Sign in to follow this  
ralphwiggum

The Iraq thread 3

Hey Rishon , just for the record and so that people know. Not long ago you wrote this:
Quote[/b] ]Out of the Months I spent there, I only got shot at three times. If 70% of them hated us, we'd be screwed.

Now you write:

Quote[/b] ]Ok, my brother has BEEN to Iraq, as a soldier, so I think he knows a BIT more than you about this.

What is it now ? You have been to Iraq ? Your brother is in Iraq ? Noone of you is in Iraq ?

I also assume your job description in the military job thread is faked too, right ?

I just don´t think it´s ok to lie at us here at the forums. If you do, your reputation is down before it even evolves.

Think about it.

Please.  rock.gifmad_o.gif

Yes I have been to Iraq, but my main occupation at the time was not talking to Iraqi's and Training them, sure I patroled Baghdad, but I never wanted to talk to them.

Don't call me a faker. I consider that offensive, I've  been shot at numerous times and to be called a faker by someone who's most probraby never even been shot at, is offensive. Do me a favor and shut up, I don't need to hear this from paranoic "OMG, He's a Poser!" People. Next time you ask me something don't expect an Answer. You disgust me.  mad_o.gif

First off, it does seem odd that first you mention yourself and later on your brother, it would have been natural to say "My brother and I", so it's very natural to question it. Instead of being pissy why don't you try to provide us with something that would prove you and/or your brother have been there? Because right now it just looks like you're pissed that your cover got blown.

Second, if you had been here for any amount of time you would know that Balshoiw HAS been in combat, and HAS been shot at.

Pictures are great, we like to see pictures here at FP1985. tounge_o.gif Most soldiers coming back from Iraq have some photos coming back with em, lets see one. biggrin_o.gif

Hey Rishon , just for the record and so that people know. Not long ago you wrote this:
Quote[/b] ]Out of the Months I spent there, I only got shot at three times. If 70% of them hated us, we'd be screwed.

Now you write:

Quote[/b] ]Ok, my brother has BEEN to Iraq, as a soldier, so I think he knows a BIT more than you about this.

What is it now ? You have been to Iraq ? Your brother is in Iraq ? Noone of you is in Iraq ?

I also assume your job description in the military job thread is faked too, right ?

I just don´t think it´s ok to lie at us here at the forums. If you do, your reputation is down before it even evolves.

Think about it.

Please. rock.gifmad_o.gif

Yes I have been to Iraq, but my main occupation at the time was not talking to Iraqi's and Training them, sure I patroled Baghdad, but I never wanted to talk to them.

Don't call me a faker. I consider that offensive, I've been shot at numerous times and to be called a faker by someone who's most probraby never even been shot at, is offensive. Do me a favor and shut up, I don't need to hear this from paranoic "OMG, He's a Poser!" People. Next time you ask me something don't expect an Answer. You disgust me. mad_o.gif

First off, it does seem odd that first you mention yourself and later on your brother, it would have been natural to say "My brother and I", so it's very natural to question it. Instead of being pissy why don't you try to provide us with something that would prove you and/or your brother have been there? Because right now it just looks like you're pissed that your cover got blown.

Second, if you had been here for any amount of time you would know that Balshoiw HAS been in combat, and HAS been shot at.

Well, I didn't know that he had been in combat, for that I apologize. I won't give you proof, as I have none, but, I don't care what you people think or not. I messed up writing a bit, and I guess it is natural to question it. But, as I said, I don't care what you think, you can believe me or not. If you think this reason enough to believe I am not a soldier, thats fine. If you think I am a Soldier. You believe me, cool. It's that simple.

Quote[/b] ] But, as I said, I don't care what you think

From now on i shouldn't care about what you think?

Well ,won't be much of a change....  tounge_o.gif

In any case ,you were very fast to call in youre war veteran brother just to make me shut up about a point i was wanting to make ,so did you use youre own alleged experiences to try to force youre points onto others.

Whether or not youre a real Iraq vet ,such forms of conduct in debate won't spawn much respect by others posted ,as mentioned by others.

Quote[/b] ] But, as I said, I don't care what you think

From now on i shouldn't care about what you think?

