Sign in to follow this  
Pappy Boyington

Y2K3 - Updated Ofp Config.

Pappy there are some another bugs! smile_o.gif Maybe they dosent really matter, but they prevent game from starting if you change name ofp2k3 to config.cpp, and try to start game with it. Yes, you dont have use bin file, cpp works fine. The only problem with is pistol animation are not working, but for bug testing this is exelent. Anyway, aldredy fined reason for this, there is encrypted config.bin in o.pbo wchich is responsible for pistols. It seems that when you are using cpp version as default config, not bin, this is automaticly decrtypted. And if something is decrypted from be, the bugs are occuring.  Back to topic.

First of all: Ural have 2 times "hidden selections" declared.

Quote[/b] ]

class ural : truck

{

bla bla bla

hiddenSelections[]={"ammo","csla"};

bla bla bla

hiddenSelections[]={"ammo"};

};

Secondly, T80 have models declared twice times:

Quote[/b] ]

class T80 : RussianTank

bla bla bla

model="\SIG_T72B\SIG_T90s.p3d";

bla bla bla

model="\SIG_T80\SIG_T80BV";

bla bla bla

Next:

Quote[/b] ]

class TruckV3SG : SkodaBase

{  

bla bla bla

turnCoef=3.5;

bla bla

turnCoef=6;

bla bla

armor=40

bla bla bla bla

armor=30

};

BMPres problem fixed! biggrin_o.gif There is ";" missing after "}".

Quote[/b] ]

class BMPRes: BMP

{

access="2";

displayName="$STR_DN_OUT_BMPRes";

side=2

crew="SoldierGCrew";

hiddenSelections[]={"cislo1","cislo2","cislo3","blatnik","placht

a","brvno","znak1","

sign","csla","cccp"};

};

Finally:

Quote[/b] ]

class ReammoBoxWest : ReammoBox

{

bla bla bla

class TransportMagazines

{

bla bla bla

class _xx_INQ_M24mag

{

magazine="INQ_M24mag";

count=4;

};

bla bla

class _xx_INQ_M24mag

{

magazine="INQ_M24mag";

count=4;

};

bla bla bla

};

Thats all smile_o.gif. Aldredy fixed for myself. If you want, i may send it to you....

Edit: One more thing. Ural still have some white parts. I know that installing CSLA will solve problem, but dont you think, that downloading 300mb is little stupid, for one truck? You already use exellent Nashe Ourije Zil pack, why dont you use something from them?

Edit2: Some gramatic mistakes smile_o.gif

BMP thing your right i did miss that

the hidden selections thing OFP didnt catch it so it doesnt matter

the T80 isnt defined twice in the cpp its blocked out // as are most of the other "appers twice" problems

and i know it works in cpp format but it messes up alot  wink_o.gif as you already noticed

the ural white part is underneath the flatbed and isnt even that noticable during normal game play. and your right its not worth that huge downlaod which is why im not downloading it again jsut to fix one itty bitty texture  tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]and i know it works in cpp format but it messes up alot  wink_o.gif

Well, i only noticed this bug with pistol anims. Evrything else is ok. Main advantage of this, is that you dont have waste your time for making huhe bin for each small change. Its really good for beta-testing.

Quote[/b] ]

the ural white part is underneath the flatbed and isnt even that noticable during normal game play. and your right its not worth that huge downlaod which is why im not downloading it again jsut to fix one itty bitty texture  tounge_o.gif

But why dont using zil trucks? They look much better than Ural, and, they are more common in russian army than Ural after all.

Quote[/b] ]

But why dont using zil trucks? They look much better than Ural, and, they are more common in russian army than Ural after all.

because the resistance and civilians are using the zil trucks. if i give it to the russians too. then you will have blowin up have your reserve army before you realize that they have the same trucks. for the same reason russian and resistances tanks are different.

West - 5t

Russ - Ural

Resis - Zil

Civil - Zil

Quote[/b] ]

because the resistance and civilians are using the zil trucks. if i give it to the russians too. then you will have blowin up have your reserve army before you realize that they have the same trucks. for the same reason russian and resistances tanks are different.

