Sign in to follow this  
Koolkid101

Bible code? i'm sorta alarmed

Quote[/b] ] I hope you will respect others with a different view.

LOL i know your an old forum user here but by now you should realize that 'many' people on this board havent got any respect for religion or "GOD" , i mean its not to hard to find posts here mocking "GOD". Its ironic though because at the same time you have comments such as "i respect other peoples belief" popping up too biggrin_o.gif

Hi! Interesting discussion! Okay, i'll add some stuff, just for the record wink_o.gif
Quote[/b] ]Matthew 24:34

Truly I tell you, this generation will not pass away until all

these things have taken place.

Im afraid you forgot to write the verses before 34.

Quote[/b] ]Matthew 24:

32) Now learn this parable from the fig tree:

When it's branch has already become tender

and puts forth leaves, you know that summer

is near.

33) So you also, when you see all these things,

know that it is near - at the doors.

The fig tree symbolizes the state of Israel. And "When its branch has already become tender and puts forth leaves" symbolizes Its (Israel) restoration (1948)

smile_o.gif

As for the "bible code" Well i haven't read it, and cant comment on that. But im a bit sceptic smile_o.gif

I'm sorry but I don't see the relevance of this as 'out of context' at all.

The whole chapter goes on and on about all these things that will happen, he gives an example of a fig tree being a symbol of things being about to happen, then continues on and says the rest of the things he claimed will happen will happen before the generation he is talking to has gone.

Not out of context at all.

Its ironic though because at the same time you have comments such as "i respect other peoples belief" popping up too biggrin_o.gif

There is no reason to respect nonsense. Respect the person, not the bullshit he comes out with.

Its ironic though because at the same time you have comments such as "i respect other peoples belief" popping up too  biggrin_o.gif

There is no reason to respect nonsense.  Respect the person, not the bullshit he comes out with.

Nonsense well thats another perspective thing ....

What are you trying to say here that respect the person but dont respect his belief as it is bullshit to you?

Thank you for re-instating my point wink_o.gif

What are you trying to say here that respect the person but dont respect his belief as it is bullshit to you?

Thank you for re-instating my point wink_o.gif

No, its not a perspective thing.

Its not a perspective thing that the world is not flat: it simply isn't. (no matter what the bible OT says)

Its not a perspective thing that gravity is not the result of gravity fairies.

Its not a perspective thing that the sun does not go round the earth.

Anyone saying those things is speaking bullshit.

End of line.

It's not bullshit 'to me' - its just bullshit.

Quote[/b] ]The whole chapter goes on and on about all these things that will happen, he gives an example of a fig tree being a symbol of things being about to happen, then continues on and says the rest of the things he claimed will happen will happen before the generation he is talking to has gone.

Matt 24:

3-31 explains what will happen.

32-36 expains witch generation he means.

37-51 continues to explaining what will happen.

Edit:

Quote[/b] ]no matter what the bible OT says

Well, what does it say?

smile_o.gif

Thank you for re-instating my point  wink_o.gif

No, its not a perspective thing.

Its not a perspective thing that the world is not flat: it simply isn't. (no matter what the bible OT says)

Its not a perspective thing that gravity is not the result of gravity fairies.

Its not a perspective thing that the sun does not go round the earth.

Anyone saying those things is speaking bullshit.

End of line.

It's not bullshit 'to me' - its just bullshit.

Yes you correct on that now that is bullshit but i wasnt explicitly talking about that.

We were talking about belief as a whole , and not specific sci-fi details biggrin_o.gif

Matt 24:

...by saying '

Quote[/b] ]This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

What part of that is too hard to understand?

He also says that he will return before they can "go over the cities of Israel." Later (24:14) he says he will not come until the gospel is preached throughout the world. Well, his disciples went over the cities of Israel and then died waiting for the "return of the Lord." Now, nearly 2000 years later, and long after the gospel had been preached throughout the world, his followers still wait.

Just face it.

