Sign in to follow this  
MrZig

Ofp2 supporting directx9, dynamic lighting ect!

I seriously hope that BIS is not going to sell to ANY hardware manufacturer, keep standards and optimize for any hardware as needed ...

imagine how all these games optimized for NVIDIA were working e.g. at ATI / Matrox (in old times) ... and that features were supported by all 3 brands fine ...

XGI is trying to get fine card out too, Kyro gen 5 looks great too (including Shaders 3.0 support) and all know that Intel bought lot of Kyro patents and signed pact to get access to new technologies ...

IT's not all in mystical value 3.0...

2.0a/b allows already most of 3.0 offers so question is speed...

and when 3.0 card is performing same quality scene at 33% speed of card doing 2.0b scene then i stick with 2.0b instead smile_o.gif ...

of course support for 3.x needed because XBOX 2 going to use them :0

So what kind of processor and speed also graphics card setup we looking for to play OFP2?

your probably looking at a

Athlon 64 3700+

2GB DDR2

Geforce 6800 Ultra

For a decent experiance ^_^

i will like ofp2 if its like ofp but with beta grafix and all namy (Nam) i hope it has effects like WGL 4.10 and tht lol

Well. How long does BattleField 1942 takes to load? About 2-15 miniutes. 15 miniutes for people having the minimum requirement PC. BF1942 is a large island. Supports DX8.1. So, OFP and OFP2 will be bigger, and have more stuff like houses schools, poeple. Hopefully, they look as good a Battle Field.

Hopefully, they look as good a Battle Field.

What the hell are you talking about, BF looks like shit compared to ofp resistance.

I don't like OFPs "gloomy" look and their ground textures..

Hopefully OFP2 can look like S.T.A.L.K.E.R or something.

I don't like OFPs "gloomy" look and their ground textures..

Hopefully OFP2 can look like S.T.A.L.K.E.R or something.

This is a joke, yes?

Derek

A joke? What do you mean?

Even look at the Xbox version of OFP, it's more colorfull then ofp res for computer.

And S.T.A.L.K.E.R. looks amazing, but I think it requires mulitple loading times for different parts, oh well, OFP wouldn't need THAT much detail.

If you had graphics like stalker in ofp, you would probably need a very good computer or it will run very slowly. I would rather have a very realistic war sim than very good graphics.

Well duh, STALKER has alot of objects in just one town, I'm talking basic graphics, like the guns, vehicles etc.

Hell yes.

OFP is really gloomyish.

How bright is real war? What? Make sense please.

I'm talking landscape, guns, the basic "ENGINE" of OFP, it's too, bah forget it, you just don't get it.

I LIKE GLOOMY.

Ever see Saving Private Ryan? Spielberg had 70% of the color faded to give the movie a grainy and realistic look. It added to the mood to.

There are 3 colors in war: Green, Brown, and Red. All you need.

However quality textures are more important than color.

That sounds awesome! I just hope BIS would explain the improved collision detection.

I believe dynamic shaows means objects casts shadows on other objects as well?

Just look at the latest xbox screenies.. In one of them you can see a soldiers shadow casted upon a HMMWV.

Edit: here it is..

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/xscreennew2_hi.jpg

Am I the only one who sees those little weeds on the ground?

That sounds awesome! I just hope BIS would explain the improved collision detection.

I believe dynamic shaows means objects casts shadows on other objects as well?

Just look at the latest xbox screenies.. In one of them you can see a soldiers shadow casted upon a HMMWV.

Edit: here it is..

http://ofp.gamezone.cz/news/pics2/xscreennew2_hi.jpg

Am I the only one who sees those little weeds on the ground?

i see them too smile_o.gif

i hope the tarrain will have self-shadowing.. like mountains casting shadows in the distance.. also trees and stuff.. you walk under a tree during the day.. you see the shadows of the leafs going over you'r player and you'r weapons.. hell.. just give every object in the game including the tarrain.. and especainly the clouds self shadowing.. nothing like looking out at a field during a partly clouded day and watching the shadows of the clouds move along the landscape.

Quote[/b] ] hope the tarrain will have self-shadowing.. like mountains casting shadows in the distance.. also trees and stuff..  you walk under a tree during the day.. you see the shadows of the leafs going over you'r player and you'r weapons.. hell.. just give every object in the game including the tarrain.. and especainly the clouds self shadowing.. nothing like looking out at a field during a partly clouded day and watching the shadows of the clouds move along the landscape.

I have a scenario in mind where one's squad stands in a field of grass, looking in front of buildings 200m away like seen in recent Stalker-Screenshots and trying to fight through a city in good old 'Full Metal Jacket'-mood, trying to eliminate a sniper in one of these buildings.

http://img.gamershell.com/imagefo....125.jpg

Gloomy, isn't it?

Imagine terrains with the seize of Everon with gfx like this. I would die in a second  biggrin_o.gif

That is soo "Booahhh".

Unfortunally OFP 2 will not have those details I am sure. I am absolutely sure as they have to create much more bigger terrains as the ones in Stalker. In Stalker you will have limits, in OFP 2 not. I prefer the second one although I would instantly die if OFP 2 had such Stalker gfx.

Although I´m still in love with my OFP ingame gfx with lot of details and textures maxed out biggrin_o.gif

Prepare to faint:

Relax

I'm sure BIS is doing their best to compete with these eye candy shooters.

I believe BIS will come up with the goods due to the fact that even tho a long time has passed, Resistance still looks amazin as everyone is showing on the flashpoint screenshots thread. It still is competing with alot of new games that are using new graphic cards with alot more memory and features. They are also using the latest directx 9 and the processing power has gone in leaps and bounds since 2001 - 2. I think once the first set of official screens of flashpoint 2 are released we will all be totally awestruck with how it looks.

Good luck to the BIS team anyhow and i hope you all the best to this 2nd outing of the best game ever produced.

Well I think it won't be so revolutionary as most of you predict, sure it would be nice to have gfx like stalker <DROOL> but imagine that gfx with a big world like OFP has, I say no way jose, at least not without streaming technology...And I'd hate that, I like OFP the way it is now even tho it works poorly on my aged duron 800 with 640 megs of ram and radeon 9000pro...

But, If they just fix that clipping issues and make OFP2 look a little better than VBS1 I'd be the happiest camper in the forest.

biggrin_o.gif