Sign in to follow this  
subfaction

Anjou 1939-1944 island

Hi.

Danm nice island and the fields don't lag at all, not even my poor 900MHz maschine, except a little when I take a closer look with the binocs.

Easily creates some tension, when you setup a patrol and have some enemy squads let your path cross randomly.

However, while on such a patrol, my squad denied any orders to follow me on the dirtroad east of Vigny to the end. They always stop just in the middle. With a tank squad everything works fine...

When I set an AI squad leader he goes somewhere around north instead to follow the road. (no matter which combat mode is selected).

gamezone link isn´t working.

are there any mirrors, yet?

Hi everyone,

Anjou is expanding ... to the north. This should give you some more space to get in fight with german, britich or the us army....

For the first time, just a map screenshot, because i am still working on some layouts.

post-7-1084622062.jpg

I love this island, it's getting better and better.

But can you please add some places without "that much vegetation"?

Just some "bigger" places with simple gras textures.

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

Maybe to the north east, north of the airfield, would be a possibility to make some bigger place without such a dense vegetation.

I didn´t touch it now, because it´s too much work to do.

We´ll see.

But can you please add some places without "that much vegetation"?

Just some "bigger" places with simple gras textures.

Yes, would be nice .... for Tankbattles and things like that  tounge_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

So here we go with a first impression of Northern Anjou ....

Of course some more farmlands. As you can see it´s not that much vegetation there, as you know it from the south of Anjou.

Well, tank battles are easier to play here, but they are still tricky.

post-7-1084732421.jpg

post-7-1084732477.jpg

Another nice village ... I tested here some heavy streetfights. So for me it works in that style I like it. Fight at distance of 20m and less. Sometimes I wished to have a bayontte or knife ....

post-7-1084732656.jpg

Well and between the southern part of Anjou and the northern region you will find now some smaller mountains .... enjoy the view over south Anjou...

post-7-1084732878.jpg

So thats all for now. It still needs a lot of work, especially all the small detail work, where you can´t really see if you allready did something or not. Right now Anjou is quite large and it´s tricky to have a look at all corners if something is still "buggy".

OFP_PUPSI

So dear friends,

I implemented a road over the mountain from the northern part of Anjou to the southern part.

As usuall this road is pretty important and so it´s heavy guarded by some germans troops ....

Well, that´s what I make today .....

post-7-1085135640.jpg

post-7-1085135731.jpg

post-7-1085135965.jpg

post-7-1085136032.jpg

Poor guys who have to attack the hill. The road is quite steep, so tanks will have their problems to be fast, and the infantery is right running into the fire of some "MG-Nester" .... 2 Groups of Fallschirmjaeger were enough to defend it against 7 (!) US-squads.....bloody, bloody ...

The mountain texture work is completed. Here a screenshot to enjoy the panorama west of Dourdan ...

post-7-1085245518.jpg

Hi OFP_Pupsi,

Just 2 small things i would like to see fixed  smile_o.gif

1. The Bridge in the South-East (south of Goisse) is a little bit rough. Hard for the AI to cross it. Could you fix that?

2. You wrote Chotain like this: Choatin.

Both are only small things. The island itself is just great! Awsome work! smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif

Forgot something:

Would it be possible to make it bridges AI-handable? So that even the stupid AI-Drivers are able to cross it without destroying it or just miss it and drive into the water? That would be great!

Afaik T.S.C.Plage did a great job on this on his Mapfact Nogova.

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

So,

some news about Anjou 1939-1944:

I finished now both versions the "normal" and the SE version. Just some checks on both islands and I guess I can release them this weekend.

What you expect ? Well, you can expect a bigger Anjou. The parts you already know from V 1.3 is the same (I didn´t touch them) but in the north it expanded ... well you´ll see.

OFP_PUPSI

Great news, PUPSI!  tounge_o.gif

Did you fix the southern bridge and the name of Chotain? Would be nice, if you do/did that.  biggrin_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS  smile_o.gif

yeah any news on this great island is good news!

Hopefully we can get some missions for it at ww2ec with the new pack being released

Just a short step before release ...... and some pics ....

post-28-1086967232.jpg

post-28-1086967266.jpg

post-28-1086967288.jpg

post-28-1086967309.jpg

post-28-1086967337.jpg

post-28-1086967366.jpg

and some more .....

post-28-1086967388.jpg

post-28-1086967408.jpg

post-28-1086967436.jpg

post-28-1086967459.jpg

Yeah, thats it. Hope you like the pictures and hope I can invite you for a visit on Anjou soon.

OFP_PUPSI

Nice work smile_o.gif

I am looking forward for release of this island !!!

fighter

smile_o.gif

looks nice. I like the old style airfield with the metal grating runway. Its a nice touch.

now, this looks perfect smile_o.gif

i´ll probably start on a few missions on it (mote likely never to be released though) ;)

This map is awesome. One thing i would like to see is more large feilds, you know, more open countryside, smile_o.gif