Well ,won't be much of a change.... tounge_o.gif

In any case ,you were very fast to call in youre war veteran brother just to make me shut up about a point i was wanting to make ,so did you use youre own alleged experiences to try to force youre points onto others.

Whether or not youre a real Iraq vet ,such forms of conduct in debate won't spawn much respect by others posted ,as mentioned by others.

lol, Seriously, I could post some pictures, but Pictures are forgeable. I don't want anyone to go off on a tangent with "Hey, you stole thost pictures!". It's just not worth it. I brought up my own experiences to use as evidence but, I suppose that was to my own downfall.

Well ,you could always give youre name ,unit ,rank ,number ,place of opperation and lentgh ,etc. and their might be someone here that can check that actually up ,i mean there are enough war veterans on this forum to conquer the likes of Bhutan or Micronesia.

And you could give information that mostly only soldiers know ,as war veteran their must be sureenough thing's you know off that mostly only soldiers will know ,little details...

Quote[/b] ]I brought up my own experiences to use as evidence but, I suppose that was to my own downfall.

I really must have missed that as you never posted any detailed experiences. In fact you told nonsense. A lot of it.

Yes, I´m sure now that you´ve never been to Iraq. You contradict yourself just too often. And your knowledge on Iraq, I hate to say it, is zero. Even a guy with some motivation to use Google would come up with more knowledge about the situation in Iraq than you.

I guess you´ve just proven my suspicion.

Quote[/b] ]you can believe me or not

Not. It´s the only option that makes sense.

Quote[/b] ]I've been shot at numerous times

Again, taking your own words it sounds different...

Quote[/b] ]Out of the Months I spent there, I only got shot at three times

Maybe you just do us a favour and read what you have written not long ago, before you answer posts. It´s funny that I remember your posts better than you...

Yes I am sure you´re a faker. And it´s wasting time talking to a liar. I just don´t do that and I know other forum members also don´t appreciate such.

It´s just a waste of time and forum-space.

something that is not right...i though Iraq was peaceful place....

top.blood.van.ap.jpg

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/07/24/iraq.main/index.html

Quote[/b] ]BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Insurgents struck targets in the Baghdad area in separate incidents Saturday, kidnapping the chief of an Iraqi construction firm, killing two Iraqi police officers; attempting to kill an official and sabotaging an oil pipeline, an Interior Ministry spokesman said.

Gunmen seized Raad Adnan, the director-general of the al-Mansour Contracting Co., shortly before 10 a.m. on al-Rubaie Street in the Zeiouna district of Baghdad, Col. Adnan Abdul Rahman said.

The company is run by the Ministry of Housing and Construction.

Adnan's kidnapping is the latest in a series of abductions. It comes as negotiators worked to free seven truck drivers and a high-ranking Egyptian diplomat, who were kidnapped in recent days. (Full story)

The two Iraqi police officers were killed and five wounded in an attack at a checkpoint in western Baghdad, an Interior Ministry spokesman said.

All casualties were taken to the Yarmouk Hospital for treatment.

South of the Iraqi capital, insurgents attacked a two-car convoy carrying an Iraqi Interior Ministry official, killing two of his bodyguards, Rahman said.

Gunmen drove past the convoy shortly before 8 a.m. and fired on the vehicles as they traveled between Latifiya and Mahmoudiya.

The official -- identified only as Raad -- was not hurt in the attack, Rahman said.

The chief of police for western Baghdad was traveling in the other vehicle in the convoy and also escaped with no injuries, Rahman said.

Rahman said insurgents bombed a section of an oil pipeline north of Baghdad early Saturday, triggering a fire.

The bomb was planted under the pipeline between Dour and Samarra in Salhuddin province, he said.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,126971,00.html

Quote[/b] ]

Saddam Writing Poetry, Gardening

Monday, July 26, 2004

LONDON — Saddam Hussein (search) appears depressed and demoralized in solitary confinement, spending his time writing poetry, tending a garden and reading the Quran (search), according to a report published Monday in The Guardian newspaper.

One of Saddam's poems is about George Bush, though the report did not specify whether that referred to President Bush or his father, Saddam's foe in the 1991 Gulf War (search).

The newspaper quoted Bakhtiar Amin, the human rights minister in the new Iraqi government, who said he had visited Saddam's cell on Saturday. Amin said he did not speak to the former Iraqi leader.

