Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Here's a pic of the beretta sites from America's army that could be useful:

135_1089730967_sites.jpg

nice one that makes work easier, if you could make some screens from these guns:

Glock 17

Tokarev

CZ 75

Skorpian

if the are ingame that would be really cool....

new.jpg m1911a1

beretta.jpgberetta

Here's a pic of the beretta sites from America's army that could be useful:

Unfortunately the M9 in america's army isn't up to the standard of the other models or iron-sites in the game and kinda looks like ass.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WIPMAN contacted me and told me about a GrEAT idea.

HE will make the SCORPION sight.

hang on a little and then perhaps all handguns will have new sights !

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Damn pappy, sorry to hear that, good luck with the surgery

and get well soon afterwords.

Yes, good luck with your surgery Pappy, "Bonne chance" in my own language..

It sounds pretty serious and I hope hope all the best for you.

Its just a abscess right? It shouldent be too bad.

Good luck, but you dont need it  tounge_o.gif

the fact they have to cut it open. . if it is a one inch cut. . i dont want to get cut open >_<

my ass is big enough for two holes i shoulda just left the thing alone. . but stupid me called the doctors  crazy_o.gif

aw well. .like i said my bed is right next to the PC so at least you guys wont miss me  smile_o.gif

Correction: at least i wont miss OFP tounge_o.gif OFP withdrawlel may result in injury, bodily harm, and / or death. . .to anyone else around me crazy_o.gif

Damn, that sucks man. Hope you feel better soon, and get to enjoy OFP a little instead of working on it, for us non-modding pukes.

In the meantime, I'll be enjoying the hard work that you've already done.

You're awesome, Pappy.

Later.

unclesam.gif

Ouch, not being able to sit down? That's GOTTA be painful.

Best of luck to ya though! unclesam.gif

We certainly can't tell you to "get off your ass" and update Y2k3 now, can we? J/K I hope you have a speedy recovery.

Triumph rocks...

Anyways yeah. Have fun. Hope you get a hot nurse to help you around.

Pappy I'll refrain from any asinine comments, oops too late wink_o.gif

Get well soon smile_o.gif

Pappy I'll refrain from any asinine comments, oops too late  wink_o.gif

Get well soon smile_o.gif

lol well as i always say "its better to be a smartass then a dumbass"  tounge_o.gif

edit:

can i just point out, that out of all the mods in OFP, the Y2K3 users have to be the most down to earth, understanding careing, inteligent, mature, wonderful buncha people i know. . .

ive been around the forums a few times. . .seeing the immature ppl postin shit. .most common in BAS threads and i thought for sure id have to put up with that. . .which swayed me from orginaly not releasing Y2K3. . . but ill tell you what, out of the combat photos in the general forum advertising Y2K3, out of the positive comments , the freindly suggetions, and the understanding of how hard it is to create something like this. . .i think the thing i enjoy most about this mod. . . is the people who use it. . . i cant stress enough that yall are by far the best people i know smile_o.gif

hey pappay good luck on all that.

if i get those new sights finsihed. ....

am i allowed to change your config and update it with the new sights. as a special. or do you think you will be it enough tod o that yourself ?

or i just make a special version for those who want those sights !

thx

I just installed the latest of everything from you pack Pappy but I have the following problems:

-You mentioned this target line; "C:\Program Files\Codemasters\OperationFlashpoint\FLASHPOINTBETA.EXE" -nosplash -mod=res;Y2K3

but when I want to 'apply' it says there is no flashpointbeta.exe and yeah there isnt any, so where can I get that one?

-with the llaumax pack installed ofp start's but just throws me back to windows after the initial load.

-And I still have the problem with the ECP_settings.sqs even after putting it in a @ecp folder.

For your information, I run the GOTY edition patched up to 1.96.

Ok, I re-stalled the older versions of you config.bin (5-13-04) and resource.cpp (5-17-04). They work just fine even with the llaumax addon.

But I still got the problem with; script \@ecp\ECP_settings.sqs not found.

the folder @ecp has to be created in your Operation Flashpoint Directory as another mod folder (like Y2K3) then copy and paste the 3 ECP settings files into that folder, your Y2K3 folder and your root OFP directory. . . for some reason ECP scripts cant jsut be one place and work they have to be in 2 out of 3. . and it randomly choose where to read the file from crazy_o.gif

benus: i can do it. . .ill be in bed. . but my bed is next to the computer so i can still work

and by the way use the Y2K3_EF.pbo to put the sight models and textures in then email it to me (or temp host it and PM me the link) except the new 1911 sight. . put that in the wip pbo with the colt in it. . im just gonna overwrite his

also note: if you are gonna make a new sight for the mac 10 im gonna need the config info for it since kur didnt replace the sound of the mac 10 in his. . and i cant acess the config that has the handguns in it. . i want to replace the sound in that too. . so if ur gonna do a sight for it i need the info for the config smile_o.gif

Hey Pappy ... hope all goes well with you and you can have a speedy recovery!