West - 5t

Russ - Ural

Resis - Zil

Civil - Zil

Well you are right, but dont you think that Russian trucks are used more often than Civs and Res ones? Zils trucks are definitly better than CSLA ones. If something is good, why use it rarely? And they are russian cars after all...

I proposoe:

Zil131 (tent) - default russian truck

Zil 131 (white tent) - russian ammo truck

Zil 130 (repair) - russian repair truck

Zil 130(fuel) - russian fuel truck ?

Becouse of using CSLA already:

CSLA Tatra (smaller one) - res default truck

CSLa Tatra( ammo version) - res ammo truck

CSLA PSV5 - default Civ Truck

BTW i managed to give ZILs random plates. You have to add:

Quote[/b] ]

class EventHandlers

{

init = "[_this select 0,1] exec ""\OWP_ZIL_Scripts\RandomN.sqs""";

};

hiddenselections[]={"n_p_1","n_p_2","n_p_3","n_p_4","n_p_a"

,"n_p_b","n_p_c"};

If you add this to ZIL config you will have working random plates.

i hate to sound rude here. but this is exactly why i included an editable CPP file.  for you to customize your game to your want. if you want to use the fire truck as the default russian truck. then knock yourself out.

but my config. the public release config. uses the zil truck as res and civi and the russian uses the csla ural.

so our config has the trucks the way we wantem and you can customize yours the way you want it.

and incase you missed the post.

the final version is out. which means im not touchin any more changes for this for at least 2 months.  i do have other things irl that i need to get done. version 5.0 is out is final has its own installer. have fun

edit: i already FUBARed my sleeping schedual with this mod. goin to bed at 6am instead of 4. from workin on this thing night and day. i havnt been to bed now in goin on 53 hours. so mabe when things return to normal ill be open to more suggestions again. but until then its final version

Well, sleep well biggrin_o.gif Hey, i have new outstanding idea, you HAVE to do add it to your config!!!/ joke  smile_o.gif

Well, sleep well biggrin_o.gif Hey, i have new outstanding idea, you HAVE to do add it to your config!!!/ joke  smile_o.gif

Kuba check my Forum Profile, see my pic? you are absolutly sure you want to make that suggestion now? wink_o.giftounge_o.gif

I got a little request, not nessesarily for Pappy, but for any of you boys who might be able to help me.

Here's the deal.

Everything on the config is gravy, smooth, salty, tasty sauce, with the exception of two things:

The Pavehawk replacing the armed Blackhawk, and the texture on the Cobra.

Now, the Pavehawk issue i prefer to overlook, as alltough it messes the experience quite a bit, at least the model and textures are lovely.

The Cobra texture however, is just "horrendous".

Everytime i look at it, i almost loose my lunch.

Not the backdrop itself, mind you, thats quite good, its the sharkmouth that is getting under my skin, its just plain silly, to say it in a pleasent way.

Then again, this is an opinion, and we all know what opinions are like. biggrin_o.gif

So now comes the config and cpp and whatnot into play.

thats all fine and dandy, with the exception of the detail that i know abso nuttin' about it. tounge_o.gif

So what i would need is for someone to tell me what should be done in order to change the texture on the Cobra, with the BOH original texture, wich should be inside the full mod allready.

With that information, i might be able to take it from there, or ask one of our boys on CWOS to see if they know what to do.

TIA for the help boys. smile_o.gif

I've been looking at the use of the M47 dragon for the AT soldiers and that works, not sure if you have found this. TRy using the M47 Dragon instead of the old Carl Gustav.

I've been looking at the use of the M47 dragon for the AT soldiers and that works, not sure if you have found this. TRy using the M47 Dragon instead of the old Carl Gustav.

