Sign in to follow this  
Indy

Nuclear bomb

http://xenom.altervista.org/B83_nuke.gif

http://xenom.altervista.org/B83_nuke_night.gifhttp://xenom.altervista.org/B83_nuke_night.gif

http://xenom.altervista.org/screenshot98.jpg

http://xenom.altervista.org/screenshot99.jpg

http://xenom.altervista.org/screenshot100.jpg

http://xenom.altervista.org/screenshot101.jpg

Xenom has made this great Nuclear Bomb for OFP biggrin_o.gif

As you can see from the screenshots it's a really impressive work

Features:

• Impressive realism

• Very cool grafic effects:

- Mushroom

- Dinamic lights

- Shock wave

- Explosion Flash

- Dust after the shock wave

• Different effects if the bomb detonates in water

• Instant messages when the bomb is launched and message of it's impact point

• Massive devastation

PS: The power of the  B83 it's of 1200 kt that are really high, Xenom has reduced the power of the bomb or any object in a 15km radius from ground zero will be destroyed.

Expect a release really soon

impresive, I have to be onest, can't wayt for it to come out.

Anyway. How is the performance of this thing? CPU friendly?

@CERO.

15 km is too much dude. thats 15000 m.

I've already tryied it and it doesn't lag on a P4 1600 mhz with an ati 9000 and 384mb of ram, so i don't know on other configurations but @ me doesn't lag... Xenom has reduced the damage radius to decrase the lag, and now it seems to be ok...

yes, if u read, we reduced it to 1200 meters

How did you manage this without thrashing the CPU? At CoC we gave up releasing anything of that kind of range due to it stalling any CPU from the shockwave.

And 15Km death zone would be more like a 20Kt than a 1Kt would it not?

EDIT: ok so, a 1Kt at 1200m, cool, a companion to the CoC 1Kt Nuke then. biggrin_o.gif

yes, if u read, we reduced it to 1200 meters

No you said

Quote[/b] ]PS: The power of the B83 it's of 1200 kt that are really high, Xenom has reduced the power of the bomb or any object in a 15km radius from ground zero will be destroyed.

1200kt, and 15km.

So now you are saying 1200m or 1.2Km death zone, making it around 1Kt Nuke warhead.

A question, does the shockwave take time to reach the outer killing areas or is it all just one instantaneous plop?

The mushroom cloud doesn't seem to form up properly. It just appears there. The CoC version first builds a pillar and then grows a fireball on top of it.

It should be like a rapid expansion to a half-ball on the ground and then slowly rising up leaving a pillar below it.

Really impressive!

I hope it won't be too laggy to use it. The effects look very nice!

Mfg MEDICUS

The video won't play for me, do you know where I can get the latest drivers and updates for playing this video showing this nuke?

Could this be used ingame effectively though? Don't get me wrong, I love my nukes in OFP, but how can it be used in a regular game, if where the explosion center is, the only way to see it with normal view distance is instant death. I say you make another *light* addon, like 300-600km, that way it can still be used extremly effectively (haven't seen any OFP bombs with that big of blast range), but not... total devastation, and gives people a chance to see it's beauty.

ha i'll be downloading this thing regardless... just, i think there should be a lighter version.

this is awsome! will you include some kind of script that would

simulate the radiation after the detonation? Also how will the bomb be launched?

I will make you a script that gives everyone cancer from 6 months to years after the explosion. wink_o.gif I don't think you want to leave OFP on that long. biggrin_o.gif

Argghhh, pics are over 100kB! Better fix them before mods get over here... wink_o.gif

It's looking very promising, though.

The video won't play for me, do you know where I can get the latest drivers and updates for playing this video showing this nuke?

Try here to get the divx codec for wmplayer, direct link to .exe here.

I have done extensive Multiplayer testing with nuclear weapons while mucking around changing that BAS scud to fire the COC nuke and FPS and all that stuff is fine it's the blast area that is the issue. It's an instant show stopper, you need to cut the blast area to only around 200-400 meters otherwise you will all desync to hell.

Looks very, very nice, can't wait to get my hands on it. smile_o.gif

Very impressive stuff, blast radius at 1,200m seems good for unprotected ground targets.

1kt device would trash anything within 1/2 mile (800m) based on the 2.5mile (4KM) damaged caused by the Hiroshima device.

Not sure about about how much damage would be done to a NBC protected tank at 1200m tho. Does the scripting factor this in, i.e a decreasing damage as the distance increases?

NBC(AFAIK) doesn't really protect against the blast, it just protects against the radiation(or chem/bio agents). Usually, they're just an overpressure system, that keeps the inside tank at a high enough air pressure, so if there's any holes in the tank, air will leak out, not come in. smile_o.gif

NBC(AFAIK) doesn't really protect against the blast, it just protects against the radiation(or chem/bio agents).  Usually, they're just an overpressure system, that keeps the inside tank at a high enough air pressure, so if there's any holes in the tank, air will leak out, not come in. smile_o.gif

Yeh thats right,

The blast and firestorm would not be sufficient IMO to destroy a tank at that range and since the crew is protected they would not be burn't by the fire or killed by radiation. From memory extrapilations of the Upshot Knothole test data showed that a tank would get thrown around a bit, but at that distance would remain largely in tact.

NBC(AFAIK) doesn't really protect against the blast, it just protects against the radiation(or chem/bio agents).  Usually, they're just an overpressure system, that keeps the inside tank at a high enough air pressure, so if there's any holes in the tank, air will leak out, not come in. smile_o.gif

Yeh thats right,

The blast and firestorm would not be sufficient IMO to destroy a tank at that range and since the crew is protected they would not be burn't by the fire or killed by radiation. From memory extrapilations of the Upshot Knothole test data showed that a tank would get thrown around a bit, but at that distance would remain largely in tact.

On the point of NBC protection,

CHEMICAL/BIOLOGICAL ATTACK SCRIPT IDEA

Moved to Scripting forums

Very impressive stuff, blast radius at 1,200m seems good for unprotected ground targets.

1kt device would trash anything within 1/2 mile (800m) based on the 2.5mile (4KM) damaged caused by the Hiroshima device.

Not sure about about how much damage would be done to a NBC protected tank at 1200m tho. Does the scripting factor this in, i.e a decreasing damage as the distance increases?

Nuclear effects ranges are not calculated from a linear transfer function, you need to use something like this:

Convenient scaling laws to allow calculation of burn effects for any yield are:

r_thermal_1st = Y^0.38 * 1.20

r_thermal_2nd = Y^0.40 * 0.87

r_thermal_3rd = Y^0.41 * 0.67

Range is in km, yield is in kt; the equations are accurate to within 10% or so from 1 kt to 20 Mt.

now the bomb is an B61 mod 4, 10 kt version. It has 1200 meters of blast damage. smile_o.gif

(sorry for bad english, i'm learning biggrin_o.gif )

edit: i can take more screenshots if you want biggrin_o.gif