

Below are the pics:

LoBoMagach6_2.jpg

LoBoMagach7A4.jpg

LoBoNagMan1.jpg

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Wow thumbs-up.gif love ur work cant wait to get this mod still play the old one, just love this mod keep it up wink_o.gif

Great work miles teg. those tanks really look great and realistic. those m4 also look great. i cant wait for those to be realised. at last, a good mod that show the IDF power (ye, im from israel). pistols.gif

Lost Brothers bunch, will you grace Armed Assault with your spectacular Israeli/Egyptian/etc units... and will you grace you spectacular Israeli/Egyptian/etc units with higher resolution skins?

inlove.gif

Thanks guys. Right now, there are no plans for higher resolution skins, however when Armed Assault comes out, hopefully that engine will allow multiple gun stations. If it does, we'll definitely update many of our vehicles to allow for multiple weapon stations.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Why no higher resolution skins? That is the only weak point in your entire project. confused_o.gif

The reason for not having high-resolution skins is simply because not everyone has a super high-end computer to handle many high-resolution units. Myself, I prefer lower resolution textures as long as they still look good. I prefer that because I like to make BIG missions with lots of units fighting. If we had high resolution textures then I don't think that I could make high quality battles that would work on my computer or most people's computers.

Oh... by the way... our new C130's are now ready thanks to Calm Terror's conversions of both Vit's (hawk based) C130 and Hawk's original grey C130. Handling has been improved so that the AI fly it within acceptable limits in that they can now land, take-off, and fly to waypoints without any serious problems.

Both the old Adammo based Israeli and Egyptian C130's were replaced as our old ones had unrealistic cammo patterns (just modifications of Adammo's textures). The new C130's have authentic IAF and EAF cammo patterns with the IAF C130 lacking roundels as in real life, generally most IAF C130's do not have Israeli roundels. The Egytian C130 has them however. Below are some pictures of our new C130's:

LoBoC130NEW_1.jpg

LoBoC130NEW_2.jpg

LoBoEgyptC130NEW1.jpg

LoBoEgyptC130NEW2.jpg

LoBoEgyptHALO1.jpg

The last pic shows a close up of some of our HALO (High Alititude, Low Opening) Egyptian Special Operations soldiers.

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

wow...cool i hope you will add VME new AI update cuz it could be very nice

and good job guys smile_o.gif

Im afraid that the VME AI update is going to lag OFP to death... It certainly sounds like very heavy script system wise. confused_o.gif

Do the Egyptians have blood textures in this next release?

smile_o.gif

Unfortunately not yet. That will probably have to wait for the next update as we've been having alot of trouble getting blood textures to work. They keep crashing the game every time we try to implement them. So until we figure out why they're crashing stuff we're not including the blood textures yet. I know it sucks, but we don't want to hold up releasing addon pack #3 because of that.

sad_o.gif

Hopefully we'll have it ready just in time for Christmas. xmas_o.gifyay.gif

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>