Bakhtiar said Saddam appeared "in good health and being kept in good conditions," but he "appeared demoralized and dejected," The Guardian reported.

Saddam's air-conditioned cell in a U.S. military prison is 10 feet wide and 13 feet long, Amin said. Saddam is not allowed to mix with other prisoners.

Amin had little to report on Saddam's poetry. "One of the poems is about George Bush, but I had no time to read it," Amin said.

He reported that Saddam was being treated for high blood pressure and a chronic prostate infection, and was gaining weight after losing 11 pounds during a time when he resisted all fatty foods.

Saddam and other detainees get an MRE (meal ready to eat) breakfast, and hot food twice a day, Amin said. Dessert might include oranges, apples, pears or plums, but Saddam also likes American muffins and cookies, The Guardian quoted Amin as saying.

Saddam is not allowed newspapers, TV or radio, but has access to 145 books — mostly travel books and novels — donated by the Red Cross.

Amin said Saddam tends a garden during his daily three-hour exercise period.

"He is looking after a few bushes and shrubs and has even placed a circle of white stones around a small palm tree," said Amin. "His apparent care for his surroundings is ironic when you think he was responsible for one of the biggest ecocides when he drained the southern marshes."

Amin, a Kurd from Kirkuk, was reportedly the first member of the new Iraqi government to visit Saddam.

During his visit, Amin said he met Ali Hassan al-Majid, also known as Chemical Ali, who allegedly ordered the use of chemical weapons against Kurds in the late 1980s; Saddam's half-brother, Barzan al-Tikriti, a former intelligence chief who was Iraq's ambassador to the United Nations in Geneva until 1998; and Saddam's personal secretary, Abid Hamid Mahmud al-Tikriti.

Amin said he was approached by al-Tikriti, who was standing next to Ali Hassan al-Majid.

"Minister, what am I doing here?" Amin quoted al-Tikriti as saying. "I am not like the others, I am not like Ali Hassan al-Majid." Al-Tikriti asked that the message be passed on to Kurdish leaders and to new Iraqi Prime Minister Ayad Allawi.

"I tried to control my emotions, but to be honest I wanted to vomit," The Guardian quoted Amin as saying.

"There before me were the men responsible for the industrial pain of Iraq — mass murderers who were responsible for turning Iraq into a land of mass graves."

Makes me want to cry....

On a sidenote, according to finnish press, Saddam is rumoured to have suffered a stroke...

On a sidenote, according to finnish press, Saddam is rumoured to have suffered a stroke...

Was it a 9mm stroke? tounge_o.gif

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/07/26/iraq.main/index.html

Quote[/b] ]BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Captors in Iraq released an Egyptian diplomat Monday after declining a large ransom and citing his polite and spiritual personality as the reason for his liberation.

The Lion of God Brigades snatched Momdoh Kotb last Thursday as he was leaving a mosque. The abductors did not make any demands, but stated his kidnapping was a response to Egypt's offer to help in security matters in Iraq.

Monday afternoon, acting Egyptian Ambassador Karim Sharaf announced that Kotb arrived at the Egyptian Embassy in Baghdad at approximately 11 p.m. (3 p.m. ET).

http://www.cnn.com/2004/WORLD/meast/07/26/iraq.main/index.html

Quote[/b] ]BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- Captors in Iraq released an Egyptian diplomat Monday after declining a large ransom and citing his polite and spiritual personality as the reason for his liberation.

The Lion of God Brigades snatched Momdoh Kotb last Thursday as he was leaving a mosque. The abductors did not make any demands, but stated his kidnapping was a response to Egypt's offer to help in security matters in Iraq.

Monday afternoon, acting Egyptian Ambassador Karim Sharaf announced that Kotb arrived at the Egyptian Embassy in Baghdad at approximately 11 p.m. (3 p.m. ET).

Why exactly would they not want a Muslim and Muslim nation to help in security for Iraq? Is that not one of their beefs against America? I find that odd but very intersting that they let him go, presumably because he was a good Muslim ("spiritual")

Why exactly would they not want a Muslim and Muslim nation to help in security for Iraq? Is that not one of their beefs against America? I find that odd but very intersting that they let him go, presumably because he was a good Muslim ("spiritual")

what they want is another Taliban-esque Iraq, not Muslim Iraq led by moderates. However, the insurgents also acknowledged that there is no productive outcome by kidnapping another Muslim diplomat.

