Sign in to follow this  
Peter_13

Vdv pack v2.0 by orcs

Same. I've never seen a brand new M1A2 get blown to pieces by some 20 year old half assed RPG from an army who's government has abandoned it.

for me the best rus infantry pack with any dude great job great job finally great russ units and figth really good oly an ask how to make to shoot the rpg from the ground like in the pic?

Could some one at least tell me what value you edit in their config to lower engagement range? And what is the average engagement range for units in flashpoint?

I really like them, I just can't use them in any battles because no other troops can fight them.

for me the best rus infantry pack with any dude great job great job finally great russ units  and figth really good oly an ask how to make to shoot the rpg from the ground like in the pic?

i think that deserves an award.. almost.. no comma or dot or anything. go you, i almost didnt understand that. crazy_o.gif

Anyone can make a JAM version for yourself. Tandem AT-Rocket completely moves abrams tank from the battle. In flashpoint there is only one way to to do it - to blow it. About javelin - I saw commercial videos about it)) So old rusty T72M1 isn't a great target for so heavy weapon)) Maybe they should try it on T80UD)

Void false, please, make something yourself before poison-spitting...

Please, let's not start an argument here - I don't think Void Flase's comments were too far out of line - but maybe a little sarcastic...

Let's try to keep our disagreements friendly. wink_o.gif

Denorc i have nothing against you or your units im just saying these are some big things to look into. Try opposing these guys against BAS unit's or HYK's and youll see. Two Full Squads of HYK soldiers and 2 abrams can be easily killed by one squad of the VDV. and thats highly unrealistic and causes game inbalance.

I afraid, soon we will see, how much is it realistic)) I mean "NATO goes to the East")

Void false is from flashpoint.ru too)) So i know him enough... many words, no deal...

I don't know how everyone is getting one squad of VDV to kill hundreds of enemies, a squad of VDV get obliterated by a Mechanized Jaegar squad.

Balance of addon units is always a tricky issue - everyone has their own idea of how powerful a certain weapon is, how strong armor on a certain vehicle is etc.

Also, what is balanced against default BIS units may not be balanced against another addonmakers units.

JAM helps with these kind of things, but not every addon maker is happy with the JAM values, either.

Even though all JAM discussions were open to everyone who wanted to give an opinion... rock.gif

Ah well.

No, what it is is sychophantic patriots making their country look wonderful.

If I were making an addon about the Marines or the Army, or the Russian Army, I would balance it to real world statistics and joint NATO operations, not my own personal highly biased opinion.

No unguided AT weapon is that powerful.

EDIT: And before someone decides to get all high and mighty on me, EVERY addon maker does it. EVERY LAST ONE.

People will argue that the Brazilian Army can defeat the US without losing one man. People will argue that the Russian military could invade China and use 45 bullets to subdue the entire country. People will argue that France's Foreign Legion is the best fighting force in the world.

We're all biased, and if I get PRed for this, it's an outrage.

No, what it is is sychophantic patriots making their country look wonderful.

If I were making an addon about the Marines or the Army, or the Russian Army, I would balance it to real world statistics and joint NATO operations, not my own personal highly biased opinion.

No unguided AT weapon is that powerful.

Hey, now that isn't called for!

If you disagree with the values for this addon you can respectfully disagree...there is nor need for mudslinging (which is dangerously close to flaming, IMO).

These guys have put out these excellent units for you to use, if you don't like the values as they are, you have several options:

- Don't use the addon

- Adjust the config.cpp values yourself

- Equip the units with other weapons

- Ask the makers nicely if they would consider adjusting the values in the next release

If this thread disolves into an argument, all involved can expect a 2 week ban from these forums! mad_o.gif

Ok ok ok, every one has their own personal take on what is realistic and what is balanced. Could some at least tell me how to change their engagement range so I can be happy with them though? Is it the weapons that makes them engage that far?

I simply cannot find a use for these units as they are now. They look great and are very promising but they just don't play well with anything.

I just did a human wave attack consiting of lots of troops against one squad of vdv...

