Sign in to follow this  
KDog35

Ofp causes divorce

You all are a bunch of liars.    Yea right. "on divorce court".  

I wish I had spotted earlier that you were the one who instigated the flaming, do not do it again please or you will have to spend some time on the sidelines, so to speak smile_o.gif

For all men having women that complain about youre computer time ,a few worthly tip:

Give youre wife a low end computer.Install all version's you know of tetris ,pong ,etc. I have found that women get easily addicted to games that fit them ,like tetris does ,atleast my misus loves it.

Install good chat programs on her computer ,really usefull woman love to talk for hours so you can let them do that on the pc ,keep's them occupied and in the evening they are all talked out.

Learn her to use forum's ,then bookmark forum's of her favourite tv shows or other thing's she likes.

Give her a reason to get hooked to a pc herself. wink_o.gif

Not very interesting fact but apparently playing Tetris stimulates similar pleasure parts of the brain in women that eating chocolate stimulates smile_o.gif

Not very interesting fact but apparently playing Tetris stimulates similar pleasure parts of the brain in women that eating chocolate stimulates  smile_o.gif

Are you insinuating I'm a blockhead?! mad_o.gif

Far be it for me to make such an insinuation biggrin_o.gif

I am lucky if I get on OFP for ten hours a week. I usally go on about ten o'clock after my girls are in bed for a couple of hours. Depends what I have to do at work the next day.

Weekends are for family stuff but I try to steal some hours for OFP.

My girl does get a little pissed with me but after I explain work stress and the need to unwind, her soap and TV watching she is usually cool.

For all men having women that complain about youre computer time ,a few worthly tip:

Give youre wife a low end computer.Install all version's you know of tetris ,pong ,etc. I have found that women get easily addicted to games that fit them ,like tetris does ,atleast my misus loves it.

Install good chat programs on her computer ,really usefull woman love to talk for hours so you can let them do that on the pc ,keep's them occupied and in the evening they are all talked out.

Learn her to use forum's ,then bookmark forum's of her favourite tv shows or other thing's she likes.

Give her a reason to get hooked to a pc herself.  wink_o.gif

Yes indeed...my aunt just loves those incredibly boring games like minesweeper and tetris.

Bloody hell, they're so ignorant! Can't they see that OFP is teh Rul0r?!

Yhheeeessss, puhlay with their minds we will... crazy_o.gif

It's slowing working on my sisters, first, assist them with noob games, while I'm cooking up OFP stuff. Then, as they get bored, they see muy m4d sk1llz on stunt island. "Ooo, can I try that?" "No, it's too hard, maybe later". They're suckers for 'hard-to-get'. Someday, I will get her as a tank commander, and then we'll see Ivan run. smile_o.gif

Best way to avoid OFP causing any problems with your wife is not to get married in the first place, meh. tounge_o.gif

everything in moderation...just need better time management, and u can play flashpoint and have a girlfriend too.... smile_o.gif

best solution is to go and work for BIS as a beta-tester. This way it's your job to play ofp2 and you can have ofp2 40 hours a week without getting troubles with you wife biggrin_o.gif

only one problem; how do I become a beta tester at BIS? tounge_o.gif

Belive it or not, I DID apply for a job beta-testing at Codemasters which is just up the road from my place.

Never heard back though.

My problem with OFP is an ever decreasing circle.

Firstly I get hooked onto a BAS project. The I get carried away with it, usually spending 18-20 hours a DAY writing the scripts and testing them.

The lack of sleep makes my concentration lapse, with the result I need to spend even longer on them.

Often we are waiting on somebody to finish another aspect, but tend to stay online while I wait......and so it goes.

No problem for a spotty teenage Billy No-Mates I guess, But I have a wife and THREE (count em!) kids, plus my job and the fact that 2 of the nippers are taught at home.

Its definetly time I got my priorities straight I think...... sad_o.gif

TJ

I'm with you TJ. No game (nomatter how incredibly realistic, fun , community based and addictive) is worth losing the love of a good women over.

I am cutting back my OFP drastically...

Doh. Just downloaded WGL 4.0. There goes that idea...

The love of a women can be replaced, but the kids part is very important. They need a father who spends time with them.

I don't have a wife or kids (or girlfriend). I only have a buddy on my room on the base and in the weekend I stay with my parents. I can only play OFP in the two days I'm home in the weekend. Not much time, but it makes you value OFP even more. I just re-discovered vietnam addons for OFP. Great to fight the enemy on those newer nam islands.