ALso all the work you have done is Awesome!

any Naval Pilots out there?

i know alot of you are having problems after landing a helo on the LSD or on the USS Nimizt Carrier, or a plane on the carrier, that after you "get out" your automaticly thrown into the water due to the pilot raft script sad_o.gif . . . and i applogise for that. . tonight i put in alot of work into solving the issue and im pretty sure i got it fixed smile_o.gif

i discovered the problem on the nimitz when landing the new version of the A6 on the deck. . .and when i disembarked after being caught iw as thrown into the water by the script and i was like "double you tee eff crazy_o.gif ". so i fixed the script and tested both helo and plane on both LSD (helo) and Nimitz (helo & plane). work great smile_o.gif

OFP: X-Y2K3 Beta 'Update' Release Pack 1(23.2MB)<- re-download 7/15/04

PS: the Beta Pack was getting to big to be updaing and asking you to download all the time. so i broke the pack down into 2 parts. Pack one thats 23 megs. and pack two (which is esentialy all BIS replacment addons right now) which is 12 megs. right now you just need to redownload pack 1 and install the new raft.pbo smile_o.gif

Hi, get well soon Pappy...

One quick question, when I follow the instructions on the previous page to reinstate the original BIS NV Goggles, will this also make the nv goggle view the smaller version of the elipse again, or is there anyway to keep the larger elipse view but just add the required BIS "fuzz" texture so that we can have the best of worlds with bigger nv view AND the dxdll fx?

Is there even some way to have a fullscreen nv goggle view?

Thanks,

BAM.

He Pappy, thanks for the solution. I got around the @ecp problem, but I noticed three other things:

-Everytime I start a mission it says: 'cannot open plot_provizorni.p3d'

-In the mission editor it says: 'cannot open object data3d\plot_rust_branka.p3d

-When I want to use the zsu (whichever one) I get thrown out of the game

i assume u ran a sky installer of some sort?

i had a simaler problemyesterday with a big ass model name that started with a Z. needless to say it wasnt an actual word, cuz BIS never actualy named their models they just made shit up and put the word "p3d" after it crazy_o.gif  mad_o.gif

then i started my game using Hardware T&L, which til this day i still have no effing idea what that does, and the problems were fixed, i could use the shilka again no more model errors, so i dunno what it was that caused it but try turning on hardware T&L. . .or if it already is on. . turn it off.

Hi, get well soon Pappy...

One quick question, when I follow the instructions on the previous page to reinstate the original BIS NV Goggles, will this also make the nv goggle view the smaller version of the elipse again, or is there anyway to keep the larger elipse view but just add the required BIS "fuzz" texture so that we can have the best of worlds with bigger nv view AND the dxdll fx?

Is there even some way to have a fullscreen nv goggle view?

Thanks,

BAM.

you know. . . i wonder....

anyone want to test this theroy out for me? post procesing doesnt actualy work for me so i cant really test any of that stuff just yet. . .

follow the last step of the instructions on how to change the view back to the BIS one via the config. . . and keep the INQ night vision installed (veiw textures and model). . .cuz INQ's replaces the default one. . . so perhaps it might still work by replacing the textures. . . i came to the concusion due to the fact that alot of the screenshots showing the nvg effects didnt have that "fuzz" in it

so you see what im saying?

open the editable config, change the night vision view back to teh BIS one (as stated in the instructions) then run the llumax installer (minus the water textures) and test the effects.

thankfuly the llumax installer only takes about 15 minutes. so its pretty easy to test smile_o.gif

Just tested it, didn't work sad_o.gif  It sitll behaves exactly the same as if I didn't change that line.

I shouldn't need to run Llaumex if I already have it using their goggles to begin with right?  I mean it doesn't depend on anything from Y2K3 when it generates it files correct?

Went ahead and re-ran it anyways, still no go.

BTW One possible cheap way of making the night vision work... all it does is change the glare, saturation and a few other settings to really high values that could be changed in game by the user anyways.  Someone could concievably find a way so that when the "N" (or whatever) key is hit the values are changed to those values, and then changed back when the key is hit again.