Sign in to follow this  
subfaction

Anjou 1939-1944 island

Thanks for your offer to model signs with real Anjou names. But I am now so familiar with the names I used in the island, that I don´t want to change them anymore ........

wink_o.gif

Using CWC vegetation and mix them with res vegetation is, because you can´t do everything just with res objects. Even with the stuff you can use from BIS it´s hard to build this islands like I want to do. So many things are missing. Ok, you can do a lot with addons, but I don´t want to deliver an island where you still need MB´s aand more MB´s of addons ... just two or three addons, like BattlingBitch´s Streetpack and MapFact´s Hangars.

But with CWC and res vegetations it´s an old discussion and I would wish BIS had some better looking CWC vegetations or did more vegetations in their res-release

Version 1.3 is nearly finished, so I guess I can release it next weekend. Anjou will then be released in two "version" -> Anjou V1.3 and Anjou V1.3 SE

So Anjou V1.3 is normal, as you know it. In the Anjou V1.3 SE version I removed all gras/wheat addons, due to the reason that on some computers this addons are too CPU consuming.

Well who likes to play with gras takes the Anjou V1.3, who likes to play without the gras takes Anjou V1.3 SE.

Anything else is the same on both editions. Hope this will help out the gamers out there, having not that powerful machines.

Could you please make the internal names of the islands differently as in mp it is really bad when some guys are playing with grass and some don't.

Rearranging sp missions would be nothing more than unpacking it, changing the folder name and repacking it, so i guess that is less hassle than always manually running filechecks on servers and telling players to get the other version of the island or kick them if they don't comply.

Oh, the names will be different ....

normal Anjou -> Anjou.pbo ... internal: Anjou 1939-1944

without grass -> Anjou_SE.pbo ... internal Anjou 1939-1944 SE

that should be enough, or ?

sounds good, different names are a great idea, cant wait to see this new version, my fav map by far

I love that island, just a few suggestions:

- Could you ask Jean Christophe for some of his buildings? The bridges would be a very nice addition to your island.

- "Reallights": Some of these nice flickering streetlamps in the towns.

- Maybe some buildings from the new farmland pack?

Otherwise: Great! I never had so much fun in CTI before. ;-)

The bridge from Jean Christophe will be included ... and some addons from BattlingBitch. He did some great work on WWII styled addons. You will see that his streetlamps are really good and you wont missing anything else. wink_o.gif

So I actually send the Anjou V1.3 and Anjou V1.3 SE to some OFP groups. Let´s see when they publish the new version .....

OFP_PUPSI

OFP_PUPSI, downloaded v1.3 earlier and well what can I say?

If heaven was an island in OFP then this is it. In other words I love it LOL.

Shame My elite troops will have to flatten most of it LOL (just joking)

120% out of 100% tounge_o.gif

This by far is my favorite Island, and not just for WWII addons. It's a very erie effect seeing enemy troops heads bobbing through the fields. You also have to be careful because they can sneak up on you, since they are not visible from great distances like on most other maps.

Thanks mates, everything ok with this version? Someone was telling me he just see white textures.

I can´t believe, because I tested it like everytime, just want to be sure....

OFP_PUPSI

could someone post a link? for some reason edgefiles isnt working for me today..

... Someone was telling me he just see white textures.

I can´t believe, because I tested it like everytime, just want to be sure....

I wasn't the one, but i see the white textures, too.  sad_o.gif

Here two examples:

an13_1.jpg

an13_2.jpg

I started with this addons:

Addons:

- standart

Res\Addons:

- standart

mod @anjou13:

- Anjou_SE_anim

- anjaddon1.pbo

- Anjou_SE.pbo

- BB_woodenbridge.pbo

- baracken.pbo

- BB_Streetpack.pbo

edit:

Everything else works. I have the wooden bridges, the lamps at nicht and all other textures. the only thing that doeasn't "work" are the fields. neither the field "ground textures" nor the 3D-fields itself. The fields worked fine in Anjou 1.2

Mfg MEDICUS

These "white" textures are by Anjou 1.3 SE version. Version of Anjou 1.3 "normal" works fine.

fighter

smile_o.gif

These "white" textures are by Anjou 1.3 SE version. Version of Anjou 1.3 "normal" works fine.

Yes, you are right fighter. Forgot to say that. "Normal" Anjou v1.3 works fine (there aren't fields included), the white parts are only in the "Special edition".

MEDICUS

ok, ok .... I´ve seen my big mistake ....

Now it´s pretty clear to me why you have the white fields ... some mistake in the definition of the textures. crazy_o.gif

I am sorry for that ! I will correct it soon as possible....

I checked it, and it´s exactly what I thought. You have only this problems if you install the SE version but haven´t the normal version in the res/addons folder. So the SE version still use by mistake the texture of the anjou.pbo, if it´s missing -> you get white fields. Sorry again for that, I will correct it asap and send the corrected version to the ofp pages ....

I sent the corrected file to ofp.info and ofpbase.com

We´ll see when they are uploaded. More I can´t do right now and I hope the prob is fixed right now. I gave it a short test to my computer....