Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

Us presidential election 2004

There's some sick, preverted part of me that would like to see Bush win, just to see how much more interesting the world gets in the next 4 years.

Wonder what will happen to th US if Kerry is elected......can't help but worry.....

Nor can I, I haven't really posted any comments on here but I wouldn't want to see Kerry in office.

Quote[/b] ]Wonder what will happen to th US if Kerry is elected......can't help but worry.....

Yeah. We're so safe with Bush in office, since he's managed to make a vast majority of the world hate us.

Where's your worry there?

Wonder what will happen to th US if Kerry is elected......can't help but worry.....

Actually I agree with denoir in that not much is likely to change if he does. maybe if people want change they should vote these guys :P. No seriously, I think the whole election system is fucked - I mean really, in a country the size of the U.S. there are only two realistic choices? And when you get past the campaign rethoric they both seem very similar? And this silly outdated electoral college BS... crazy_o.gif

Then again, Canada's system's not much better, I worked as a poll clerk in the last election and was left somewhat less than impressed with the whole experience.

Change doesn't happen over night......and it doesn't happen at all if Bush is elected...unless regression is change...

Quote[/b] ]Wonder what will happen to th US if Kerry is elected......can't help but worry.....

Yeah. We're so safe with Bush in office, since he's managed to make a vast majority of the world hate us.

Al Quaeda attacked the US when you invaded no one, not Iraq, not Afghanistan. 9/11 showed what can happen when you least expect it, now security has been tightened.

V Good security, no one likes you

really crap security, 90% like you

i choose top one. what about you? You choose the bottom one and the 10% (Al Quaeda) can attack like before.

You know its possible to have good security without the rest of the world hating you..... rock.gif

And would you share your obviously indepth insight and tell me exactly HOW invading a country with no ability to threaten the US and no links to A-Q has improved the security of the US?

now security has been tightened.

Yeah, because the terrorists are all now in Iraq, fighting along with the Iraqi insurgents against the American occupation.

Nobody's claiming Kerry is the perfect candidate, but who has ever been? Changes don't come immediately but gradually. It's still a bit dissapointing that the last leg of the election race has sunken into hollow 'strong leadership in war on terror'-rhetorics which sadly seems to appeal to some voters while there should be enough issues on domestic policy and economy to tacle with. Wheter Bush's policy in smokescreening and chanting single, easily swallowed one-liners has worked will be seen in the next hours. On the other hand the sinister part of me wants Bush to win just to see what crazy stuff he's going to pull on his next possible 4-year trek but then again this are serious issue and should be decided with reasoning.

But I trust my distant relatives in Alabama did their duty and voted for Kerry. biggrin_o.gif

now security has been tightened.

Yeah, because the terrorists are all now in Iraq, fighting along with the Iraqi insurgents against the American occupation.

Well, at least America is safer as long as the terrorists are being given a better target... Isn't that the point? crazy_o.gif

You know its possible to have good security without the rest of the world hating you..... rock.gif

You wouldnt of said a few days after 9/11 would you?

ok security, not stepped up in anyway, not invaded anyone. Yet two planes with hijackers manage to fly in the Twin Towers.

All the world problems could be solved in the matter of a few weeks if it was all that simple.

-edit- I'm having a good laugh right now.

If Bush wins, i will move to Oz, change my name to "Mad Max" and await the pending post nuclear apoloypse.... tounge_o.gif

Al Quaeda attacked the US when you invaded no one, not Iraq, not Afghanistan. 9/11 showed what can happen when you least expect it, now security has been tightened.

i choose top one. what about you? You choose the bottom one and the 10% (Al Quaeda) can attack like before.

good point, and I agree with you I honestly could care less about what other nations think about the USA, just so long as our citizens are secure from any such attack ever happening again. I don't think we (as US citizens) should bother as to what other nations say about us. What matters is that they are not living here and their opinions and views are towards a European political mentality and not one that US citizens could care about. When it comes to our nation's sense of security, nobody should stand in our way, not even the UN

PS: You could probrably already tell, but I voted for BUSH tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Oh god not again i thought such posts were dealt with on page 1 crazy_o.gif

Get your facts straight bordoy.

AQ attacked you because you've been messing with a lot muslim countries and their affairs it was a back lash from a small hyper retarded group of people who for sometime you liked during the 80's. There were other ways to deal with them and curb their popularity but thanks to your BUSHY boy now weve got these retards gaining more influence and crawling out of the woodwork like never before. Your glorious president didnt bother to udnerstand who AQ is what they stand for what led them to do what they did and what their connection with countrys like Iraq was.

