Sign in to follow this  
DPS -CCCP-

Zil 130/131 pack relase soon!

Quote[/b] ]will the BM 21 work with COC UA ?

You mean the COC addonmakers, who made the pretty good torpedos?

If yes, we answer, that we do not have any connections with ofther mods or addonmakers.

The scripting idea gives you completely working BM-21. Sorry, but AI cant use this addon, because it requres brains smile_o.gif

Nice addons.

Only I am missing there is road tanker (like this fuel tanker) with big writings "KBAC". biggrin_o.gif

I remember such a truck from times of my visit USSR in eighties.

If yes, we answer, that we do not have any connections with ofther mods or addonmakers.

The scripting idea gives you completely working BM-21. Sorry, but AI cant use this addon, because it requres brains smile_o.gif

CoC UA is the best artillery simulation around. I gather from your post you havent tried it out. I suggest you do, its really cool. Also the CoC guys are always more then willing to help.

The scripting idea gives you completely working BM-21. Sorry, but AI cant use this addon, because it requres brains :)

CoC UA is the best artillery simulation around. I gather  from your post you havent tried it out. I suggest you do, its really cool. Also the CoC guys are always more then willing to help.

Yes, i havent tried it out, but we also have our own ideas :)

BM-21 is not artillery, and some other principals of fire....

Also, i can say you, that firing from our grad is firing like the real MLRS, without any "Enter coordinates, etc.". And rockets fly in the full way to target, by the ballistic traektory (I donk know, how to write correctly this word at English, sorry :). We resolve the ofp problem, which doesnt allow to fire the rockets VERY far. But our GRAD do it ;)

Quote[/b] ]Only I am missing there is road tanker (like this fuel tanker) with big writings "KBAC".

I remember such a truck from times of my visit USSR in eighties.

Heh, "KBAC" ;)

It is a spesial Russian drink, which doesnt contains any alchogol. It is rather good, and i like it ;)

This word is reading like "KVYAS"

So human player must be inside BM-21 to fire? You cant for example click on a map where you want to fire and then AI would fire?

Yes, i havent tried it out, but we also have our own ideas smile_o.gif

BM-21 is not artillery, and some other principals of fire....

Also, i can say you, that firing from our grad is firing like the real MLRS, without any "Enter coordinates, etc.". And rockets fly in the full way to target, by the ballistic traektory (I donk know, how to write correctly this word at English, sorry smile_o.gif. We resolve the ofp problem, which doesnt allow to fire the rockets VERY far. But our GRAD do it ;)

CoC UA does do systems like the MLRS too but offcourse if you have a good working system why not use it smile_o.gif The trucks look spectacular. I remember seeing some screenshots of it on flashpoint.ru a while back. Good work smile_o.gif

2Supah

Can you give me the link to this project (COC UA)? I suggets its very interesting ;)

2Bucket man

Yes, player must be inside fo firing. You must fire the rockets rather really, and there is no clicking on the map and entering the coordinates. The rockets fired from the MLRS wiht the angle, and fly..... :)

Can you give me the link to this project (COC UA)? I suggets its very interesting ;)

http://www.website.thechainofcommand.net/coc_ua1.htm

The CoC Unified Artillery is a collaboration between a number of OFP mod teams. The Chain of Command stands for the artillery engine while the units have been provided by DKM, SEB, UKF and BAS. It's fully plugin-based so it is fairly easy to add new artillery units.

As a matter of fact, CoC has a "UA Collaboration" program in place to provide assitance to addon makers that wish to make their artillery UA compatible. Send a PM to Dinger, the CoC Arty boss, if you are interested. A BM-21 would be a welcome addition to the UA family. smile_o.gif

@ Guys from "Our Weapons"

Your trucks look very nice !!!

... maybe add a little bit mud, or do two versions >>>

- clean (washed) trucks

- muddy trucks (especially army versions)

I am looking forward for release this pack !!!

fighter

biggrin_o.gif

Cool. I'm looking forward to seeing these units in game; we really need support units like these.

about the Grad and UA:

As supah says, if you have a working system, go ahead and use it. The UA system is not for every artillery (=rocket artillery or tube artillery) mod. And I'm eager to see the way in which you resolved the range issue.

UA is primarily a system for control (via AI) of support units, particularly artillery pieces. The goal was to allow someone (such as an artillery observer) to control a unit remotely (e.g., an M46 10km to the rear), such that it would fire accurately and ballistically onto the battlefield at low- and high-angles of fire.

Part of the design of UA is that virtually any addon can be made UA-compatible. When the UA monolith is not present, the unit will function normally. With the monolith, a player with a radio can control it and perform actions that the addonmaker specifies. So an addonmaker can include UA-compatibility as a "bonus" that's only activated when UA is present.

The MLRS and Artillery we've adapted to UA further uses some targeting schemes that calculate the azimuth and elevation needed to hit a target ballistically.

The cruise missile uses its own guidance system.

All of this works in MP and SP.

---

This may not be what you want. A simpler control system (that's also a bunch of fun) is that used by the WGL_mortars.

---

Anyway, the initial release of UA only had West units (it makes debugging easier if you have the scripts). By the next release I want a full set of Russian (ideally ca. 1985 Soviet) hardware. I'm still looking for a BM-21 and something like a 2S1

chill man they will release it if you dont belive me go on ther comments section at flashpoint.ru  smile_o.gif

told you  smile_o.gif

you can grab it here clicky

For a while now i have been trying to contact The Our Weapon Mod about using some of their models. With very little succes smile_o.gif Anyone have a working email adres/MSN adres for a mod member?

Dont try you will never get premission to use their models

If you dont try you indeed wont get permission rock.gif

For a while now i have been trying to contact The Our Weapon Mod about using some of their models. With very little succes smile_o.gif Anyone have a working email adres/MSN adres for a mod member?

HERE

Started getting an excue to play with these units, and noticed that the driver sit on the passager side front seat in some not all of the trucks, maontly the fire trucks, and Grads. Wonder if anyone else had this issue..