Sign in to follow this  
subfaction

Anjou 1939-1944 island

Yup, fantastic job.  Probably the most impressive island released to date.

I agree, it´s beautiful!

MfG Lee smile_o.gif

This is the first island I've downloaded that I've actually kept. It's actually very good.

The only glitch I see on it so far is in Meaux. For some reason the AI doesn't want to go into the main street. If they do move into it they get paralyzed and just stand there usually. Every now and then tanks fall through the bridges, but I don't think there's a solution to that problem.

Also when I go in to optics mode or zoom when aiming through grass or in the forest my frame rate dies. It's not a problem with your map Nogova does it to me to. Does any one have a suggestion on how to prevent that from happening to me?

Also when I go in to optics mode or zoom when aiming through grass or in the forest my frame rate dies. It's not a problem with your map Nogova does it to me to. Does any one have a suggestion on how to prevent that from happening to me?

uhmmm, happened to me once, when using zoom of gummi camera tool. No idea, what the reason might be, though. rock.gif

the best small island out there. and for the next release the size is doubled? rock.gif that would be cool. but dont rush anything. wink_o.gif

Wohooo, I got now also an account for this forum....

Thanks a lot for your comments. So, if you have questions about Anjou, I can now also reply in this forum.

I made a small homepage for Anjou which you can find here

Anjou 1939-1944

Hope you enjoy this island, and I am still working on the V1.3 ....

OFP_PUPSI

glad to know this nice little island is still being developed, any chance someone can host the lastest version, none of the links posted so far work for me,

cheers

.sub

Just found the AI will not enter the industrial zone south of montignac. They stop at the gates and wont go in.

Also is there a way to make is so the AI cannot see you through grass? It looks nice but since the AI can see right through it it's sort of unpractical.

Also is there a way to make is so the AI cannot see you through grass? It looks nice but since the AI can see right through it it's sort of unpractical.

Jean Christoph (the maker of the Normandie island) added some new fields to his island. The AI can't see trough it, but the problem is, that you can't shoot throug it, too. I personaly don't know which is the better solution Beeing seen and shoot back or not visible but also not able to shoot ...

Mfg MEDICUS

Thanks, ive got the file now, I too get the big slowdown when zoomed in and looking through many alpha'd textures, like the fields.

To avoid such slowdown issues, the best thing to do is to reduce the amount of polys in the field objects.

An effective way to use less polys is to use a simple quad shape, if you skew the top and bottom vertices then the grass will look good from above as well as from the side, so you need less polys to create a fuller field or grass.

I've got to say the slow down with the fields are the only negative point of this island, i love the airport, just right ;)

As for the view issues with the fields, i'd rather be hidden from the enemy, but allow shots to travel through the grass/crop. makes for some interesting machine gun techniques ;)

I prepare two Versions for V1.3, including then some 3rd party addon, like WWII styled bridge, battling bitch´s streetlamp and 30´s years styled gas statio, mapfacts hangar....

Knowing the problem that all the vegetation is power-consuming one version will be without the grass/field addons (rest will be the same) the other one will include everythig.

The fact that the AI can see you in the field is not very nice. I just used JC Addons, so I am not an addon maker. But I will see if something can be changed.

going back to the grass/corn field bit. Whats the point of being able to shoot when you can't see anything anyway?

OFP_PUPSI, I love this amazing island and am really looking forward to the next version.

In the above screenshots I noticed the street lighting which will add to the overall effect but I was wondering if the light would look better orange rather than white (I have always hated the bright white lighting in OFP and would much prefer more subtle and realistic light).

PH

I think this looks pretty realistic ..... the best streetlamps I know in OFP made by BattlingBitch....

post-7-1083415202.jpg

post-7-1083415252.jpg

At least these streetlamps are far better than the original from bis, or ?

OFP_PUPSI

At least these streetlamps are far better than the original from bis, or ?

In fact they aren't as bright as the BIS one .... and the screens look just awsome. I like that "oldschool" gas-station!  smile_o.gif

Great work, OFP_PUPSI!

Looking forward to v1.3!

Mfg MEDICUS

Just found the AI will not enter the industrial zone south of montignac. They stop at the gates and wont go in.

Is fixed, and will be implemented in V 1.3

Jesus H crist, what is this, what the F*** is this?? it looks just wonderful..... wow_o.gif

gimme, right now!!!

btw, is it your island that had that field airstrip??? have you removed a bit of the forrest so that AI can takeoff/land at it???

maybe made it a bit longer too.... not much, but a bit ;)

hell, this island looks great, especially with those updates you show on the screens....

OFP_PUPSI, my apologies to you on the subject of the lighting.

I see it much better now at street level and it does look so much better than the original BIS lighting.

You have created an amazing piece of work with this island.

PH

btw, is it your island that had that field airstrip??? have you removed a bit of the forrest so that AI can takeoff/land at it???

maybe made it a bit longer too.... not much, but a bit ;)

Yeah it is Anjou with the field airstrip. And I gave the command to some peoples living in Anju to "cut the forest" a bit in the north of the airstrip ... you will see it in the next version ....

OFP_PUPSI, my apologies to you on the subject of the lighting.

No prob. I need your comments, critism, suggestion, bugreport etc.... otherwise it´s not possible to improve it .... smile_o.gif

Blimey! Those new pics are great. Thanks for the hard work Pupsi. You've done a brilliant island.

How hard would it be to have actual village names from the real Anjou?

It'll be great to see villages like Grézillé (my grandad had the local Café during the war), Saint Clément des Levées, Les Rosiers sur Loire, Saint Martin de la Place, or even Saumur for the big town.

I'll be more than happy to model the road signs if you need them (I work with Max and Photoshop) and I'm sure Subfaction won't mind giving me a hand with the export tools... ;)

F19bannerh.jpg

F19banner.jpg

It'll be great to see villages like Grézillé (my grandad had the local Café during the war), Saint Clément des Levées, Les Rosiers sur Loire, Saint Martin de la Place, or even Saumur for the big town.

I'll be more than happy to model the road signs if you need them (I work with Max and Photoshop) and I'm sure Subfaction won't mind giving me a hand with the export tools... ;)

That would be very nice! I'd like to see the real town names! In my oppinon it'll give the whole project a more realistic touch. Also the road signs and signs with town names would be very nice!

Mfg MEDICUS smile_o.gif

to be honest i personally dont like the mix of res and cwc vegetation....

i would prefer just res vegetation, or some vegetation of similar quality....