Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

Quote[/b] ]the m41a was made of a thompson gun

the m56a2 out of a old spandau mg42

the smartgun had loads of bits on and a bike handle tounge_o.gif i thought it always looked a mess anyways xmas_o.gif

smartgun.jpg

Schakal @ April 03 2005,20:06)]I don´t know, still looks "toyish" to me. It seems main hull texture is just one color without any detail. Also there seem to be some mapping issues on the textures. And you are sure lighting is correct on the dropship, seems to be quite shiny. Me want more details less beauty shots  wink_o.gif

Well, the "beauty shots" and so on will come as they please.  Don't worry mate, most of my direction is coming from you guys and neph.  In time you'll get more detail, don't worry.  I have real life issues to deal with as well, so be patient.  Although I'm also open to some suggestions on how to approach it OFP style...

As for the Smart, yeah, it looks pretty cobbled together, but if I had the real thing I wouldn't mind smile_o.gif

It looks like a rebuild of a M60 and this german MG sth.

Is that how its going to look or is it just a base texture "template"?

If thats basically how its going to look, may I suggest getting some textures from somewhere else because it will end up looking like a toy.

EDIT: This isnt meant to sound rude but either it can be said now or it can be said after you release it kinda thing...I would look into some better textures.

Okay, we'll put it like this. Guys, this is a more extensive work in progress than I'm used to. This is maybe the second project that had to essentially be built from the ground up. So there's going to be some delay with details and such. Plus I have real world commitments that I have to deal with, it will all come in time. Like with any mod that is as extensive as this, it requires patience and time. Plus if you are going to offer any opinions as to the "toylike" nature of the texture, why not offer a suggestion on format for either the PAA Tool, or using Texview, what have you. It's one thing to say you want it, but if it's not what you like, and wish to see it better, then help out then.

Bl**dy good work mate, this thread never ceases to suprise me biggrin_o.gif

Textures - well, if you do textures for LOMAC then you're obviously not into "toys". I know they'll come out looking great wink_o.gif

For the final release I suggest adding Lupus' materials to the config - see PrepH's new UH1N for reference.

Keep up the great work,

CH

lol i already told eric dont post too many step by step pics

no these textures are curretnly just text patterns

were trying to figure ou the correct nuance of the dropship etc

which isnt as easy as u think as we do pretty everythign from scratch..

@cornhelium

y using lupus cfgmaterials wheni can write my own ?? :P

Is this mod Alien (the movie) related?

who anoticed that fast biggrin_o.gif

wel not completally itll be alienS

but mainly abou the colonial marines

there wont the aliens plot or any of the charakter of aliens

as we dont want to get into trouble with 20th century fox...

Bl**dy good work mate, this thread never ceases to suprise me biggrin_o.gif

Textures - well, if you do textures for LOMAC then you're obviously not into "toys". I know they'll come out looking great wink_o.gif

wire.jpg

That's what I have to deal with along with textures, which is fast becoming the "easy" part.  I once did a custom skin for a friend that took 18 hours, and that was just making the template, etc. Not fun stuff.  This has gone way beyond that, and still more long hours to go.....

In lieu of that pic, I wish o2 would allow for viewing animations, it would make life much much easier...

Added intake inside textures, I will work on it more when my head stops spinning.

ds67.jpg

And there's the reason why, I had to move all the missiles to the "proper" position as seen in the movie and in the CMTM, then had to make sure all the variants were the same... (easier typed than done but they're all the same):

ds68.jpg

Slowly getting the panel lines worked out, as well as the "Ricki's Raiders" symbol.  If anybody would like to color the "Loose Moose" insignia I would be much appreciative:

ds69.jpg

Yeah I know that the large pylon assembly is grey, I got confused (easy sometimes with this thing), but already corrected.  Plus I corrected the rear intake textures a bit, so it didn't "bleed" as much as it used to.

Quote[/b] ]the m41a was made of a thompson gun

the m56a2 out of a old spandau mg42

the smartgun had loads of bits on and a bike handle tounge_o.gif i thought it always looked a mess anyways xmas_o.gif

http://www.goldenarmor.com/weapons/smartgun.jpg

Ah, I can see the similarity to the good old Hitlers saw ('42).

Is this mod Alien (the movie) related?

Go and watch Alien 2.

Yes, looking good, again!

Sorry to go off-topic again...

I'm not fully shure what the blank rounds are. Could someone explain it a bit better... Are they "fake bullets" which have projectile or...

Yes, looking good, again!

Sorry to go off-topic again...

I'm not fully shure what the blank rounds are. Could someone explain it a bit better... Are they "fake bullets" which have projectile or...

Blanks are training rounds used by the military. It's a (more or less) normal cartridge, but without the bullet. The weapon won't fire any projectile.

The only thing the rifle 'fires' is the gas that is created by firing the blank (is contains the same gunpowder as normal bullets). In movies they use a special gunpowder in blanks, so the muzzleflash is brighter and more visible and lasts longer. This is simply needed, because if you would use normal bullets or blanks, you wouldn't seeany flash at all because it's too shortly visible to be recorded by camera (that's why in a vid of a mchinegun firing, you won't see a flash all the time, but every few second you can see a short flah of the muzzleflah)

I hope this explains it a bit.

Blanks are training rounds used by the military. It's a (more or less) normal cartridge, but without the bullet. The weapon won't fire any projectile.

The only thing the rifle 'fires' is the gas that is created by firing the blank (is contains the same gunpowder as normal bullets). In movies they use a special gunpowder in blanks, so the muzzleflash is brighter and more visible and lasts longer. This is simply needed, because if you would use normal bullets or blanks, you wouldn't seeany flash at all because it's too shortly visible to be recorded by camera (that's why in a vid of a mchinegun firing, you won't see a flash all the time, but every few second you can see a short flah of the muzzleflah)

I hope this explains it a bit.

And depending on the weapon action (gas, blow-back, etc.) they also need a blank adapter (mainly for gas operated weapons) so the weapon's action will cycle properly, or else the weapon won't work. As for movie weapons I couldn't tell you as no doubt they have to be modified or perhaps special cartridges.

I fondly remember blowing off the BFA of my old M60 machinegun. My fully auto weapon would become semi-auto very quickly when that happened. smile_o.gif

IIRC, much of the flame was caused by the cartridge filler burning off - blank ammo has the same propellant as live rounds, but not as much of it, and the excess space is filled with cardboard or wax, I think.

warning off-topic

What is the difference between OFP and VBS1?

totally wrong mate

thers other topics bout this

EEEH GHADS!I'm a go hide now

More progress work.  I added gradients for the intake for the gunship:

ds70.jpg

Added nozzle position indicators to the gunship and dropship, and also on the gunship you can see the dark blue is fixed:

ds71.jpg

ds72.jpg

Note that all dropships will have this (unless you don't want them neph?)

And here's my version:

ds73.jpg

ds74.jpg

Progress is going to be somewhat difficult, as right now I'm gonna work on my version slower as I have to tweak the dropship and gunship, then plan on moving to the Flying Bananas, then Nephilims version, then the Desert version.

Also looking for internal cargo bay textures, if someone can make some based on the scant detail from the movie or can or if I can use some textures I would appreciate it.

Don't forget desert camo,can't have a dropship without desert camo,and oh yeah will it be able to transport other vehicles besides the APC?

As far as I know, no. I guess maybe you can adapt the scripts, but I doubt it though. I asked KyleSarnik but no reply yet, but that may mean no. Oddly I tried the same thing though, as like the PT-91 Twardy fits in there perfectly, as well as FishKopp's Humvees.