Sign in to follow this  
Guest RKSL-Rock

Us woodland camo netting

Guest RKSL-Rock

*This is duplicated from the Addons Discussion forum*

Ok guys a bit later than promised and certainly not as complete as I planned - here's the US Woodland Net pack BETA ONLY!

I've been a bit busy this week so I've scaled down the BETA release.  Hopefully I'll be able to finish this pack and complete the Desert and Snow packs after the weekend.

RKSL-US-Howi.jpg

RKSL-US-LARGE.jpg

RKSL-US-LEANTO.jpg

RKSL-US-OPEN.jpg

RKSL-US-SCUD.jpg

I've loaded them up to my website but registration is required.  Apologies for this but we've had problems with file leeching in the past.  I'd be gratefull if people could provide mirrors.

DOWNLOAD THE US CAMO NETS VER 0.93BETA

MIRROR 1 - OPFlashpoint.org

MIRROR 2 - OFPBase (Zip format)

Thanks guys!

Rock

Really nice guys, they are very much appretiated biggrin_o.gif Can you modify the lean-to however to make it smaller so it can be used as cover for a proning sniper? It would only be alittle above the ground, just enough so a unit can look out. Would be nice i think.

Waiting for the snow and desert versions of these now... smile_o.gif

P.S

I added a mirror to OFPBase found here. It's in ZIP format as opposed to RAR.

Guest RKSL-Rock
Really nice guys, they are very much appretiated biggrin_o.gif Can you modify the lean-to however to make it smaller so it can be used as cover for a proning sniper? It would only be alittle above the ground, just enough so a unit can look out. Would be nice i think.

Waiting for the snow and desert versions of these now... smile_o.gif

P.S

I added a mirror to OFPBase

There will be a sniper hide in the full pack.

As well as the first 5 nets there will be "Net Hanger", Sniper Hide and garage nets.

I just havent finished testing them properly yet.

Snow and Desert will be out on Monday (As long as I dont get drunk again wow_o.gif )

And thanks for adding the mirror  smile_o.gif

WOW.

It is what tigers likes smile_o.gif

We need to vote prohibition in whole RockofSL's state biggrin_o.gif

I have few questions:

1. could be "scud" one a little bigger? I'm not good driver wink_o.gif and 2 of 3 trials finished with destroyed net...

2. same with "Large" net. With jeep it is no prob, with hummer is worse... And little idea - can it be made as "repair point" too?

3. about "large" too - i do not know if it would be real - can be done similiar net, but drive-trough?

4. map icons - is it possible to make their size proportional to size of net?

And next question, this time to "scripting" magicians. Is it possible to script those nets to be AI friendly? I have tried jeep to drive in "large" net, and it always tried to drive through wall...

And i have a dream ;)

Desert net (tent) as place for rest for pilots for instance. Pilot can step in, put rifle to racks and sit on chair or somekind of bench, and ordered, grab rifle from racks and get out from there...

Guest RKSL-Rock
WOW.

It is what tigers likes smile_o.gif

We need to vote prohibition in whole RockofSL's state biggrin_o.gif

Prohibition in the UK?!?  Not bloody likely mate mad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

I have few questions:

1. could be "scud" one a little bigger? I'm not good driver  wink_o.gif  and 2 of 3 trials finished with destroyed net...

Ok, I'll sort that no problem.

Quote[/b] ]2. same with "Large" net. With jeep it is no prob, with hummer is worse... And little idea - can it be made as "repair point" too?

Ok I can make the entrances a  bit bigger but the idea was that they are for personel rather than equipment, hence the wooden decking.

I'll look into the repair point idea but i suspect I'd have to change the building class to house rather than camp.  I'll look into it.

Quote[/b] ]3. about "large" too - i do not know if it would be real - can be done similiar net, but drive-trough?

"Do you want fries with that?" wink_o.gif

This maybe another Net model but its not impossible.

Quote[/b] ]4. map icons - is it possible to make their size proportional to size of net?

If someone can tell me how to do it I will.  Any gurus out there that can answer this one?

Quote[/b] ]And next question, this time to "scripting" magicians. Is it possible to script those nets to be AI friendly? I have tried jeep to drive in "large" net, and it always tried to drive through wall...

Specifically which net.  Most have a Paths and Roadway LOD's where necessary - One of the things I missed in others in the rush to release a beta (I've still got my hang over from Monday)

Quote[/b] ]

And i have a dream ;)

Desert net (tent)  as place for rest for pilots for instance. Pilot can step in, put rifle to racks and sit on chair or somekind of bench, and ordered, grab rifle from racks and get out from there...

Sitting down on a chair....sounds like a script here....not my area...anyone?

OK well I'll try and incorparate what I can in the V1.0 release.  It'll probably see a few more models added to it.

Also just to make my life easier Im going to release 3 packs.

US Style Nets inc: Woodland, Snow and Desert

UK Style Nets inc: Woodland, Snow and Desert

Other Style Nets inc: Woodland, Snow and Desert

This is mainly down to time but all models will be the same through each pack.  They should be released int he order above.

I hope Im not blind (would be hard to play ofp if thats the case) but I cant find the nets in my editor.

What class are they?

Thnx in advance

Guest RKSL-Rock

The full class name are in the Readme - posted below.

