Sign in to follow this  
Faceless16

Ofp firefights, are they.......

Realistic in your opinion? Dont get me wrong, OFP is a great game, but if you really sit back and take a look at it, the firefights arent very realistic at all. The only fighting that takes place is all in the open, I mean everyone eventually will just die because there is no lean around the corner features for the player and the AI most definitely doesnt really use cover or anything. I think it would be a little better if the A.I would actually be afraid of suppressing fire and actually would hide and shoot around corners dont ya think?

Don't underestimate OFP AI. I have seen them perform some real sneaky manouvers in my time.

You have to remember though that this is a 3yr old game and when it first came out it was waaaay beyond anything else.

Wait for OFP2 wink_o.gif

Suppressive fire does cause enemy soldiers to drop to the ground, unless the enemy soldiers have been forced to stand up. Also, if you want some nasty, brutal firefights, then download Tonal and play some urban missions. I've been in firefights that lasted almost 15 minutes in "Internal Conflict".

JAM units seem to have really intense firefights, I have a few missions in the editor specifcally meant for hardcore fighting.

AFAIK firefights usually start from long distance instead of short distance IRL.

Yea, it is pretty old game if ya look at it huh? By the way whats JAM and Tonal? I only pop up here every now and then and sometimes I'm not quite up to speed on things.

The firefights in WGL are very realistic. Engagements begin at max effective ranges and continue all the way in to house to house fighting. There is a lot of suppressive fire and flanking. This is with both AI and human OPFOR.

i think any area with open spaces wouldnt have firefights at all, aircraft and tanks would do it all smile_o.gif

most of the time we get into a messive firefight within a range of 500m to as short as 10m (shorter then that will become "who shot first wins") if we uses some well made addons, we are lucky enought to have AIs which clever enought to prefrom some RL manouver and script to enhance them.

Just add this allowFleeing 0 to the unit's initialization, and they won't retreat, either.

i have seen 5 SF units from wgl totally annihilate 25 non wgl units (both set to maximum skill), the fight started by the sniper hiding on a hill and taking out the enemy units one by one (looked like it started by rank), at the same time the MG gunner took a flanking position and sprayed the terrain with a M240, shortley after this the rest of the squad did a flanking manouver to the left supported by m203 greandes...

first when they wher about 50m away from the non wgl units the remaining opfor started shooting back... but not for long...

Well i saw someone works at script which allows you transport corpses,

i noticed somewhere animation of medic dragging wounded (lets hope it can be done by script too) ...

i heard someone working on missile launchers at wheeled vehicles

we got fast roping and much before "impossible" features ...

why You not optimistic maybe someone break barrier and script leaning too ...

---

... there are no limits ... only these You believe in ...

@ Faceless16

Hello,

Ok since nobody noticed it, i will answer this question:

Quote[/b] ]By the way whats JAM and Tonal?

Tonal island is a island made by BAS, here some info on it. And here we got a link to download as i couldn't find the link at the BAS site itself. For Jam here is the info on that. I believe tonal has Jam2 already in it, but correct me if i am wrong guys and tell where to get the correct version then.

Also before you ask i saw someone mention WGL units. Well here is some info on it and the download link for it, also a patch already exists for it.

Hope that answers your questions  smile_o.gif

Laters,

X