Sign in to follow this  
DaSquade

Kenworth truck & trailer pack

Hi,

We (Delta & me) decided to tell you guys about our project: Kenworth truck & trailer pack.

First of all, Delta is project leader, i just recently joined him and helping out with texturing and other stuff.

The plan: we will try to make a Truck & Trailer pack based on a Kenworth truck and a few trailers. The goal is to make 2 or 3 versions of the Kenworth trucks. Maybee other versions will be made, but all will be based on the same type. The pack will also contain several trailers. Where thinking about 3 or 4 versions. All depending on overall progress.

For the moment the pack is still in very early stage, but we are making progress. Unfortunatly, we could use HELP. So if anybody wants to help us out, plz PM me or contact Delta (project leader) at smoothbore120@hotmail.com

Any advice, suggestions and help are welcome!!  wink_o.gif

Some pics of the work in progress:

T&Tpack.jpg

T&Tpack2.jpg

T&Tpack3.jpg

Anyway, first of all we want to make 1 working variation (truck & trailer). Other versions will follow soon, since most of it will be based on it.

You mean something like this?  biggrin_o.gif  My old M1070

Anyway, for the moment pack will only contain non-military truck and trailers. But maybee i will add my 1070 in the pack later.  tounge_o.gif  But i guess the transport function isn't possible (jet).

Anyway, for the moment pack will only contain non-military truck and trailers. But maybee i will add my 1070 in the pack later.  tounge_o.gif  But i guess the transport function isn't possible (jet).

yes that looks nice maybe you add it you must for sure add that model m8 wink_o.gif

Looks great. Can't wait for this...finally!!

Very nice!

Will there be different versions of the trailer? Like an "open" one? Will there be a cargo script added? Would be really nice to transport some smaller Tanks (M60, M2A2) with this nice truck!

Looking forward to it smile_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS

@MEDICUS: if we have 1 working comination (for the moment 1 truck and 1 "RENTAL" (box) trailer), we are planning to make different versions of trailers, but most of then will be based on the same frame (to reduce extra work  sad_o.gif ). We were thinking of a "RENTAL" (box) version, "COMMERCIAL" version (logo version of box trailer), an "OPEN" version (so without the trailer box). We were also thinking of making a fuel tank version, but once again: all depends on overall progress (or changes). But since this is Delta's project it's not up to me to make that decision (jet) smile_o.gif

About the cargo: for the moment no "vehicle" transport  crazy_o.gif  or cargo features at all. Maybee we could work out some kind of cargo (box or other stuff) layout through hidden selections. But we didn't decided a thing jet about that. In fact the hole "random" stuff (hidden selections) is still new for me (and Delta), but we have a few ideas about random stuff like: trailer numbers, license plates (maybee), signs, logos ...ext. But if somebody knows more about it (what's the best method...?).

The "Cargo"-Option was just an idea. Would be a nice feature (ok .. a hugh nice feature  smile_o.gif ) but i see, that it's not so easy to make it. I've now idea of making models and things like that, i'm just glad to use your (that stands for all addon/mod makers) great addons in my MPMissions.

Random logos, trailer numbers, signs etc would be very cool!  smile_o.gif

Question:

Will it be possible to enter the trailer (if the truck/trailer doesn't move) and walk arround in it? Would be great for missions! Hiding in the trailer for an ambush etc  tounge_o.gif

Keep it on! Looking forward to it!!

Mfg MEDICUS

Looking great . I waited very long for somebady who make truck like this.

... and if you make it would you like making one versions of your truck for this funy idea ?

MACKf1.jpg

MACKf2.JPG

MACKf3.JPG

MACKf4.JPG

MACKf5.JPG

MACKf6.JPG

MACKf7.JPG

MACKf8.JPG

Heh i saw that at a airshow .... it blew a vw beetle to bits  wink_o.gif

You could ask the maker of the pack-mule for his cargo script??? and ask bas for their vehical script and change it a little???(the one they used on their cargo helo) i dont know if those would work but its better than nothing i guess...

DaSquade why did you stopped working on this project? rock.gif

Looks realy good, there is nothing like a transport truck.

Anyway the other truck looks nice keep up the good work wink_o.gif

Nice work Dasquade, you have messaged me I believe about towing and such,so hasn't alot of people its so hard to remember.You need help I am here,I prefer that its ingame if I help you.

I been thinking about towing the trailer and still having the opening doors,not sure that can happen (basically pivot animate the whole trailer)

The doors maybe could be done with hidden selections tho.

If I saw it and had it in my hands and was working with it,I am sure I will brainstorm better solutions

ttyl

@SILESIAN : a "race" version is on the TO DO list , but once again this isn't my desicion (Delta). We are thinking about it, but to give you an honest answer: not for the moment  sad_o.gif .

@Ironsight: (why you stoped working on the M1070). Didn't stop that (project of me), just put on hold, since i decided to help out Delta first (mainly with texturing the trailers and truck and all the other stuff i know).

Oh, Delta decided not to include the M1070 in the TRUCK TRAILER pack (anyway, the truck trailer pack is a good practice for me anyway.....and Delta promised  tounge_o.gif  to help me once the pack is done). Also i don't know the M1070 project is RL possible (visual tank transport..ext).

@Bratty: thanks for the reply (and help offer?)  tounge_o.gif  Understand you have tons of work yourself, but any help/sugg. could help us. blues.gif

Oh, it's the T2000, i thought it was the T900. I've seen these trucks. I've also seen the millinium Kenworth...looks like a dodge ram on steriods. I'd like to make this truck, but it's hard to get information on them since they are new.

The racing version, i'd love to do and i know da squad would love to do it too, but the thing is we got so many things going on with scripting, textureing and configing a realistic, normal version, so we might not have any time to do a racing version. What i'd like to do though is after the trucks are complete, release the models (unbinzared) and textures along with information about the truck so other talented addon maker can make thier own trucks and then we can focus on making more different trucks, like the Peterbuilt T2000, or a Frieghtliner. Alot of trucks in real life are different because thier owners customize them.

We're also looking at makeing a Texas DPS State Trooper (state police) and getting more real American vehicles out there. maybe even a Texas island(Much less a US map for the first time in Ofp history). U will not beleive how hard it is to drive a 18-wheeler through europe! lol I live in Texas, so i got great resouces that i like to use in order to make American stuff. But right now these are just dreams, but the Kenworth is coming true as u can see. If we can get more help or maybe form a new team to create these things. Right now, we only got about 3-4 ppl working on this, so we need more help in order to bring these trucks to the ofp community.

Bahahahaha... 75th!!

In denial wacks? rock.gif

Textures look good, keep up the good work.

I don't know which ones the t2000 or what, but i do know both Kenworth and Peterbuilt has millinium models. They're new and i don't know much about them. I've seen the new peterbuilt first hand in my town, but not the Kenworth. I don't much of Kenworths...maybe they're too expensive.

@Delta Hawk/DaSquade  Thx for answear - Can you make this race version or not its still great project for me and you have right that we need much more the normal version ( race is only for fun - but very nice fun).

I cant wait for your truck  smile_o.gif