Sign in to follow this  
nephilim

Us colonial marines

I have just finished reading all the older posts and I see someone already posted a link to that guy's paper model site sorry about that keep up teh good work and if when you are looking for beta testers keep me in mind ;)

apc18.jpg

apc19.jpg

More additional work.

Looks good. Is it safe to construe that due to your work on the APC, the dropship is pretty much completed?

Yes and no. The majority (I would guesstimate roughly 70% of the dropships) of the work is still touchups, as well as adding some stuff to the other ones. The APC is a shift in priority. It's also going slow due to work related issues, so it's still WIP.

would be think better to take a break from one thing hop over to another and get a little further in that. seeing how complex all of theses units are it nice come back to it later with a bit of a fresh start on it again best way to catch mistakes.

True, and I worked on some of the inside:

ds213.jpg

ds214.jpg

Just a couple screenies I did last night:

Pickup.jpg

Pickup2.jpg

ds215.jpg

Additional Ramp weathering.

Wow guys wow_o.gif

keep up the good work and when u release the beta stage

i can make a couple missions for yah's or before...

Welcome guys !

I have some question - are you planning to add a M-Class frighter ( "Nostromo" ship ) to a mod ? It would kick ass ! smile_o.gif

Cheers !

@rogaty

im afraid not its simply too big

the conestoga carriers are huge but the m-class are just..

very very big

So, are you going to add conestoga carriers ?? It's cool, but they cannot land if I remember correctly, and M-frighters can smile_o.gif

Well, considering that the M-Class freighter, as neph said, is VERY VERY BIG, would easily fill one of the small islands, and what would you do with it? At least the Conestoga you can do near movie-like combat drops....

Did some missile work:

ds216.jpg

And as well prelim work on the lower ramp actuators:

ds217.jpg

wouldnt be much point with a complete M class freighter in OFP. only the commercial tug part and not the huge ass refinery lands planetside at best. the rest stops in orbit. Besides ofp isnt exactly the greatest engine for indoors, personally i dont want to accidentially run too fast and go through a wall and end up in space without a suit.. a fall from orbit can put a really downer on the day... lol crazy_o.gif

I've done some more work, more or less taking care of some areas that have stretched textures, and fixed an error on one dropship, which don't require a screenie.  However, I've started a little more on the ramp actuators:

ds219.jpg

Which IMO this texture for this particular part just blows.  Think so and agree?  I wouldn't mind if someone could come up with something better, or have good pulley textures I could use.

And a rather neat shot of the defensive system in work on the dropship:

ds218.jpg

On the APC forefront, I've managed to fix something that was a problem, storage of weapons.  Seems it was like a bug, if you yourself put a weapon inside (using the "Put X weapon in M577 APC") and then went in the dropship in the APC, and when you come out of the dropship, it would disappear.  Even use of a script didn't seem to work either.  So I tweaked the config so that now at least storage of weapons is there, so you can use it as a mobile storage as it should be.  Of course I just use stuff I have, but down the road when the classnames for the stuff neph is working on, I can hook that up.

Also, in lieu of the mission where the missile attack screenie was taken, how do you add a medical capability to the vehicle?

Will you have a laptop that a marine can carry that will allow one to set the fire rate of turrets like the one in the movie?

It would be cool if one could have it work like in the movie showing the ammo amount left in each weapon.

I'm not sure as I haven't talked to neph about it, and she also hasn't mentioned anything about it.

Did some weathering on the Desert version:

ds220.jpg

ds221.jpg

ds222.jpg

ds223.jpg

ds224.jpg

ds225.jpg

You know, Black Baron did that Space mod thing a year or so back with the Space Shuttle (It's in the news cuttings over at ofp.info) . Maybe if you could track him down he could explain how he did it (So the Sulaco and Dropship could go up into space)

And another thought.. the Sulaco.. could you prehaps make a version capable of CoC artillery?

Further musings from one very, very, obsessed Aliens fan

@barnEbiss

yes im waitign for the uac4 model of bobcatt

once its done this will be piece of cake

@UKSubmariner

bb´s space sim is cool ive tried it and it very simple but yet stunning

put its not very usable for what we do

y making the sulaco CoC compatible?

for cooridanted strikes?

mhh.... i dont need coc for that....

+ the sulaco is high up in the orbit

u wotn see it during missions so often ;)

Firesupport from the sulaco..damn gives an whole new meaning to "Incomming!!!"

@barnEbiss

yes im waitign for the uac4 model of bobcatt

once its done this will be piece of cake

@UKSubmariner

bb´s space sim is cool ive tried it and it very simple but yet stunning

put its not very usable for what we do

y making the sulaco CoC compatible?

for cooridanted strikes?

mhh.... i dont need coc for that....

+ the sulaco is high up in the orbit

u wotn see it during missions so often ;)

Fair enough, thanks for answering those questions...

Actually, I just remembered something... in Alien 3 *shudder* you see a ship of the same class as the Sulaco and it enters the planets atmosphere.

Got antoher question - What about lightning of the dropship / APC. Do you have some screenshots with it? smile_o.gif

cheers

wot do u mean with lightning?

cfgmaterials?