Agree with it, tested myself but i suggest not proposing anything until Pappy have some sleep biggrin_o.gif  He deserve it smile_o.gif

@Resev

You have to open y2k3.cpp find and fine line "class Cobra : Helicopter" there shoud be somethig like that

Quote[/b] ]

class Cobra : Helicopter

{

picture="icobra";

crew = "SoldierWPilot";

ple ple ple

model="something";

ple ple

};

Change "something" to "\BOHJSDF3\ah1s_sp\BOHah1_s" (dont forget about quotes).  After that use cpp to bin to pack y2k3.cpp to y2k3.bin. Change name to config.bin and place it instead of Pappys config.bin. If you dont understand something - ask. Pappy i suggest adding some tutorial how to personalize your config, becouse peaple will propably flame you with questions smile_o.gif

delete me, im canadian and stupid

I'm quite a beginner at customizing the cpp files - bin, but i was wondering is there anyway to change the effects used (GMR/ECP ones for expample) to the other ones used in another Effects pack (Vitja300s explosion pack)?

Thx Kuba, sounds pretty simple, just the way i like it. tounge_o.gif

Cheers.

Thanks Pappy!  Great mod!  

I'm new to your mod, and just downloaded your full 5.0 package.  I got two small errors which seem to be easily corrected, and here's what I did in case this might be useful:

Error 1: "RHS_T55Pack requires addon RHS_T55WModels"

Solution to 1: Download RHS_T55Pack_v1.00.rar from Red Hammer Studios  here.  Don't use the version from http://ofp.gamezone.cz/ (ref: <http://ofp.gamezone.cz/index.php?showthis=5630>) ... unfortunately that version is corrupt and missing files at the end of the archive (about 3M's worth).  Using the RHS file, add SIG_T55w.pbo and SIG_T55wreck.pbo to the ...\Y2K3\Addons folder.

Error 2:  "Script \@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs not found"

Solution to 2: Loaded snYpir's ECP (Enhanced Configuration Project) found at http://www.ofpec.com/editors/ecfg/.  I loaded the "ECP Core" and optional plug-ins "Dynamic Range (DR) Sound" and "INQ WeaponPack".

Seems to work great now!  Please let me know if you'd recommend anything else!

The Cobra texture however, is just "horrendous".

Everytime i look at it, i almost loose my lunch.

Not the backdrop itself, mind you, thats quite good, its the sharkmouth that is getting under my skin, its just plain silly,

H1MARK.JPG

AH1W Gulf War I

FANG1.JPEG

AH1W Super Cobra.  in her hanger

and the AH1G's of veitnam were commonly painted with shark teeth, but i know this isnt veitnam era. just stating that the AH1 + shark teeth = common  smile_o.gif

sorry i just felt i should state my reasoning for using the shark teeth smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]with the BOH original texture, wich should be inside the full mod allready.
thier shark teeth design was uglier thats why i stoped using it. therefore it is NOT in the full mod

Quote[/b] ]Error 2: "Script \@ECP\ECP_Settings.sqs not found"

the way to correct this is to create a new mod folder (no need to link it in the shortcut) and move the ECP_Settings.sqs into it

Pappy i suggest adding some tutorial how to personalize your config, becouse peaple will propably flame you with questions smile_o.gif

they wont flame me with questions, ill just have them killed smile_o.gif

lol i joke.

took your suggestion and added a tut on my site "Customizing your OFP Experiance"

the first step is the easier of the 2. and i would reccomend that to everyone who wants to make a change

second step is for advanced users only. so please if you are not familier with modding do NOT use that second part. its for importing vehicals with scripts and animations retained such as the BAS helos.

this tut is ofered WITHOUT SUPPORT of me. i have suggested that you try the addon and mod forum to post your config questions there.

moving right along to the important information:

My Config is ofered in a CPP or editable format for personalized customization.

This means you may release it to ONLY the following:

*Clanmates and potentional clan members

*Freinds

*Family

*Personal Use

when releasing it to the listed please state "Y2K3 Config by Pappy Boyington, Modified by Yourname"

if you would like to submit your own version with say the effectpack explosions instead of GMR or whatever. please PM me and discuss it with me, i will then ofer your changed config on my site if i feel your change warrents it to be different enough, i will credit you in the config editing credits page and issue a public credit note in the forum.

at this time i am open to only the following changed version submissions:

*Jam compatable (accepts normal default and jam issued magazines, but soliders are issued the normal mags as default)

*Effect pack explosions inplace of GMR and ECP, Tied in with ECP, tied in with GMR, Tied in with both.

