Sign in to follow this  
Taconic

EECP - Enhanced ECP

Hi - does the current version of EECP (on 1st page) work with the latest ECP? I installed EECP but haven't noticed much/any difference, any screenshots to show how I can tell if its working?

Hi Murmur2k,

Quote[/b] ]does the current version of EECP (on 1st page) work with the latest ECP?

No friend - it doesn't work with the latest ECP. You'll have to wait for Kurayami to release his next EECP.

The version you have downloaded is built on ECP1.071. The latest ECP is ECP1.085.

Don't worry, the wait will be worth it wink_o.gif

Cheers,

CH

Thanks for clearing that up Cornhelium - was sure it didn't look any different to normal!

I have just come back to OFP after years out and all these addons are great but its a bit annoying having to manually download loads of specific addons to get another addon to work. Would be cool if we could make a content providing service with a software front end that automatically downloads and installs required addons when an addon like EECP is installed.

You must finish this soon so I can play this instead of clunky, laggy, overdone FFUR and it's CTD's of aggrivation. Blowing appart jeeps is pretty cool- even though they explode like a nuclear bomb... and it sound effects are amazing... but I do enjoy being able to play a game for longer than 5 or 6 minutes before crashing to desktop.

I tried FFUR but didn't like it much - for example the crosshair and it just didn't feel right. I love all of the gameplay features that ECP offers so need some models to add to it.

The sounds of ECP are pretty lacking and FFUR has some neat additions- like I really like their tracers and the way coaxial machineguns and mounted cannons smoke when you sustain fire. I also like the ai and how the game feels in many ways- but all the particle effects and stuff are way too much.. and ECP is much more atmospheric. If ECP really focussed on improving the sound and the realism of its weapons, ie. taking the burst fire mode out of the ak74, I would be sold. This is the sort of thing I'm hoping from EECP. I'm hoping that the 3rd party units will have a more realistic features..

things like the the cannon on the cobra is not 30mm... and should not look or sound or behave like the 30mm chaingun on the chin of the apache... etc ad nauseum.

FDF was really good in these regards.

How is the latest release of EECP coming?

Pretty much the same. Not much left to do.

The sounds of ECP are pretty lacking
Try Dynamic Range.
Quote[/b] ]like I really like their tracers
I'm pretty sure FFUR uses bn880's tracers. I have the same, but their current implementation in EECP is... problematic. If I can't get it sorted out in a timely manner, they won't be in this release.
Quote[/b] ]and the way coaxial machineguns and mounted cannons smoke when you sustain fire.
All weapons do this with ECP. The higher the RoF, the more visible the smoke.
Quote[/b] ] sound and the realism of its weapons, ie. taking the burst fire mode out of the ak74, I would be sold. This is the sort of thing I'm hoping from EECP. I'm hoping that the 3rd party units will have a more realistic features..

things like the the cannon on the cobra is not 30mm... and should not look or sound or behave like the 30mm chaingun on the chin of the apache... etc ad nauseum.

I did that a whole lot more already. I started making realism changes around EECP 0.2... And that was probably about a year and a half ago.

OFP presents a lot of problems with realism. Armor values are a big one... CAVS looks to solve this and it does about as good a job as anything can, but it'd be a whole lot easier if BIS would give us more to work with in regards to configuring weapons and armor.

Rate of fire is another big problem for OFP. Once you get a weapon firing around ~1,000RPM, OFP starts to choke. The only way that you can get high rates of fire in OFP is to "fake" it through multipliers. For example, I have the Shilka's AZP-23s firing at 3,400RPM as far as ammo is concerned, but the actual number of rounds they're putting up into the air is closer to 700RPM.

Sadly, that's the only way that things like that can be done in OFP. Hopefully AA will be better in this respect.

Quote[/b] ]The sounds of ECP are pretty lacking

Try Dynamic Range.

Be that as it may, they chose DR and therefore they are responsible for the sounds they chose. Some of the sounds aren't that bad, but the mixing is atrocious. The number of events and other such things that DR adds to ofp are great, though.