Or it could be that Egypt said they will not send or delay security force.

Egypt is not so much a problem. The Iraqis however do not trust their neighbours at all. They have dissed the offers from neighbouring countries for peace keepers. Also one should keep in mind that the Muslim/Arab countries are far from being a homogenous crowd. They can bitch in unison against external matters but it's mostly rethorics. It's very rare that they in actually manage to agree on something practical.

As for the insurgents, again, not a homogenous mass. You have the kidnapping bunch that are AQ related or AQ wannabes. It's difficult to say what they want or who exactly they are fighting. At least the western media has not been very forthcoming in reporting their objectives.

Then you have the 'regular' insurgents who attack Iraqi government officials, US troops etc They are Iraqis that fight the occupation and in their eyes a quisling government. They have all sorts of people in their ranks, ranging from former Baathists, religious factions, nationalists, patriots etc etc

In their eyes anybody collaborating with the new government are the enemy and a potential target. Hence other countries helping the new Iraqi government won't be too popular with them.

what they want is another Taliban-esque Iraq, not Muslim Iraq led by moderates. However, the insurgents also acknowledged that there is no productive outcome by kidnapping another Muslim diplomat.

Or it could be that Egypt said they will not send or delay security force.

The Taleban are not any more or less Muslim than 'moderates...' what they want may not be moderate, but its not less Muslim.

well what can u do the world is fucked so stop moaning about it and just hope for the day u die to get out of this hell hole

It is not just moaning, people discuss issues and make decisions based on hopefully more informed opinions...

Iraq suicide blast kills 51 [CNN]

Quote[/b] ]

BAGHDAD, Iraq (CNN) -- At least 51 Iraqis have been killed and more than 40 wounded in a suicide bombing at a marketplace near a police station in Baquba, according to officials.

Police recruits were waiting in line outside the station in the heart of the city Wednesday when a Toyota mini bus exploded at around 9:40 a.m. (0540 GMT).

Twenty-one passengers on board a bus passing by were all killed when the mini bus blew up, said Sa'ad al-Amalii, the director general of the Health Ministry.

Officials have said they expect the toll to rise in what has been described as the deadliest single bombing since the handover of sovereignty in late June.

One local health official put the number of wounded at 70.

The blast was so intense it shattered glass in nearby cafes, ripped facades off buildings and set fire to other vehicles, video from the scene showed.

Charred bodies littered the street as police and civilians searched to separate the living from the dead.

All health workers and emergency medical vehicles from the surrounding area have been called to Baquba's main hospital to treat the casualties, according to local health official Dr. Fa'aisa Murad.

Before ambulances arrived, the wounded were loaded into the back of pickups for the trip to the hospital.

Baquba lies about 30 miles (48 km) north of Baghdad. A mixed Sunni and Shi'ite town, Baquba has been the scene of many attacks against coalition forces.

There has been no let up in the violence since the Iraqi government took over from the U.S.-led occupation in late June, with insurgents targeting local police who are less well equipped than American troops.

The violence comes three days before a national conference with 1,000 delegates is set to begin in Baghdad on Saturday.

well what can u do the world is fucked so stop moaning about it and just hope for the day u die to get out of this hell hole

Don't tell me you signed up to the forums just to say that rock.gif

Hmmm the thing i want to know.....so many police recruits have been killed while queing outside a station, so why do they continue to let them cue up rock.gif They know that cues for joining the police are likely targets.....don't they? sad_o.gif

The Taleban are not any more or less Muslim than 'moderates...' what they want may not be moderate, but its not less Muslim.

And who are to say that, oh wise scholar? Attributing people who oppress women and ban any technology what so ever to muslims?

Hi all,glad to be back to this forum.

While I was away I sincerly hoped that when I return there will be a diferent picture of Iraq shaping,instead the same average all to familiar car bombings,soldiers,Iraqi civillians and government officials geting killed,hostage takings-pure rampage spreading across the country and an uncapable government lacking suport from the population that wants us to belive they are in firm control.

By this hour from various places across Iraq 102 lifes were forever lost.I can but ask for what?