Requirements:

*must be fully tested

*must use only the addons included in the full mod and/or BAS

*both bin and cpp formats

Thank you and Enjoy the mod smile_o.gif

5.1 is it. only released it due to some minor bug fixes as well as making the carl gustave an M47 dragon (replaced the actualy weapon model too)

and dont remind me its not in service. . the jav isnt AI compatable so yea crazy_o.gif

anyway its up. . just get the config of your choice the mod is still 5.0 and will remain like that. thank you and have a nice day

Note: NO MORE CHANGES FOR MANY MANY MOONS FROM NOW

Maybe someone can help me.  I'm trying to change the engine sound of the Hmmwv, which I feel sounds like a toy car.  What is the config entry or default motor sound that I can alter or replace?  I know how to break down the sound.pbo, but I can't seem to find anything that sounds even remotely like the Hmmwv engine.  Nor can I locate the config entry.

Maybe someone can help me.  I'm trying to change the engine sound of the Hmmwv, which I feel sounds like a toy car.  What is the config entry or default motor sound that I can alter or replace?  I know how to break down the sound.pbo, but I can't seem to find anything that sounds even remotely like the Hmmwv engine.  Nor can I locate the config entry.

You mean this ? biggrin_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

class HMMWV : Jeep

ble ble ble

soundEngine[]={\humr\HMMWVengine,db-25,1.25};

ble ble ble

You have to unpack "humr.pbo". It is in your default res directory smile_o.gif

Thanks

But isn't the config for it binarized?  How do you get past that?

No, it isnt. At least in my version. There are 2 files "config.bin" and "config.cpp". If there is an "cpp" file game automaticilly ignores "bin" i think. Just in case i am Quoting my humr cpp:

Quote[/b] ]

// some basic defines

#define TEast 0

#define TWest 1

#define TGuerrila 2

#define TCivilian 3

#define TSideUnknown 4

#define TEnemy 5

#define TFriendly 6

#define TLogic 7

#define true 1

#define false 0

// type scope

#define private 0

#define protected 1

#define public 2

class CfgPatches

{

class HMMWV

{

units[] = {HMMWV};

weapons[] = {};

requiredVersion = 1.01;

};

};

class CfgVehicles

{

class All {};

class AllVehicles: All {};

class Land: AllVehicles {};

class LandVehicle: Land {};

class Car: LandVehicle {};

class Jeep : Car {};

class HMMWV: Jeep

{

displayName= $STR_DN_HMMV;

model=\humr\HMMWV.p3d;

picture=\humr\ihmmwv.paa;

armor = 80;

type=VArmor;

cost=100000;

dammageHalf[]=

{

jeep4x4_glass.paa,jeep4x4_glassB.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo1.paa,jeep_kab_sklo1B.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo2.paa,jeep_kab_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo.paa,scud_skloB.paa,

scud_sklo2.paa,scud_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo3.paa,scud_sklo3B.paa,

scud_sklo4.paa,scud_sklo4B.paa

};

dammageFull[]=

{

jeep4x4_glass.paa,jeep4x4_glassB.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo1.paa,jeep_kab_sklo1B.paa,

jeep_kab_sklo2.paa,jeep_kab_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo.paa,scud_skloB.paa,

scud_sklo2.paa,scud_sklo2B.paa,

scud_sklo3.paa,scud_sklo3B.paa,

scud_sklo4.paa,scud_sklo4B.paa

};

armorGlass=0.5;

armorWheels=0.1;

soundEngine[]={\humr\HMMWVengine,db-25,1.25};

typicalCargo[]={Soldier, Soldier, SoldierLAW, Officer};

};

};

Is there a way to open a config.bin?

link biggrin_o.gif

Sometimes when you unpack config.bin you will get some orrers, like number 42162346 istead of -360, but there is no other choice smile_o.gif