Quote[/b] ]like I really like their tracers

I'm pretty sure FFUR uses bn880's tracers. I have the same, but their current implementation in EECP is... problematic. If I can't get it sorted out in a timely manner, they won't be in this release.

I think they use different tracer scripts for different kinds of projectiles. They said something about that in their forum.

Quote[/b] ]and the way coaxial machineguns and mounted cannons smoke when you sustain fire.

All weapons do this with ECP. The higher the RoF, the more visible the smoke.

Never noticed it. It must be one of those sublime touches.

Quote[/b] ] sound and the realism of its weapons, ie. taking the burst fire mode out of the ak74, I would be sold. This is the sort of thing I'm hoping from EECP. I'm hoping that the 3rd party units will have a more realistic features..

I did that a whole lot more already. I started making realism changes around EECP 0.2... And that was probably about a year and a half ago.

Sweet! I hope to see them soon. I'm lazy and I don't want to downgrade ECP to try out EECP yet. I didn't learn of ECP until 1.085, and I only downloaded it because of EECP. I'm one of those guys that was scratching his head trying to get EECP to work with the latest ECP.

Quote[/b] ]

OFP presents a lot of problems with realism. Armor values are a big one... CAVS looks to solve this and it does about as good a job as anything can, but it'd be a whole lot easier if BIS would give us more to work with in regards to configuring weapons and armor.

I hear you. I don't really think you'd want a game with tanks that have realistic armour values and stuff anyways. Even if you penetrate the armour, you'd have to hit somethign vital (like a crew member or a hydraulic pump). With something like a LAW or an rpg7, that's sort of unlikely. The only thing that could kill a tank in the hands of infantry would be a tow or dragon or a (russian) at-4 or something... and those things would likely kill any tank in a single hit.... those things are not really man-portable.. which is another point of unrealism.

Quote[/b] ]

Rate of fire is another big problem for OFP. Once you get a weapon firing around ~1,000RPM, OFP starts to choke. The only way that you can get high rates of fire in OFP is to "fake" it through multipliers. For example, I have the Shilka's AZP-23s firing at 3,400RPM as far as ammo is concerned, but the actual number of rounds they're putting up into the air is closer to 700RPM.

Yeah, that sucks. I noticed that early on, ergo the need for 'burst hit' sounds.

Quote[/b] ]

Sadly, that's the only way that things like that can be done in OFP. Hopefully AA will be better in this respect.

Here here!

OT: By the way, if you want any information on firearms, I have a book that provides the accuracies of many different kinds of rifles in NATO mils and MoA, and assessments regarding what a trained shooter would be likely to accomplish with the weapon given its site radius, etc. I didn't mention this to the FFUR guys because they're not really *that* interested in realism, so they say. If you're interested I can share.

Are the tracers in FFUR more realistic then? I don't know much about tracers but I didn't like them - they looked to me like balls flying through the air. Personaly prefer ECP's current tracers.

Dunno.. I've only seen them on film. In IR they look like they do with the FFUR script. With film cameras they look like a bolt like in ofp. They look like a bolt because the film's chemicals aren't fast enough to capture the bullet itself. I'd imagine they look like great flying globes in IR because they radiate a lot of heat (like looking into a bright light). I just like it when they bounce (as they do in life) smile_o.gif

OT: By the way, if you want any information on firearms, I have a book that provides the accuracies of many different kinds of rifles in NATO mils and MoA, and assessments regarding what a trained shooter would be likely to accomplish with the weapon given its site radius, etc. I didn't mention this to the FFUR guys because they're not really *that* interested in realism, so they say. If you're interested I can share.

Sure, you can PM me any info you'd like. I may be able to use some of it (probably not in this release, though.)

yeah, no doubt. We don't want anything else gumming up the works. We want you to release it, already wink_o.gif

I need help getting E ECP to run properly.