Quote[/b] ]USE

===

To use this addon goto the mission editor

EMPTY>RKSL BETA OBJECTS

>Camo Net(WLD-US) Howitzer

>Camo Net(WLD-US) Lean-to

>Camo Net(WLD-US) Openside

>Camo Net(WLD-US) Scud Net

>Camo Net(WLD-US) Large Net

Classnames

==========

RKSL_HowitzNET_US

RKSL_leanto_US

RKSL_openside_US

RKSL_scudnet_US

RKSL_LGE_US

I've just realised the path is worded differently in the Readme. Apologies for any confusion - I'll fix it in the release

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]2. same with "Large" net. With jeep it is no prob, with hummer is worse... And little idea - can it be made as "repair point" too?

Ok I can make the entrances a bit bigger but the idea was that they are for personel rather than equipment, hence the wooden decking.

I'll look into the repair point idea but i suspect I'd have to change the building class to house rather than camp. I'll look into it.

Make a MemoryLOD and place a single point and call it "doplnovani" in the named selections window. Then in your config add a line "transportRepair=200000000". The value is a bit arbitary, but this amount is the same as a BIS repair centre.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]4. map icons - is it possible to make their size proportional to size of net?

If someone can tell me how to do it I will. Any gurus out there that can answer this one?

You can make a custom icon for it. If you make it as a paa you can use alpha channels to get the shape right. Then in your config use "mapsize=??" to get the size right and just path the file using "icon="\RKSL_ReallyNiceTents\CoolTentMarker.paa".

Looking very nice BTW. Can't wait to start having a play with these wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock

Thanks mate i was going to get intouch with tonight anyway...want to pick your brains on something.

Cheers!

My bad ;)

Seems i was trying to force AI to drive into storage net smile_o.gif

But...

Please see this mission i wrote to check nets (no additional addons except yours). It is why i said about scripting them to help AI.

Mission

I mentioned the odd shadows after destroying the tents in the original thread:

shadows....jpg

The fallen net appears to fall down below the ground, a mighty odd thing to encounter running around.

Don't mind the texture, just playing with different camo schemes. wink_o.gif

Guest RKSL-Rock
Login Incorrect! Please Try Again...

fighter

mad_o.gif

On which site?

If its mine PM me with you user name and i'll reset it for you.

I love these cammo nets...however one small knitpick...

The net over the tent is positioned incorrectly.

One of the basic things they teach, at least in the US Army, about putting up cammo is that you are supposed to break up the outline of whatever you are covering...hence it is incorrect to simply lay the cammo nets over a tent unless you have no need to hide the tent from ground forces and are more concerned with hiding the tent from enemy aircraft or spy satellites.  

The nets over the tents correctly applied should look like the other nets.  

From experience I can tell you that it SUCKS putting up cammo nets over tents.  It's a pain in the ass, but when done correctly it really hides the tents well from enemy infantry and ground vehicles.

I know that these are UK nets, but does the UK use 3 point spreaders on their cammo net poles like the US Army does?  If so that might be one detail you could add.  But I won't cry if its not added.  I think overall they look great.   Keep up the great work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Miles AFAIK its US Nets he has released, but we need some nets to cover up the Apaches as non of them ar high enough atm.

Guest RKSL-Rock
It's O.K. now   smile_o.gif

fighter

smile_o.gif

P.S. It was this site

Sorted!  smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ] love these cammo nets...however one small knitpick...

The net over the tent is positioned incorrectly.

Thanks its always nice getting positive feedback.  Even nitpicks are apprecited  tounge_o.gif

The thing with that one tent is that it was designed for a specific mission in mind on an island that is only about 10% atm.  It's also meant to be part of a cluster of  similar style  nets and tents that when put together are far from regular.

It was only put in the camo pack as a teaser for the Tent pack to follow later.

Quote[/b] ] From experience I can tell you that it SUCKS putting up cammo nets over tents.  It's a pain in the ass...

LOL yeah I have the same experience from the RAF Regiment.  Even worse than tents are aircraft, the aircrew get so protective of their toys when faced with 6 hairy arsed squaddies armed with camo netting smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I know that these are UK nets, but does the UK use 3 point spreaders on their cammo net poles like the US Army does?  

Erm... US style camo...I know its not exact patterning but I had to compromise alot on image quality vs ingame practicality.

From my own experience (some time ago now) the UK tends to use several aluminium poles and guide ropes for the structures that are meant to be cover in camo.  Everywhere else we improvise.  Eg trees etc.

Personally I've never understood the need to carry an extra 100Kgs of Ally poles around with you when there are perfectly good substitutes in the local envrionment (Deserts being the exception).

Guest RKSL-Rock

Well after the 'success' of the "US Woodland Camo pack" released last week, i've been working on the Desert and Snow versions and they are 90% complete. The exceptions are the sniper hide and hanger netting models. I've received some pretty good feedback (Thanks guys) and I'm trying to take it all on board. So I've decided to concentrate on improving the US pack first before releasing the UK and Generic Camo versions.

Desert Camo Screen Shot

Snow Camo Screen Shot

So far the US scheme has been a complete breeze in comparison to the UK and generic versions. The UK scheme is an exercise in compromise between reality and what looks good in the game. The modern UK schemes are quite densely packed and quite hard to recreate convincingly in OFP but I'm not giving up yet. So i apologize for the delay but bear with me and I'll put them out very soon.

Thanks for your patience.

I must say:

desert version looks awsome, as it really fits perfectly into

those ground textures - wondering how it will look like on

Tonahl, Sinai Peninsula or other desert isle's (as SW Nogova ain't the place where desert combat maps get made usually).

Also the snow camo looks very good, but one thing really

annoys me there (attention j/k now):

What a help is the best camo ever, if then there is such

a stupid soldier with snow camo standing on an asphalt road

where there is no snow tounge_o.gif

~S~ CD

Looking good biggrin_o.gif