Heres a parable for your slow mind to understand for now , imagine an american a mental conservative from any religion (take christainity for e.g) coming to SA and blowing himself up in front of the King Faisaliah tower one of riyadhs tallest buildings.SO what do we do now? Make plans to invade america and europe afterall he came from there even if he didnt have anything to do with it rock.gif

Please enlighten us with your wisdom on this , but make sure its not the one your glorious Bush uses , but wait a minute he hasnt got any to enlighten us all he can do is a repeat a few emotional words get the redneck conservative crowd roaring and alls well no one waited to think or evaluate anything. Ah reminds me of somewhat this place .... crazy_o.gif

ok security, not stepped up in anyway, not invaded anyone. Yet two planes with hijackers manage to fly in the Twin Towers.

Actually i would have said that. I wouldnt have said "lets invade iraq, because they are obviously the people behind this" like George Bush did, and i wouldnt have said that making everyone hate you just so you can imagine that youve somehow improved your security was a good idea.

You dont get it do you. Explain to me, please, how invading Iraq has improved US security.

Oh and improving your countrys intelligence assests and internal defences doesnt make anyone hate you more, but its more effective at protecting your country than invading another country with no actual links to 9/11.

@ Nov. 02 2004,21:31)]

good point, and I agree with you I honestly could care less about what other nations think about the USA, just so long as our citizens are secure from any such attack ever happening again. I don't think we (as US citizens) should bother as to what other nations say about us. What matters is that they are not living here and their opinions and views are towards a European political mentality and not one that US citizens could care about. When it comes to our nation's sense of security, nobody should stand in our way, not even the UN

PS: You could probrably already tell, but I voted for BUSH  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Ahh yes the typical redneck bushite, doesnt care about anyone but Americans. If they dont have white skin and speak english...fuck em....right?

Its people with attitudes like yours that end up in other people flying planes into tall buildings in response....

Oh and again, tell me how Bush has made your country safer? I mean, now the anti american muslim extremists have gone from a tiny minority to a sizeable minority, but hell, as long as they arent killing on American soil its great isnt it?

@ Nov. 02 2004,21:31)]

PS: You could probrably already tell, but I voted for BUSH  tounge_o.gif  wink_o.gif

Ahh yes the typical redneck bushite, doesnt care about anyone but Americans. If they dont have white skin and speak english...fuck em....right?

Its people with attitudes like yours that end up in other people flying planes into tall buildings in response....

Shut up you european liberal,pinko commie bastage tounge_o.gif

Actually i would have said that. I wouldnt have said "lets invade iraq, because they are obviously the people behind this" like George Bush did, and i wouldnt have said that making everyone hate you just so you can imagine that youve somehow improved your security was a good idea.

You dont get it do you. Explain to me, please, how invading Iraq has improved US security.

Oh and improving your countrys intelligence assests and internal defences doesnt make anyone hate you more, but its more effective at protecting your country than invading another country with no actual links to 9/11.

After 9/11, surely you must of known security has been tightened or you living in a box?

You got sky marshals in case of a repeat of 9/11, where were they before.

He said "lets invade afghanistan" not Iraq.

redneck? I have you know that I was a cadet in NJROTC reached the rank of O-3, was in for 4 years, reached the position of executive officer for our company, graduated high school.... And now i'm in college studying civil engineering. And I don't think that the opinions and biased views of the European public is a deciding factor in my nation's foreign policy and I trust that this thread will lead to flamebaiting.

LOL...

"OMG HE CRITISED AMERICA.....must be a liberal/commie/pinko/peacenik/muslim/al queda sympathiser!" (delete as appropriate )

CALM DOWN

If you guys can't be civilized I might just close this thread down till after the elections are over and the votes are tallied. Knowing the American political process, that could take weeks. So chill.

Quote[/b] ]If Bush wins, i will move to Oz, change my name to "Mad Max" and await the pending post nuclear apoloypse....

Hopefully you'll be joined by all those Hollywood 'tards who said kinda the same thing last time, but didn't follow thru...

Quote[/b] ]YES!

Bush big winner in........................

I knew it!

Guam gets a vote? I guess I really don't have any idea what Guam or Puerto Rico's relation to the US is....

Quote[/b] ]maybe if people want change they should vote these guys :P.

Lol! XD

Quote[/b] ]I mean really, in a country the size of the U.S. there are only two realistic choices? And when you get past the campaign rethoric they both seem very similar? And this silly outdated electoral college BS...

Yeah, I don't really like the two-party system either... I won't say much more on that. But I have heard some good arguments for the electoral college system, and when you look at it, there have only been a few times when a candidate has won the election, but his oppenent had more votes. When you look at it that way, the benefits might outweigh the problems of the EC.

@Last few posts...

Ah yes, more of that great respect and compassion for your fellow human being. I guess name calling is a true progressive value...

Typical liberal... anyone who doesn't agree with your extremist views must be a racist/redneck/uneducated/uncultured.