Regular ECP runs fine until after I install Enhanced's files. After it's installed and I try starting it up via the ECP .exe my screen goes completely black, and stops there. When I "alt+Tab" I see that there are TWO "Operation Flashpoint" tabs waiting for me, instead of the usual one. I also receive an error message that says the following:

Picture\eco_effects\images\ecplogo1.paa not found

The only viable option after this error occurs is to right-click the Operation Flashpoint tabs and select "Close."

It might be important to note that when I check the @ECP/bin folder that there is NO config.bin file, so I simply backup ECP's config.cpp file and then replace it with the config.bin file supplied via the Enhanced mod.

What's strange is that when I go back after getting the "black screen & error message" event, and check the @ECP/bin folder, the Enhanced's config.bin file is gone, and is instead replaced by a new config.cpp file. Is this typical behavior, or...?

Any advice on fixing this problem would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you,

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Correct me if I'm mistaken, but after spending a LONG time combing through the many pages of this thread, I believe that I've identified my problem. Is it directly related to the following quote?

Quote (deathsai @ July 29 2005,11:10)

I didn't replace ECP config.bin with EECP config.bin because ECP didn't install a config.bin, just a config.cpp.

Well, that's you're problem. tounge2.gif

It sounds like you're combining ECP 1.071 and ECP 1.085. You'll need to use ECP 1.071 in order for EECP 0.44 to work correctly.

A new EECP that uses ECP 1.085 will be available shortly.

Please let me know ASAP. Thank you!

Kyle

smile_o.gif

Patrioten,

After uninstalling ECP 1.085, installing ECP 1.071, and then reinstalling the current build of Enhanced ECP, I was finally able to get the game to launch with the mod running, although for several minutes I didn't think it was going to work out due to the fact that the screen went black for so long. Eventually though the OFP's opening videos started up (hopefully the next release of Enhanced will start up the mod while skipping the default opening videos), and I was able to start playing.

I don't know if it was just me or not, but the AI sure didn't seem as smart as the ones I encounterd in ECP 1.085, although the enemy troops are far tougher (it used to take several shots from a suppressed MP5 to drop them, now it takes 3-4 rounds from a unsupppressed M4 to take them out, so I'm assuming the Russians are now wearing armor). I also miss the troops calling out/talking more actively, as can be found in ECP 1.085.

The use of the new models are deeply appreciated, although it'd be nice if leaning animations were enabled. Any idea when the next release of EECP will be, a versions that's compatible with the latest build of ECP?

Kyle

smile_o.gif

I've been looking forward to this thing for quite some time.. much more than FFUR, actually. I find FFUR sort of cheesy. He's been working on it for a while now, and apparently adapting EECP for this new version of ECP was a lot more work than he expected. He says he's getting through it but that he's getting burnt out of working on it every day for months. Personally, I admire the drive. I have a project going, myself, but I hardly work on it every night for hours.

On august 28th, Kurayami said that he was starting the final build before the release. So, I would say soon-ish.

Quote[/b] ]I find FFUR sort of cheesy

Hmm... well... here we've done the same work about models... and even more , do ya have any idea about the necessary time to clean all .pbo in the goal to keep only usefull textures and p3d and to carry out this job for 5 different packs ? do ya have any idea about how many hours spent on incorporating models, testing'em in game , fixing and re-testing again, avoiding conflicts between "extra cargo anims" and BIS ones... searching and finding informations about each vehicle in the gaol to add the right ammunitions and the right weapons to vehicles and by respecting the year and the version of the wanted vehicle...?

Even if our values aren't so realistic than CAVS ones... they are more realistic than BIS ones,though...

12 hours a day since one months working daily on the surprise pack ...(here we did replace faces , names (more than 150 names for each side) just check the class under class GroupColors to get a small idea...; models too , enhanced the sounds , made a new GUI, and a bunch of other stuff that you'll discover yourself once released...

We're only 2 here working daily on "OFP stuff" . (me and Benus) though, helped by a small proud team for other extra stuff like (installers, website..etc)

I respect a lot my competitors (EECP, Y2K3...etc) , but please , avoid kinda comments cuz they may be a bit "harsh" toward us...

