Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

so go find them. everyone else has  

I have to agree i sussed all the probs out for myself! At first i to was cursing Mr Boyington! But then i thought just a minute this is one top guy who as done all this work for free!

Quote[/b] ]Script \@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs

I have this fucker bug ...

how can I remove it please ?

Quote[/b] ]Script \@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs

I have this fucker bug ...

how can I remove it please ?

A: read post # one it has that problem listed and how to fix

B: your english may not be so good but your cussing is outstanding. would u mind cutting that out in my topic

read the first post of this topic to find out how to fix that

Sorry pappy,but calm down old friend,I'll try to speak better than...

thank you for the information it turn very well now...

I've some suggestions :

-you may give a pistol to resistance's officer

-rename law resistance by Rpg

-For the mp5 you can put a rafale with 3 bullets...

-you can replace the jeep M2

and sorry again for my english ghostface.gif

Hi,

well first I would like to thank you for your work wich give another life to flaspoint.

I have 2 bugs,

first not bloquing

bug2_y2k3.JPG

And the second one witch appears sometimes when I want to continue a mission or when i load the save game.

Sometimes it works sometimes I've this error (item may change) -> back to desktop

bugy2k3.JPG

If you know how to fix that...

I've version 5.0 dl with the auto installer

Thanks a lot, bye.

I have download y2k3 mod full version installer 5.0 and after the update v5.1 explosion body. Now when I launch ofp I receive this error message "...ofpy2k3.bin/cfgweapons.kbl_awp.". How I can resolve?

@Jam 1

Download T-55 from this link to fix first problem. Secud problem occurs propably becouse you have to many missions in your "\users\your nick" directory. Move some of them to another folder to avoid problem. Another possible reason of bug is that you have not enough place on your HDD or not enough RAM. Do fix this you have to delete some thing from HDD, 3 GB free may solve problem.

After getting most of the addons i got this mod working. The game does look much better now and i guess I was wrong about what i said about the gmr explosions earlier in the topic crazy_o.gif .

When i downloaded the cobra, usmg pack and the corvette addon the file seems corrupted. I tweaked the mod to work without them.

One suggestion: I think it would be better to use the marine assault pack weapons instead of inquisitors ones. The marine assault pack guns have custom mussle flashes and it looks better. The polygon count on inquisitors weapons is too high and might be causing some lag and they use the plain white mussle flashes.

It looks like the uaz's have some missing textures on the front (the headlights). And cant you replace all the FFAR missles with the ones on the SU25? They have a nice sound effect.

I think you should replace the weapons class names insted of making them seperate weapons because it might cause problems on some missions (eg: rearming scripts for the vulcan). crazy_o.gif

The new vulcan cannon seems to suit the the choppers instead of their 30mm cannon.

The m113 gun seems to have a smaller fov, he cant shoot targets behind him wow_o.gif

Overall I like this mod, it makes the game look so much better biggrin_o.gif

I am experiencing problems with 'out of memory' or extreme slowdowns while playing. It even slows down when nothing is happening and i'm the only one onscreen.

May it be because of too many addons in the addons folders? I run the mod by shortcut with -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;Y2K3;llauma

Am i just running too many mods? It ran fine before i installed 5.1.

My specs are P4 2.66mhz, 512 333DDR, 9800XT, SB Audigy 2.

Any help? Thanks

I am experiencing problems with 'out of memory' or extreme slowdowns while playing. It even slows down when nothing is happening and i'm the only one onscreen.

May it be because of too many addons in the addons folders? I run the mod by shortcut with -nosplash -nomap -mod=res;Y2K3;llauma

Am i just running too many mods? It ran fine before i installed 5.1.

My specs are P4 2.66mhz, 512 333DDR, 9800XT, SB Audigy 2.

Any help? Thanks

Did you tried CPU Friendly Version ? You can download it from Pappys page...

Do i really need it? My CPU seems good enough and previous versions of his mod ran great.

Thanks

Do i really need it? My CPU seems good enough and previous versions of his mod ran great.

Thanks

damn. i created this mod runnin ga 1.5 P4 on a gf2 gfx card and she runs playable on my machine rock.gif

So you dont think its that i have too many addons/mods? Perhaps a clean install might work. That is a last resort though. rock.gif

So you dont think its that i have too many addons/mods? Perhaps a clean install might work. That is a last resort though. rock.gif

too many addons could be the problem.

i mean i run 3 gigs total myself. i got a bud who told me he runs 9 gigs. but it depends on the machine i guess

the problem i am getting now is something i had before i used the nomap command in the shortcut. It is the 'out of reserved memory(459kb)' Code changed required(current limit 524288kb) error. Is this a result of wrong virtual memory allocation? Does the new config have a place to set the memory for the game?

If nothing works is there a way i can revert back to the older Y2K3 version? It worked fine for me.

I am dying to play this wonderful mod you have made pappy, thanks for your hard work in making all our games better,

I have installed the OFP year 2003 last weak and when i try to play with ANY rebel or goverment unit i get the error:

"Cannot open object bas_opfor\gsol\bas_gov1.p3d"

I downloaded the full instalation and the BAS Instaler. Can anyone help me? Sorry my poor english!! Thanx..

I have installed the OFP year 2003 last weak and when i try to play with ANY rebel or goverment unit i get the error:

I downloaded the full instalation and the BAS Instaler. Can anyone help me? Sorry my poor english!!  Thanx..

Thats OK. My friend had same problem To awoid problem download BAS TONAL TANGO MOD.

@Pappy

coud you remove BAS OFPFOR forces from BAS installer?

I downloaded the full instalation and the BAS Instaler. Can anyone help me? Sorry my poor english!!  Thanx..

Thats OK. My friend had same problem To awoid problem download BAS TONAL TANGO MOD.

@Pappy

coud you remove BAS OFPFOR forces from BAS installer?

hmm i didnt realize i left it in there

@kaseom04:

check www.ofp.info for all your BAS needs  smile_o.gif

@memory error problem:

shut down all background programs, internet explorer, MSN, trillian. any programs that would require a substantional ammount of memory should be shut down.

Hey Pappy, I'm making a couple of changes to the config for personal preferences, and was wondering how to change the field of view or weapon placement in the first person view back to the default. Could you tell me where to change these values in the config (and possibly what values to replace)? Thanks alot smile_o.gif

Hey Pappy, I'm making a couple of changes to the config for personal preferences, and was wondering how to change the field of view or weapon placement in the first person view back to the default.  Could you tell me where to change these values in the config (and possibly what values to replace)?  Thanks alot  smile_o.gif

those are animations. douns in the anim file in ur DTA folder. just remove that file and they will return to normal. thier the same for first, third, or command veiw. so there is no chaging for one without changin for all

Hey, thanks alot for the speedy reply! Will check that out

@Jam 1

Download T-55 from this link to fix first problem. Secud problem occurs propably becouse you have to many missions in your "\users\your nick" directory. Move some of them to another folder to avoid problem. Another possible reason of bug is that you have not enough place on your HDD or not enough RAM. Do fix this you have to delete some thing from HDD, 3 GB free may solve problem.

Ok thanks for the link, I'll dl it tuesday (I didn't have DSL at home sad_o.gif )

For the second pb effectively I have less than 3 GB so I'll try to make place on my DD.

Thanks, bye

I trawled back but couldn't find if anyone else was getting any error message on the intro screen about the VITAPC pack KORD.

(I have the VITAPC pack)