Sign in to follow this  
armyclonk

Person of the year 2003???

Person of the year will be *Maruk Spanel.*For leading a team of hardcore czech to make a gaming company called BIS and made a game called Operation Flashpoint three year agr which took the hearts of everyone on the forums of BIS except MacReady. tounge_o.gif

But seriliusy i think it would be.........................um.......... after all that writing Its hard to think of one...........................i dont know

George W. Bush jun.

Or is the person supposed to have had an overall positive influence on the world?

Talking worldwide or just in OPF?

Worldwide: George W. Bush for his stupidity

OPF: BAS becouse of there addons

OR

George W. Bush for not giveing

money for the makeing of OPF2

George W. Bush jun.

Or is the person supposed to have had an overall positive influence on the world?

I recall that Stalin and Hitler received that award too. Make your own conclusions. wink_o.gif

Hmm...come to think about it...there isn't actually anybody famous that I can think of who has had a positive influence. rock.gif

That hiker who ended up trapped under a boulder so amputated his own arm with a pen knife and walked to safety, he deserves an award smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]That hiker who ended up trapped under a boulder so amputated his own arm with a pen knife and walked to safety, he deserves an award

Yeah, I heard about that. He definitely deserves an award for "Most Durable Human" tounge_o.gif .

That hiker who ended up trapped under a boulder so amputated his own arm with a pen knife and walked to safety, he deserves an award smile_o.gif

Most definitely! Cutting your own arm off and walking away... now that commands respect!

I wonder what he's doing now...? rock.gif

Anyhoo, Person of 2003...uh....er....... me? biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Yes! Me for 2003! smile_o.gif

[Gareth Gates must die]

Here we go.......

20030509ap_ralstonPJ01_230.jpg

Aron Ralston - Placebo's man of the year 2003.

<a href="http://www.post-gazette.com/nation/20030509climbernat2.asp" target="_blank">Ralston said he became trapped when he came upon three large boulders wedged in the three-foot wide canyon that he had to climb over. The second boulder rolled as he tried to scramble over it, trapping his right hand to the wall.

From there, it was five days of frustration as he tried to find a way out of his dilemma.

First, he said, he tried to chip away at the boulder and cliff wall with his cheap, multi-tool knife that he described as “what you’d get if you bought a $15 flashlight and got a free multi-use tool.†When that didn’t work, he tried to rig up a way to lift the boulder using his climbing gear. But that, too, did not work.

“At no point was I ever able to get that boulder to budge even microscopically,â€

</a>

Quote[/b] ]Or is the person supposed to have had an overall positive influence on the world?

Yes

Quote[/b] ]Hmm...come to think about it...there isn't actually anybody famous that I can think of who has had a positive influence.

He needn't to have be famous

Quote[/b] ]That hiker who ended up trapped under a boulder so amputated his own arm with a pen knife and walked to safety, he deserves an award

yes, he deserves an award but if you want to be the person of the year, you have to do something for someone else without expecting anything, e.g. rescue 123 childreen out of a burning building without any help.

you have to do something for someone else without expecting anything, e.g. rescue 123 childreen out of a burning building without any help.

Of course, but as I haven't read about anyone pulling 123 children out of a burning building during the past 12 months it's hard to "vote" for an imaginary person wink_o.gif

oh I watched that and a long interview on a famous german show. Damn this guy is cold as stone! wow_o.gif

I deserve an award for....being me biggrin_o.gif

If you cut of your arm with a blunt instrument, then you'll get my vote smile_o.gif

I deserve an award for....being me biggrin_o.gif

If you cut of your arm with a blunt instrument, then you'll get my vote smile_o.gif

Will drinking a bottle of ouzo in an hr on an empty stomach do? smile_o.gif

Will drinking a bottle of ouzo in an hr on an empty stomach do? smile_o.gif

Definitly .... a bottle of ouzo on an empty stomach (even in 3 hrs)... wow! You'll get my vote for that!  tounge_o.gif

And i'll vote for Rumsfeld, too (Like A. Schweizer did). He really kicked the diplomacy.

Mfg MEDICUS

I vote for George W Bush as man of the year 2003.

I think it is stupid that they gave Rudy Guliani man of the year.

He didn't really do anything.   They were just too scared to give Goerge Bush or BinLaden man of the year.