Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! discussion thread

im guessing the m2 ontop aint fireable sad_o.gif

but that does look cool smile_o.gif

Nope. Can't wait for OFP2 though.

HOLY CRAP! It looks great!

You may know this already, but Nam Pack 2 included a functional M551 config, including all 152mm main gun rounds (but not the missile IIRC). But I would very much like to urge you to include the beehive round if you don't already plan to. It's a great infantry support tool. smile_o.gif

Didnt know the Sheridan was used in the Gulf war rock.gif  Anyway looks good and looking forward to all ur addons smile_o.gif

The M551 Sheridan was used by Army Airborne divisions up until 1994. I also read a story that the 5 XM8 AGS' built were also sent to Iraq for the 82nd to use since they no longer had their Sheridans. Maybe they will reactivate that project.

Didnt know the Sheridan was used in the Gulf war rock.gif  Anyway looks good and looking forward to all ur addons smile_o.gif

Afaik, it wasn't. Back in the early nineties, the last remaining of these were used to simulate OPFOR during large exercises.

Afaik, it wasn't. Back in the early nineties, the last remaining of these were used to simulate OPFOR during large exercises.

Here is a pic of a 82nd Sheridan in Desert Storm

m-551-dvic348.jpg

The M551 saw service in the first Gulf War and in Panama in 1989. It was pulled out of the 82nd Airborne in 1994. It was due to be replaced by the M-8 Buford Armored Gun System, but that project was cancelled in 1996 due to the financial constraints placed upon the Army by the Bosnia mission. The 82nd Airborne no longer has any armor and won't for the forseeable future (unless they start using the Stryker MGS, which I doubt will happen).

As continuing the discussion of the possibility of the M-8 series of vehicles...

losat.jpg

The LOSAT on the M-8 chassis

thunderbolt02tn.jpg

And there's also a version now with a 120mm main gun. The "Thunderbolt". smile_o.gif

m8agsscoutinteriorifhybridelectrictn.jpg

And with a hybrid engine, you could fit a 4-man fireteam in back. smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]The M8 AGS has a ramp door in the rear that lowers for the Engine/Transmission power train to be rolled out for easy maintenance. With the conversion to Hybrid Electric Drive and the flexibility of positioning drive train and suspension components, significant space is freed up in the existing propulsion system compartment for increased stowage and mission payload.

One such configuration could include a crew compartment for a 4-Soldier fire team akin to the IDF's Merkava heavy tank. With the Hybrid Electric Drive’s flexibility, a better center of gravity and space utilization is realized. Weight reduction and related mission equipment stowage improvements are also gained. With such a propulsion and power management system, Soldiers will have a long range, extremely fast, and silent killer, with a reduced logistics tail.

Heres a little teaser of my progress on M113 pack.

Pablo

m113a2_3.sized.jpg

m113a3_6_8_04.sized.jpg

Very nice, Pablo!

Can't hardly wait to get this vehicles into my fingers!

Looks great!

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Gosh!

These pics are awesome!

Can't wait to release. biggrin_o.gif

Anyhoo keep up ya good work!

Any news about the "status of progress"? ... Yes, i know ... sorry for asking  wink_o.gif

But this vehicles are sooooo wonderful! I need them smile_o.gif

MEDICUS

I have a question. Your script for TOW is great, so would you think about "cut down" one (folding launcher part) for use with other IFV's? I bet not only Bradley has to stop to fire ATGM smile_o.gif

I have a question. Your script for TOW is great, so would you think about "cut down" one (folding launcher part) for use with other IFV's? I bet not only Bradley has to stop to fire ATGM smile_o.gif

there is..

and we really would like if there was the same for m2a2, bmp and stuff.. mostly for those mp games, more fair if its like that.

9056.jpg

Those screenies of the M113s are just makin my mouth water..But on a slightly serious note how many varients do we actually need.what i mean by that is: How often will people use the Command varient and others like it ?.I suppose people just like loads of differant versions.But this isn't a complaint.I havnt stopped using the Bradley pack since i downloaded it, and what a pack biggrin_o.gif.

Finally some perfect M113's!

Amazing to see how many addons have been made and one of the most usefull apc's has not... until NOW!

Great work Paplo!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Those screenies of the M113s are just makin my mouth water..But on a slightly serious note how many varients do we actually need.what i mean by that is: How often will people use the Command varient and others like it ?.I suppose people just like loads of differant versions.But this isn't a complaint.I havnt stopped using the Bradley pack since i downloaded it, and what a pack biggrin_o.gif.

If you're making realistic missions, the more variants the better. The BIS M113 just doesn't cut it anymore.

Quote[/b] ]If you're making realistic missions, the more variants the better. The BIS M113 just doesn't cut it anymore.

Your not kidding.The old Bis M113 is an absolute joke compared to these beauties.. biggrin_o.gif

Any news about the "status of progress"? ... Yes, i know ... sorry for asking  wink_o.gif

But this vehicles are sooooo wonderful! I need them smile_o.gif

MEDICUS

They are in Beta right now and only have a few things left on the internal LODS.

@Grizzlie: It's actually a simple script. We have a few more issues to whack in MP, but it should be usable on other simular addons.

Rude dog mate nice work.....

Its pablo you should be thankin.Although Rudedog will of no doubt helped a great deal.. biggrin_o.gif

Rude dog mate nice work.....

Its pablo you should be should be thankin.Although Rudedog will of no doubt helped a great deal.. biggrin_o.gif

Correct, this is my brother Pablo's work.  I'm just doing the scripts and config for the M113's. Only thing on these that are mine are the wheels. For consistency sake.