The Human wave order of battle. Squads (all comprised of 12 men each)

1. Hyk 03 desert

2. BAS desert deltas

3. BAS desert Rangers

4. BIS US Infantry

5. BIS FIA Resistance

6. CSLA Recon Troops

7. CSLA Paratroopers

8. CSLA Infantry

9. Marine Pack Marines

10. BAS Tonal+OPFOR Government Troops

= 120 men vs 12. 10 to 1 odds.

Battle ground, desert island. I watched the batte unfold with camera.sqs.

The results? Ok the VDV were all killed thanks to a heroic flanking manuver by the remanents of the Czech and US reuglars and the 2 surviving deltas. US Marines and BIS US troops were wiped out, alond with the Czech paratroopers and scouts. FIA forces were routed along with the US Rangers.

Death toll = 70 dead. That's still insane. 12 vs 120 on a flat field with no cover? That should of been a massacre.

Now please could some one just tell me how to lower their engagement range to match every one else? Pretty please. I love these new units they just need tweaked.

PS. I posted pics of the battle in combat photography

Quote[/b] ]- Adjust the config.cpp values yourself

Thats all I'm asking help for. I like the addon, I just would like to tweak it to suit my needs.

Quote[/b] ]- Equip the units with other weapons

Will that lower their engagement range? I thought it was something else that decided that.

Could some one at least tell me what value you edit in their config to lower engagement range? And what is the average engagement range for units in flashpoint?

I really like them, I just can't use them in any battles because no other troops can fight them.

Sensitivity.

Normal (BIS default) is 1, BAS should be 1.1, Sniper units have 1.2,

while these units have 3.5

You can lower sensitivityEar too

No problems Sputnik, all I'm asking for is a nice civilized discussion. People are certainly free to discuss addons, and point out any perceived problems or faults - all we ask is that you consider the feelings of addon makers and do it politely. smile_o.gif

You can also adjust the ranges in cfgAmmo. minRange, midRange, and maxRange apply to AI. maxRange is the absolute maximum range they'll attack with that ammo. 450m max is BIS default for most small arms iirc; real numbers are closer to 500m for 5.56 (assault rifles, firing for effect) and 900m for 7.62 (medium machine guns i.e. M60,PKM).

To clarify sensitivity: BIS troops are set to sensitivity=1, and snipers are actually set to 2. For comparison, WGL sensitivity is 1.5/2.25 (with coefficients for airborne/SF troops) and sensitivityEar at 0.25 (*coefficients).

After boosting the sensitivity values it's much more fun to play with AI at the default skill levels (low end of the spectrum).

I set all their sensitivity to 1.1 and ear to .3, except for the snipers who I set to 2 and the Designated marksmen to 1.5. Didn't make a lick of difference.

It must be the guns. Pity, for they look really good. My last idea is to switch the weapons out for more balanced ones. I don't know of any other AKS74s out there though. Any one know where I might download one?

Ugh I gotta say I'm not looking forward to sorting through another config to rearm the troops.

ORCS,wonderful work!You have evolved alot on the texturing part they look alot better now then they looked in the last version,having fun playing with them,and also tweaking them.

The problem is that its not that I doubt the VDV can beat the crap out of US Special forces(I have no idea if it`s true,as far as I know there was no direct confruntation),problem is when you play in Multiplayer one side is extremly overpowered.

Have a few questions if you care to answer:

_I`ve asked you 5 times until now and sent you an E-Mail. What happend to the water you showed pics on flashpoint.ru forum?The pixel shaded one..I won`t blame you if you say it was photoshoped we already recived alot of good work from you,but I really need an answer,was it indeed a breakthrough on OF or not?

_What other projects are you curently working on?I know you`ve recived Caucasus-Crisis work.How about their Alpha units,Mig 29,Btr70,BMP packs,mechanized infantry,new tank crew,explosion effects,FSB have you revived them all and plan to realese them?

_Have you recived their Chechen islands with winter variation. It looked very promising,do you plan to develop it any further?

wat does maxprob= stand for then?

really good units, textures are really good

but i think theyre too powerful

i mean they can target with precision 450 to 500m + with accuracy with iron sights?

i think the weapons just need a little tweaking to make them target around 400 max