Sign in to follow this  
Rudedog

Combat! discussion thread

should'nt we w8 for a more "productive" member of the team to say something before we jump to conclusions smile_o.gif

remeber there is a thing called Real life people...... Im sure they are still going so nothing to be worried about...

but i have herd things about non-OFP related editing happening

Got a question about the Combat scripts...

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">1) Main scripts disablement:

If you want to use all COMBAT! addons without scripts, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoScripts = true"

If you want to use M113's without scripts, write on a global place:

- "CBT_M113a_NoScripts = true"

If you want to use APCs with Raedor's Cargo scripts, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoCargo = false"

To play the APCs without smoke and light effects, write in a global place:

- "CBT_NoSmoke = true"

To reduce smoke effects in all CBT addons, write this line in global place:

- "CBT_LowSmoke = true"

Where's the proper place to put these? I tried the init field, I tried the init.sqs......I want to shut off the smoke, but there's no effect when following those instructions.

What gives rock.gif

Are you sure your not running ECP, FFX, or similar? Other than that... I'd be out of ideas.

Okay, let me narrow the question a bit:

I want to shut the smoke from the weapons off. "CBT_NoScripts = true" shuts off the secondary explosions and fire, but not the weapons smoke, and it there's still a rediculous amount of smoke from the destroyed vehicle. "CBT_NoSmoke = true" shuts off the secondary explosions and fire as well.

Both of these commands in the init field (one at a time, of course) will also make the driver turn out and stay turned out until I set his combat mode to "combat."

So is there a way to shut the smoke from the weapons fire off?

Okay, let me narrow the question a bit:

I want to shut the smoke from the weapons off.  "CBT_NoScripts = true" shuts off the secondary explosions and fire, but not the weapons smoke, and it there's still a rediculous amount of smoke from the destroyed vehicle.  "CBT_NoSmoke = true" shuts off the secondary explosions and fire as well.

Both of these commands in the init field (one at a time, of course) will also make the driver turn out and stay turned out until I set his combat mode to "combat."

So is there a way to shut the smoke from the weapons fire off?

No, sorry, there is no way to turn weapons smoke off.  We only provided variables for destroyed vehicle fire and smoke. Weapon smoke is hardcoded into the config.

oh, dang. i was trying someone else's sig to the site but it didnt work so i assumed that the site was down... thanks! smile_o.gif

Rudedog

Can you make a HEMMT Ammo Truck ?

I really need one for my TOC/FARP. The 5t Ammo Truck is OK but the TOC/FARP is carrried by the Covered HEMMT and an HEMMT Ammo Carrier would be great! Espically one that has all the CBT Ammo already config'ed and the stinger pods for the LineBacker.

Have used these since you first introduced them. Great work!

Combat is now working on VBS1 on the US Army pack, I believe smile_o.gif

band.gif sad realy for us OFP players sad_o.gif

STGN

Combat is now working on VBS1 on the US Army pack, I believe smile_o.gif

band.gif sad realy for us OFP players sad_o.gif

STGN

Hopefully COMBAT! may come back to OFP after they finish their VBS stuff

Hopefully COMBAT! may come back to OFP after they finish their VBS stuff

What and work for free  rofl.gif. The MLRS on the very first page of this thread was destined for OFP users but the lure of VBS1 money meant it was used in VBS1 artillery module, and that module is pretty bloody expensive even by VBS standards. So i can't see them creating anything for OFP users that VBS1 users have to pay for. But i've got VBS1 so i wont miss out on there sweet creations  tounge2.gif

edit: I don't have the arty module by the way, do you think i'm made of money sad_o.gif

im guessing the vbs artillery is what became of coc 1.1 artillery sad_o.gif. You cant really blame people going to work for bia on vbs. if anyone should take the blame for addons never being released to the public it is bia why hire professionals when you can hire amateurs to work for you and you can pay them less, comence ofp mod cherry picking sad_o.gif

im guessing the vbs artillery is what became of coc 1.1 artillery sad_o.gif. You cant really blame people going to work for bia on vbs. if anyone should take the blame for addons never being released to the public it is bia why hire professionals when you can hire amateurs to work for you and you can pay them less, comence ofp mod cherry picking sad_o.gif

Why should BIA only have a small # of professionals??? Hell I think it is great that BIA is recognizing the talent of the mod community and paying them, remember this started out as a hobby for the modders, and they did it for free. GOOD ON YOU ALL for making some money on your awesome talents. My utilizing the very talented members of the community it just means that there may be a wider variety of units and of high quality in future games, and may speed up the development. GREAT WORK COMBAT!!!! notworthy.gif

mate i wasnt blame combat or any other mod if i was offered a job it would be where can i sign. i just find it sad that we lose out on alot of things thats all

Whats sad is that all the mod makers going to VBS has been discussed to death already over and over.

This is nothing new.

AA

VBS

VBS2

OFP2

Keep these names in mind when you wonder if mod makers are coming back to OFP or not.

im wonderin if VBS stuff would work in AA or OFP2,atleast OFP2 I mean cmon that'd just be crap if it didn't

Whats sad is that all the mod makers going to VBS has been discussed to death already over and over.

This is nothing new.

AA

VBS

VBS2

OFP2

Keep these names in mind when you wonder if mod makers are coming back to OFP or not.

What is AA, OFP2 and VBS2 duing there? None of them has been released yet. Who said it was somthing new? Its still sad that some addons makers has moved their activities from OFP to VBS well not that eny high quality addons has been made to VBS yet, BAS's soldiers was okay but nothing to get excited over.

STGN

VBS stuff whont work in AA I am sure it would be illigal enyway.

well not that eny high quality addons has been made to VBS yet, BAS's soldiers was okay but nothing to get excited over.

STGN

I still get excited over them.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ebud/VBS_SF2_5.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ebud/vbsversion2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ebud/vbsversion.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v464/ebud/theshot.jpg

Quote[/b] ]What is AA, OFP2 and VBS2 duing there? None of them has been released yet.

It means...

People wont be coming back to OFP if they've already left.

If anything, the titles I mentioned will attract people to those games instead when they are released.

OFP will probably last until these titles start coming out and the OFP players start switching over. Thats when you won't see any addon makers left at all around here.