Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

if you're willing to do the maths and work i can send you a .cpp for a diff carrier which has a working lift which might be usefull on nimitz(with a Tow Tractor)

What Tow truck are you talking about? Is there any other out there, functional, besides Bratty's? I thought his hardly worked on the Nimitz...

I was wondering why the final release never came  sad_o.gif

All Im saying is that we need more ships in OFP,

like oil tankers and that kind of commercial ships

(of course navy/marine ships too)

So please make this hangarship complete, we/I  biggrin_o.gif  need it.

In the version I have, the front1 section has some kind of weird clipping issue. There's an invisible box above the deck that blocks shots and prevents you from walking through it (unless you really try), though vehicles seem unaffected. I don't know if I have the latest one, so was this ever fixed? Beside the fact that you sometimes fall through the deck where sections meet, it's the only sizeable bug I can name.

Great addon, anyway. It's just a shame that you have to jump through hoops to make something like this, and even then it's only about half what it should be. I hope OFP2's vehicles are more like BF1942's, though I'm not expecting it.

I know that OFP2 will have walkable surfaces and shouldn't have nowheres near the geometry issues it does now (all games have geometry issues in some way)

Thats the thing,how much time should we spend on making a working carrier addon until OFP2 comes?

The Nimitz Carrier is a great addon and I salute Hawk and anyone involved for making this great addon,unfortunately its not WW2 era which I would prefer.

(USS Yorktown was used for a very long time,why didn't someone do that one first?)

<span style='font-size:12pt;line-height:100%'>Beta v0.6</span>

Not a big update, but now has internal Catapult script for use on all catapults (1-4)

Script called per;

[Plane,Carrier, Launcher#] exec "\hwk_uss_Nimitz\script\catapult.sqs"

Plane: Name of the plane to be launched

Carrier: Name of the Nimitz

Launcher#: 1-4

1 is front left

2 is front right

3 is back left

4 is back right

Thanks to unnamed for all his help on this.

USS Nimitz beta0.6 available here

A_Nimitz2.jpg

nice to see it updated only thing i wish would be to have a drivable version and one that you don't fall through the floor and it when it would be sinking you could be standing on the deck or somewhere else on the ship and watching it and feeling it go down when it starts to tilt and so tounge_o.gif

I feel like im into making a sp mission with alot of stuff to do like 4-6 objectives and some good F-18 usage air-air and air-ground biggrin_o.gif

only thing i wish would be to have a drivable version and one that you don't fall through the floor and it when it would be sinking you could be standing on the deck or somewhere else on the ship and watching it and feeling it go down when it starts to tilt and so  tounge_o.gif

no problem smile_o.gif that version should be avalible in. . .*|checks watch|* id say 8 to 10 years tounge_o.gif

in leimens terms: this ship is a miracle in itself considering engin limitaions and scripting abilities. when this first came out i spent every last minut of OFP on it.. i fell thru the deck 1% of the time. i quickly found the exact area that you fall thru on. and learned to stay away wink_o.gif

Great work!

But terrible enough I'm not home so that I can download it crazy_o.gifsad_o.gif

Great one!

Keep up ya good work.

Well in the read me it says you disabled the pilot auto eject. It still ejects you when you land. No biggie ...thx for the update biggrin_o.gif

im locking for a good misson for the hwk_uss_Nimitz

plz post a download link for a misson

thz

can some pls send me addon over msn coz when i download this addon it whant work(it comes up blank when i open with powerdesk pls help me

Great job Gnat!!!

However I have two problems with this addon. One is that when beginning any mission, it leaves me the following error message:  

Quote[/b] ]'_guner7 = (Units _groupAA) select (Count Units _groupAA - 1) | #| ': Error dividing Zero  

I think that this can be fixed with the following thing  

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_guner7 = (Units _groupAA) select ((Count (Units _groupAA)) - 1)  

Please correct me if I am wrong. Or tell me why this happens.  

The other one is that when any unit walks on the platform that is exactly behind the catapult number 4, beside the airplane elevator, a hole exists and everybody who walks in that area falls toward the sea. I believe that this was already reported. I wanted to know if some solution has been thought for this.

One is that when beginning any mission, it leaves me the following error message:  

Quote[/b] ]'_guner7 = (Units _groupAA) select (Count Units _groupAA - 1) | #| ': Error dividing Zero  

I think that this can be fixed with the following thing  

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_guner7 = (Units _groupAA) select ((Count (Units _groupAA)) - 1)  

Please correct me if I am wrong. Or tell me why this happens.  

Ok, I have just discovered why this happens.  

The matter is that in the script buid.sqs the following thing is declared  

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">_groupAA = group nimitz

And I had named the carrier as nimitz, this brings conflicts as you can see. So already you know, you cannot use the name nimitz with this addon. Changes are not needed in the script.

Quote[/b] ]And I had named the carrier as nimitz, this brings conflicts as you can see. So already you know, you cannot use the name nimitz with this addon. Changes are not needed in the script.

Your supposed to create a infantry guy called Nimitz and place him out of the way or even in the conning tower. His group is used so the AA guns can be manned automatically when the Nimitz is created. If you call yourself Nimitz you should be able to command the guns.

Cant remember seeing this in the readme btw, think it was in a post here or at OFPEC.

You could fix it so you dont need to have a man called Nimitz, but you would have to fill the positions yourself. You could add some more scripts to the Nimntz to make it a bit easier.

Good point ..... made the usual assumption that most people would have read the forum about manning the armourments ......... #1 rule, never assume.

Sorry folks ...... I'll try including ALL that important info in the next readme ....

And going from unnamed's suggestion, maybe I should look at the manning/armourment scripts ..... make them simpler.

OH! just realised one small bug if you were using multiple ships on a map .... you can only have one guy named "nimitz" !! smile_o.gif oops. (thats wasnt my code)

In the meantime ....

<span style='font-size:13pt;line-height:100%'>NOTES FOR USING NIMITZ</span>

- The unit is found on the addon list under WEST>HAWK-VEHICLES>USS Nimitz

Ignore the other "USS ...." stuff in the Hawk menu .... they are just the individual sections of ship.

- If you want the AA manned and working .. place a west AI on the map and put in the NAME field  "nimitz" without quotes.

- If you want to use catapults and Line Brake landings ... you have to select these from your ingame player menu.

- There are some holes in the deck, this will be VERY hard to fix ... live with it !

- The "holes" are generally in the same spot all the time .... walk around smile_o.gif

- There are still some plane / deck problems like folding the RAD F18 wings causes the plane to flip.

- Some aircraft automaticly raise undercarriage ... little can be done to fix (cept the addon makers can fix) sad_o.gif

- if you need to place ppl, planes or objects onto the deck, place the following in their INIT field;

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2)+19]

use +20 if you get "half in the deck" problems, this is caused by tide differences

Catapult script called per;

[Plane,Carrier, Launcher#] exec "\hwk_uss_Nimitz\script\catapult.sqs"

Plane: Name of the plane to be launched

Carrier: Name of the Nimitz

Launcher#: 1-4

1 is front left

2 is front right

3 is back left

4 is back right

.... about it I thinks .... best of luck smile_o.gif

Footmunchs A6 and hudson/pennywise f18 are carrier ready......meaning their gear wont go up automaticly. Once you land the auto eject is still there......still thx for your work gnat biggrin_o.gif

the auto eject is still there

Bugger !!!!

I did a bad .... used my slightly older version of it sad_o.gif .... the only good thing is that the "eject" seems to be the only significant difference.

Sorry guys ...... I'll fix that too in the next version .... (don't want you cycle the versions too many times !)

Thanks Zulu.