Sign in to follow this  
Wilco

Anim.pbo replacement pack

The beta release of my replacement pack, now this is rough, but people kept asking if I can give them a beta, so here it is.

Comments welcomed and needed, I want to make this exactly like you want it.

UPDATE 7-22-04

New Beta 2 Phase released, see page 7

very nice the gu head thing you know about

could you redo the lying animation?

Possibly, but I need a photo to work with, I see nothing wrong with the default.

It is a good idea, and no offence intended, but the running anims are choppy and almost comical, and the weapon holding anims have the soldier holding the foregrip at a very strange angle, you should rotate the hand 90° clockwise and move the left arm farther to the left, because when you hold a gun's foregrip the bottom of it should be flat against your palm. Anyways, the good stuff is the way you moved the gun farther left and forward so it looks like the soldier is actually aiming and not staring at the gun smile_o.gif I say you should leave the running anims the way they were because they were pretty good to begin with, and just edit the stationary anims.

but thats just my opinion of course. anyways good job on the beta smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

It is a good idea, and no offence intended, but the running anims are choppy and almost comical, and the weapon holding anims have the soldier holding the foregrip at a very strange angle, you should rotate the hand 90° clockwise and move the left arm farther to the left, because when you hold a gun's foregrip the bottom of it should be flat against your palm. Anyways, the good stuff is the way you moved the gun farther left and forward so it looks like the soldier is actually aiming and not staring at the gun smile_o.gif I say you should leave the running anims the way they were because they were pretty good to begin with, and just edit the stationary anims.

but thats just my opinion of course. anyways good job on the beta smile_o.gifsmile_o.gif

I understand and yes, the sprinting is real choppy and screwed up, I just need to fix that arm and some leg movements..

By the way: BACK UP THE OLD ANIM.PBO

If you use this in multiplayer, what will happen?

Why don't you try, nothing happend to me, but it may end up doing something.

i got an idea for the prone stance. put the soldier leaning on his elbows and put his head at a better angel. As for the "safe mode" dont make the gun switch sides like that when walking. With the sprint dont make them move thier arms so fast make it a little slower swing. For slow walk with gun make the aiming stance like the at rest one ( where his face is close to the gun). Maybe work on the pistol stance a little too. make it so when your at rest the player holds it down pointing to the ground a wee bit. OK im out of ideas. OH WAIT!!!!!!!!!!! grenade throw!!!!!!!!!!! make him act like hes pulling a pin and then have his other hand pointing in which direction it will go. OK thats a lot I know, but this is porbably the one thing OFP needs most. good work Wilco I like your stuff, you make us all proud.

Does it actually switch sides? If so, that is the non-updated version. I need to get the new one out.

Well it's the same one, I need a host to get the new one.

By the way:  BACK UP THE OLD ANIM.PBO

Just on that... does anyone have a copy of the original anim.pbo for both OFP & OFPR? wink_o.gifwink_o.gif they can kindly send me. I'm not known for my backing up of files tounge_o.gif

If so please PM me and i'll give you my email address

Wilco do you have a list of the animations you changed in for this pack?

I downloaded and installed your pack but it doesnt seem any different to the original. I renamed anim.pho in dta folder to anim.phx, then inserted your pho. Should work yes?

people please learn how to make mod folders and use those, NO BACKING UP REQURIED!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if you need to learn how look at fdf or something like that.

ok i got the new version and it is BEAUTIFUL!!!! Nice work Wilco. One of the few things i noticed was in the "safe mode" if you walk diaginally (press w and a or d at the same time) the animation goes back to the old one. Other than that I loved it.

Just on that... does anyone have a copy of the original anim.pbo for both OFP & OFPR? wink_o.gifwink_o.gif they can kindly send me. I'm not known for my backing up of files tounge_o.gif

If so please PM me and i'll give you my email address

Wilco do you have a list of the animations you changed in for this pack?

You should find copies on the CDs

Yeah, the running and jogging animations look a bit strange. The standing one looks almost as if the person is leaning up and resting his gun on something, doesn't look right for someone standing, he looks like he's holding the gun too high. The crouching one however I like.

About the strafing on the safe mode, I haven't completed that yet, but hopefully IF I have some time I will.

If anyone has a website or some space to store addons, can they please, please, please mirror this file. My site is going to run out of bandwith for March very soon if i can't get a hold of my host. So please can someone mirror this file! Thanks smile_o.gif

Is this just an animation replacements or is there a multitude of other anims that are going to be used?

I'd like to see some more civilian ones myself. For everyday tasks, etc.

As opposed to combat oriented.

hey could you please tell you which animations names are the ones for the following anims

safe walking

prone still

sprinting

because I like to mix and match anims from different packs.

a quick reply would be appreciated

This is a replacement pack. No need to use switchmove or playmove commands.

@desantnik

You'll have to wait for Wilco to answer that, sorry mate sad_o.gif