Sign in to follow this  
colonel_klink

Fishing boats

Update on the Police launch:

Creating the damage/sinking versions of it as soon as the interior is finished.

Question: This needs armament. I'm thinking of a .50 cal on the bridge next to the driver. Any comment?

launch3.jpg

Nice, very cool Klink

A m60 looks fine for me on a Police boat, very easy to use, Lightweight, Easy place so the best weapon in fact for police boats.

biggrin_o.gif

a PKM maybe to make it look "local colors"

or a FN-MAG ......

I saw yesterday a movie which had a lifeguard boat in it(Hard Action Movie)they used a M240 Portable Machine Gun biggrin_o.gif

and the HELO's used a M60 Modifiëd version biggrin_o.gif

would be nice to have a MG mounted on the forecastle as some1 said, but with the 'armour surround' thingy around it like on the PK on the Russian Boat.... that would look dandy smile_o.gif

Update:

The next release of the fishing boats has a number of new features. The most significant of these is the ability to rescue downed pilots using the included fishing boat and police launch. Experiments have been done using an init command line and many helicopters (BIS, etc) have been tested to rescue downed pilots (guys in life vests)with excellent results.

The police launch now has the ability to deploy and retrieve  a small zodiac inflatable as well as two 6-man life rafts.

Further scripting is required to get AI to function properly. As for MP I will place the addon into far more capable hands than mine.

95% finished Police launch

polLaunch.jpg

3-man zodiac

polzodiac.jpg

Beta 6-man life raft

raft2.jpg

omg, the first time I saw that picture of the police launch ,I thought it was a realife photograph!

well hell, all we need now is Rescue Hoist from choppers

nice to hear the news Klink

Try this it is in his signature. I belive that is the official website of Colonel Klink biggrin_o.gif

Like boats Colonel Klink ? smile_o.gif  do you have your own site ?

I have an interest in boats, but as making addons is concerned there are no one vehicle types that I prefer.

I used to make r/l models for a model railroad so the interest in 3d virtual models comes from there.

Yep that link that GoOb gave is to my site.

No updates apart from the fact I'm adding strobe lights to the life raft for at sea detection.

Still a bit to do with the sea rescue scripts but it is getting a lot closer to re-release.

... but it is getting a lot closer to re-release.

Very good news, Colonel_Klink!

Arrrrrrrrrr!  tounge_o.gif

Mfg MEDICUS