Quote[/b] ]
Quote[/b] ]no matter what the bible OT says

Well, what does it say?

smile_o.gif

Isaiah 11:12

And he shall set up an ensign for the nations, and shall assemble the outcasts of Israel, and gather together the dispersed of Judah from the four corners of the earth.

Isaiah 40:22

It is he that sitteth upon the circle of the earth, and the inhabitants thereof are as grasshoppers; that stretcheth out the heavens as a curtain, and spreadeth them out as a tent to dwell in

Ezekiel 7:2

Also, thou son of man, thus saith the Lord GOD unto the land of Israel; An end, the end is come upon the four corners of the land.

Matthew 4:8

Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; (only possible if the earth is flat)

Revelation 7:1

And after these things I saw four angels standing on the four corners of the earth, holding the four winds of the earth, that the wind should not blow on the earth, nor on the sea, nor on any tree.

"This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled."

And for the third time. with THIS he refears to the fig tree generation...

Quote[/b] ]

From the four corners of the earth.

I do not have time to write now, so i'll quote smile_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Some Bible critics have claimed that Revelation 7:1 assumes a flat earth since the verse refers to angels standing at the "four corners" of the earth. Actually, the reference is to the cardinal directions: north, south, east, and west. Similar terminology is often used today when we speak of the sun's rising and setting, even though the earth, not the sun, is doing the moving. Bible writers used the "language of appearance," just as people always have. Without it, the intended message would be awkward at best and probably not understood clearly. [DD]

In the Old Testament, Job 26:7 explains that the earth is suspended in space, the obvious comparison being with the spherical sun and moon. [DD]

A literal translation of Job 26:10 is "He described a circle upon the face of the waters, until the day and night come to an end." A spherical earth is also described in Isaiah 40:21-22 - "the circle of the earth."

Proverbs 8:27 also suggests a round earth by use of the word circle (e.g., New King James Bible and New American Standard Bible). If you are overlooking the ocean, the horizon appears as a circle. This circle on the horizon is described in Job 26:10. The circle on the face of the waters is one of the proofs that the Greeks used for a spherical earth. Yet here it is recorded in Job, ages before the Greeks discovered it. Job 26:10 indicates that where light terminates, darkness begins. This suggests day and night on a spherical globe. [JSM]

The Hebrew record is the oldest, because Job is one of the oldest books in the Bible. Historians generally [wrongly] credit the Greeks with being the first to suggest a spherical earth. In the sixth century B.C., Pythagoras suggested a spherical earth. [JSM]

Eratosthenes of Alexandria (circa 276 to 194 or 192 B.C.) calcuated the circumference of the earth "within 50 miles of the present estimate." [Encyclopedia Brittanica]

The Greeks also drew meridians and parallels. They identified such areas as the poles, equator, and tropics. This spherical earth concept did not prevail; the Romans drew the earth as a flat disk with oceans around it. [JSM]

The round shape of our planet was a conclusion easily drawn by watching ships disappear over the horizon and also by observing eclipse shadows, and we can assume that such information was well known to New Testament writers. Earth's spherical shape was, of course, also understood by Christopher Columbus. [DD]

The implication of a round earth is seen in the book of Luke, where Jesus described his return, Luke 17:31. Jesus said, "In that day," then in verse 34, "In that night." This is an allusion to light on one side of the globe and darkness on the other simultaneously. [JSM]

"When the Bible touches on scientific subjects, it is entirely accurate." [DD]

You just prove a point.

It says the world is round and not flat,and that the earth moves around the sun. And that it has always been so in the bible, but we critics interpret it wrongly. If your article says what I think it does

Why then did the Church ban all heliocentric beliefs, and only admitted their wrong somewhere late in the 20th century?

Either you can't interpret it, and hence quit claiming you can whenever it fits.

Or you can admit it's just a bunch of vague passages, which are to be interpreted however you wish.

Matt 24:

37-51 continues to explaining what will happen.

Written by pedophile Catholics in Rome.

but-satan-225.gif