Thx

Thunderbird84

calm down man, its kool... he only said FFur was chessy becuase he is a moron. confused_o.gif

TB, I think you are doing aswome on your mod, just one thing... release soon before Armed Assult comes out ty.

Ok by the way EECP... i would also like to see a release before armed assult. Once u have released it, ill try it out.

But to tell ya, i think FFur might just win on "more stuff"

But i think u guys win on the effects. Well, maybe. whistle.gif

Hey there everyone.

I havn't been checking the forum for ages, because my

computer has been fixed, and I'm too lazy to read all replies.

Could anyone sum it up for me? Anything interesting?

Anyways, yes, I think the effects are a little out of hand and I think that the talking and other such bells and whistles are poorly implimented.. it's nothing I haven't said before.

I don't think that you should take it to heart, though. I do respect your mod and what you are doing, especially in terms of the weapon sounds and the AI. I have not heard better main assault rifle sounds anywhere, bar none. DR sounds weak and amateur in comparison- and the range at which you can hear stuff going on is excellent.

The fact of the matter is that my last post is waaay off topic, seeing as I thought that I was posting in the EECP forum. My critiques asside, don't think that I don't appreciate what you're doing. I'm learning a lot about about what to do for my own project, which, mind you, has nothing to do with OFP.

edit: I think I should put my use of language into perspective, here. Cheesy = over the top. Over the Top like, say, Sam Raimi movies. I didn't mean it was crap. I play it often- more often than ECP. I'm just *REALLY* looking forward to EECP.

edit: I was tired when I wrote the above... and I thought that I was in the FFUR forum. Now I'm even more tired but at least I figured it out smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]

calm down man, its kool... he only said FFur was chessy becuase he is a moron

Lol, get your head together, fanboy. I am allowed to have my own opinion and this has nothing to do with my intelligence.

Tbird is a cool guy, I don't think he needs you to tuck him in at night or kiss his booboos. I understand that I came off a little like a jerk there, but I don't think that the answer lies in a flame war. Do you?

Quote[/b] ]I find FFUR sort of cheesy

Hmm... well... here we've done the same work about models... and even more , do ya have any idea about the necessary time to clean all .pbo in the goal to keep only usefull textures and p3d and to carry out this job for 5 different packs ? do ya have any idea about how many hours spent on incorporating models, testing'em in game , fixing and re-testing again, avoiding conflicts between "extra cargo anims" and BIS ones... searching and finding informations about each vehicle in the gaol to add the right ammunitions and the right weapons to vehicles and by respecting the year and the version of the wanted vehicle...?

Even if our values aren't so realistic than CAVS ones... they are more realistic than BIS ones,though...

12 hours a day since one months working daily on the surprise pack ...(here we did replace faces , names (more than 150 names for each side) just check the class under class GroupColors to get a small idea...; models too , enhanced the sounds , made a new GUI, and a bunch of other stuff that you'll discover yourself once released...

We're only 2 here working daily on "OFP stuff" . (me and Benus) though, helped by a small proud team for other extra stuff like (installers, website..etc)

I respect a lot my competitors (EECP, Y2K3...etc) , but please , avoid kinda comments cuz they may be a bit "harsh" toward us...

Thx

Thunderbird84

I have one thing to say, FFUR Rocks.

I was a complete noob to OFP Addons until a few weeks ago. i left OFP a long time ago when the last patch was released and i just discovered the work done by the online community. And i must say i was impressed by all the quality work implemented in FFUR.

I tested lots of mods last week (ECP, EECP, wgl,.....) and i am sticking with FFUR, it is imo the best mod, the complete package.

Thanks for your dedication and, plz, Keep up the good work.

hey ive was watching this thread a while ago waiting fo rht enext release but that was a while ago and ive probaly missed a ton of stuff so i got a few questions

1) when is the ETA around

2) does this include the AI speaking ? like ECP im guessing it does since its just ECP but with a replacement mod too

3) anything special wich i may of missed out on oh and wil it be a full installer or will i have to download all the different addons ?

cheers cant wait