Sign in to follow this  
TheRedBaron

Should i or should i not,hhmmmm

Well I have not been playin ofp for a couple of months because i factory restored my comp and installed bf1942 be cause it was less demanding on my computer than ofp(after about 100 addons wich would eventually happen smile_o.gif  tounge_o.gif  smile_o.gif .Now im getting a new computer in addition to the one i already have(AMD 3200,1024mb ram,duel channel memory,surround sound 5.1,ati graphics card...cant remember wich version at the moment but i beleive its the newest)any ways I was thinking ofp would run like a dream on it and its killing me weather i sould go ofp or bf1942 because i want the same game on both computers,so i can play my brother.So, wich game should i go for and do u think that my new comp could run both??? Just looking for some feed back from people who have played both.  TY in advance smile_o.gif

actual specs on my new comp-

AMD athlon XP Processor 3200

NVIDIA nForce 2 ultra-400 AGP 8x Motherboard with USB 2.0

1024MB Dual channel BBR400 memory

120GB 7200 RPM ultra ATA-100 HardDrive

256MB ATI radeon 9600-XT 8x AGP video

5.1 channel 3D surround sound

BF1942, personally, is a unrealistic, POS. OFP is much, much more realistic, and there's tons of addons for OFP. You can always turn the detail down if it's slow on your other computer.

The only good thing about Bf1942, IMO, is the fact that it's slightly easier to fly planes on it.

Bf1942 is the only game i really play online,  much beter netcode than ofp (In my opinion) and no clipping

Plus you can stand get a free ride by jumping on the jeeps bonnet (without getting in) also on plane wings  crazy_o.gif

Great for modding (also vehicles in vehicles)

I still mess with ofp in mission editor but thats all really  sad_o.gif

edit: Also if you find bf42 unrealistic get the Forgotten hope mod, Some screenshots of the mod here smile_o.gif

get bf1942, its definately better game

Your a brave man.

And brave men die sooner rather than later.

I played bf1942 demo and must say it is SUX! sux with big letter. it is crappiest arcade ever. i prefer to play Q3A rather than BF. I played it about 5 minutes and then deleted. I regret that have downloaded it. sad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Battlefield is like playing with baseball guns, the bullets fly as if they would weigh a ton each.  tounge_o.gif

The choice is very simple. You like simple, quick and sometimes funny gameplay then go for BF1942 but dont believe you will remember that game a few weeks later.

If you want to dive into a world of its own, if you are willing to invest time for a real adventure, if you want to do stunts, create shocking mission, beat tremendous battles you and your brother against hundreds of bots, if you want to play with nukes, with WWII tanks, with artillery, submarines and the meanest russians then go for OFP. But I warn you, it takes time to test and modify things before a mission runs smoothly!

If you want to have something in the middle wait for Söldner (released very very soon)

http://cgi.actionvault.ign.com/display....gi?http

I know we're getting off topic, but I am half cut thanks to Wild Turkey and cokes, and I reckon I'm doing a damn fine job with my spelling and gramma.

I have no problem with BF1942 or any of it's mods, it's just that it's not as involving as OFP. BF is good for a quick fix of mass MP. But OFP is much more involving. It requires rational thought, planning, and a proper execution in order to succeed. BF1942 should really be BF1914. The objectives only ever seem to be accomplished through mass charges where you overrun the enemy lines. This is not how modern warfare is fought, and as such, desert combat is not much more than old school military tactics with modern weapons. OFP on the other hand, is much more capable of simulating the tactics of modern warfare.

But my biggest question to you Red Barron: Why not simply have both games running on both PC's? rock.gif Are these specs you posted here:

Quote[/b] ](AMD 3200,1024mb ram,duel channel memory,surround sound 5.1,ati graphics card...cant remember wich version at the moment but i beleive its the newest)
of the new or old computer. If not, post the specs of the 'old' computer.

It honestly sounds like OFP would handle like a dream on that anyway!!!

You can more than handle OFP on your machine! Don't think twice, OFP is the game of the future. tounge_o.gif

Well I have not been playin ofp for a couple of months because i factory restored my comp

So just install Opf again, how else were you playing it the first time around?

i was just kidding..if you want to play a true classic, mostly single player or coop with some friends; play OFP - on a modern machine it looks still amazing with aa and anisotropic filters, gameplay&athmosphere rock

if you want a multiplayer quake/ofp ripoff then play bf1942, but be prepared to d/l hundreds of megabytes for patches/maps, gigabytes for mods and a crap client side hitcode unplayable with anything lower than broadband, plus electronic art general ripoff with useless addons, just to mention bf vietnam..

BF1942, personally, is a unrealistic, POS.  OFP is much, much more realistic, and there's tons of addons for OFP.  You can always turn the detail down if it's slow on your other computer.

when did BF ever state it was realistic in its gameplay.

My comp play BF1942 and OFP and resistance like a dream. Thought i havnt played BF1942 in like 6 months. OFP eveyday all day. BIS are doing something right if they got me hooked on this game for 3 years. and addon makers and mission makers and everyone else.

Nyway ontopic.

Dont install BF19142. Load of shit. And flying planes easier. crazy_o.gif I get it off the ground and bang. Into the sea.

Can you tell me where the singleplayer campaign is for BS1942?

read my other post, next time i use smiley

only advantage of bf42 imo is that you can jump in multiplay for some minutes for quake action in vehicles - IF you have the right ISP; all other aspects go to OFP hands down

and to add: i talk of modded bf42, like desert combat or forgotten hope, basic bf is simply not worth playing, even online.. but who do i tell that

I like BF1942, not for the fact that its better than OFP, which it definetley isn't, but because its so different to OFP. When I've got hours to waste then OFP is the game I play, when I got less than half an hour I just jump in a game of BF for a few minutes of laughter. Both great games but for different reasons! tounge_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

Easier to fly planes in BF1942? You must not fly then...they are touchy and require practice to fly.The planes in OFP are much nicer and easier to fly I think.

And Bf1942 is pretty demanding.I play with all but view distance at the lowest setting so I can see easier and so that its smooth.

I see no reason why you wouldn't want both games installed....I only currently have 3 games installed.OFP,Bf1942 and Morrowind,and I just tried UT2004 demo and thats pretty cool,almost like Tribes 2 I'd say.

And I also think that BF42 demo was definately one of the best demos I have ever tried.I went out and bought the game.The demo was alot of fun too.(people still play the demo online?)

Easier to fly planes in BF1942? You must not fly then...they are touchy and require practice to fly.The planes in OFP are much nicer and easier to fly I think.

I disagree. You only think they are harder to fly because you have only a few KM to fly in, so you have to turn harder and fly lower, not to mention that a couple of rounds from an infantryman can destroy your plane in BF1942 (yet it takes hundreds of rounds from a heavy MG to kill someone....)

lol

I've had many arguments with my friends because of BF1942 and America's Army. And i can't be arsed to go through them again.

OFP is better, live with it! smile_o.gif