Sign in to follow this  
AirwolfPL

Airwolf mod's updated hughes 500 pack (v1.7)

- 13 versions of the chopper (various paint schemes and armament variants - most of them created as response to requests I received after release of the first pack)

- Bugfixes and improvements

h500_01.jpg   h500_02.jpg   h500_03.jpg

h500_04.jpg

h500_05.jpg   h500_06.jpg   h500_07.jpg

Don't ask what the heck the "Tu-36 Dodger" chopper is. If you are not hardcore fan of the Airwolf series, you probably won't understand it ;P

awmh500_v17.zip (13.5MB)

awmh500_v17_readme.txt

Wohoo! Looking really nice. I am downloading NOW biggrin_o.gif

Great to see more military looking choppers, very nice.

GREAT!!!!!!!

Very glad to see your still working on this mod...

In fact I'm totally out of time, and the mod is in stasis...

It won't be released in the form we planned before (full blown campaign etc), but we'll try to finish addons and release them anyways...

That's good to hear. As long as there are a few good missions made for these great addons, I'm sure all of the Airwolf fans will be very happy.

Keep up the good work!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

Great work Airwolf mod, on the textures in particular. Love the TV camera model!

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Cool, it's great to see multiple camo schemes and liveries for this very common military and civilian chopper.

Nice smile_o.gif

Seems to me the TU 34 is Hollywood's lame attempt at making a Russian gunship. They did the same in Rambo 2 & 3, revamping a Super Puma and calling it a Hind-D.

rambo03.jpg

mi-24_2.jpg

Hmmm...

Could you explain (briefly) what the TU36 Dodger is?  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

its a burning pile of rubble that lay on the sands of the desert island aflame due to my wrath biggrin_o.gif and thats all you need to know tounge_o.gif

Seems to me the TU 34 is Hollywood's lame attempt at making a Russian gunship. They did the same in Rambo 2 & 3, revamping a Super Puma and calling it a Hind-D.

bahhh. Bad as Top gun. They were using F-5s and callings them Migs tounge_o.gif

Love the Choppers really i do. The Highway Patrol especialy its to bad that no search lights can be inserted but it looks very awesome biggrin_o.gif , but what do you expect from the Airwolf Mod biggrin_o.gif

bahhh. Bad as Top gun. They were using F-5s and callings them Migs

They do do that in real life wink_o.gif

The Navy Top Gun schools have a set of F-5 Tigers and sometimes F-16's that they paint up in "Eastern Bloc" style camoflague, with Eastern style serial numbers etc, and use them as "Aggressor" trainers, which simulate the enemy forces for more "realistic" flying training.

Great work AW, thanks for sharing!

/Christer (a.k.a KeyCat)

DM hit the nail on the head. We don't exactly have a stockpile of MiG29s we can just throw up there.

DM hit the nail on the head. We don't exactly have a stockpile of MiG29s we can just throw up there.

[off topic]Actually, you do or did. But they are in or at least the last time I heard, in an un-airworthy condition.

Quote[/b] ]Saturday November 29, 1997 - 11:00 PM

The USAF recently purchased 21 MiG-29's from Moldova, in order to prevent their acquisition by Iran. It is believed the aircraft will be put to good use in DACT (Dissimilar Air Combat Training) exercises. Most airframes are Fulcrum-Cs, although some -Bs and -As were also purchased. The -C models are capable of nuclear delivery and will be thoroughly examined at Wright-Patterson before beginning operations late next year. It is expected that the MiG-29s will replace some of the F-16s currently used in the aggressor role.

From http://www.f-16.net/f-16_news_article402.html

Also:http://www.wpafb.af.mil/naic/history/moldovia/mig29.html

Then theres the examples captured during Gulf War One, as well as a single example that Germany gave to the US at around the same time.

[/off topic]

Airwolf herself is also looking very sweet - can't wait to take her for a spin. 'til then, guess I'll just have to play my cello and look moody  wink_o.gif

..when she is done, is there any chance you'd defect to the darkside and give us...

blue_thunder2.jpg

?

Here's a really useful link showing the assembly and painting of a Blue Thunder model, including the cockpit. Op Frenchpoint already have a perfect Gazelle...

http://www.hkngallery.org.uk/hkngall....ocument

Cheers,

Cornhelium

Airwolf herself is also looking very sweet - can't wait to take her for a spin. 'til then, guess I'll just have to play my cello and look moody  wink_o.gif

as a place holder and just to mess around u can always use the german airwolf helo that was released some time ago. you would have to modify the config/scripts so its in english. but it does as a nice place holder til this mod releases thiers smile_o.gif

thanks AW mod for releasing the addons that u have and finsih the ones that u are making and releasing to us instead of just shuting down the whole mod and not releasing anything like 89% of most mods do

PS: and thanks for not makin it one of those pain in the butt 'total conversions' either biggrin_o.gif

pack 1 of these helis was very good, pack 1.7 is excellent, great job Airwolf PL, i love all versions, especially that TV heli smile_o.gif

Already happy seeing what looks to be more OH-6s in this pack, downloading now sounds like kick add addon pack..

The 500C series choppers are cool I'm a happy camper now. shocked one didn't end up in Magnum PI colors seeing were going for the retro TV show choppers, maybe once I'm more comfortable with skinning I'll give it a try. The 500Ds were a blast also much appriciated for producing them and releasing them as the Civilian side starts to get a bit more substance to have fun with. TV newe team to buz combat forces and hit high tenssion power lines. ;P