Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

AI have a diffcult time, I suggests checking the nimitz released under the ATC with AI support.. for landings and take off.

after reading multiple posts about MP Scripting.................. For Some Reason The Carrier is still having issues with Multi-spawning even with the added script found in the updated versions of the carrier!!! I wonder if its something i forgot to put in the addon or maybe something more....... confused_o.gifpistols.gifhelp.gif

Whats the problem?

If your trying to get each Nimitz to have enabled defences, that probably won't work as the enabler (a named soldier) can probably only be named once.

Where did you Download from ?

v0.6 from my web site?

I can't confirm the other popular OFP news sites carry the last version.

BTW, I believe UNN also made a "multi" version fairly recent, although I have not tested.

I wish someone would take this project and continue it, the Nimitz is THE best carrier in OFP, it absolutly rocks, a lift and other stuff would be AMAZING!  sad_o.gif

It also one of the best aircraft carriers in the world...hehe

I think that if "somebody" (PLACEBO!!!!!wink_o.gif would talk about the possibility of aircraft carriers in ArmA somebody might get started on the interrior, or start welding the thip together already. However, because Bis doesn't love us and don't want to do anything other for us then developping two games we dream off, we dont know anything for sure yet banghead.gif

I think that if "somebody" (PLACEBO!!!!!wink_o.gif would talk about the possibility of aircraft carriers in ArmA somebody might get started on the interrior, or start welding the thip together already. However, because Bis doesn't love us and don't want to do anything other for us then developping two games we dream off, we dont know anything for sure yet  banghead.gif

I dont think we really need to OFP has probably one of the best engines for importing any addon you want to have in the game. If anything I would prefer BIS to refine the engine and we the community can hopefully organise our selves and make the addons we want

@[APS] Gnat

Cheers, I should have posted it in this thread anyway, better to keep all the versions together.

Quote[/b] ]I dont think we really need to OFP has probably one of the best engines for importing any addon you want to have in the game. If anything I would prefer BIS to refine the engine and we the community can hopefully organise our selves and make the addons we want

If I can get my AI taxi sctipts working the way I want, ship lifts are the next logical step. It would be nice to have the Nimitz buzzing away, like the hive of activity it should be.

@[APS] Gnat

Cheers, I should have posted it in this thread anyway, better to keep all the versions together.

Quote[/b] ]I dont think we really need to OFP has probably one of the best engines for importing any addon you want to have in the game. If anything I would prefer BIS to refine the engine and we the community can hopefully organise our selves and make the addons we want

If I can get my AI taxi sctipts working the way I want, ship lifts are the next logical step. It would be nice to have the Nimitz buzzing away, like the hive of activity it should be.

hence why I would rather see BIS refine the engine to accomindate these sorta stuff

I'd love to re-carve the nimitz sections back into <64m sections and use PhilCommands scripting to get it all to move, definitely possible ........ but too many other things Im trying to finish first.

Elevators I see as more *eye candy* than actually useful.

Gnat @ Sep. 02 2005,11:51)]Elevators I see as more *eye candy* than actually useful.

You kidding? They are the most badly needed thing, compared to the need of working elevators, being able to move the ship is meaningless, since with working elevators you could gain acces to the areas in the hull of the ship and store planes there, much much more needed than moving carriers, I mean whats the point of being able to move anyways? It won't make much of a difference, and only cause it to not function as well as a place for aircraft to land/take off from, which is its primary intention and the most important aspect, while evelators will add to that function by increasing the number of aircraft you can store on the ship.

I agree, elevator, and a fully carved out interior would be much more nice then the actual thing being able to move. I would love to see some nice storage area/elevators. I see the movement as a secondary thing.

Gnat @ Sep. 02 2005,17:51)]I'd love to re-carve the nimitz sections back into <64m sections and use PhilCommands scripting to get it all to move, definitely possible ........ but too many other things Im trying to finish first.

Me and Franze might be able to take care of that for your,were kind of needing the Nimitz to be modified for some addons of ours,mostly jets,we'd work on the elevator and interior.

fully carved out interior would be much more nice

? ? ? What use is that in OFP missions ?! ..... if your planning a in-ship battle I think the OFP interior dynamic limitations IMMEDIATELY give that idea the flick.

Whats the point of storing stuff inside the Nimitz anyway? Its not as if you could manuvour a plane onto an elevator without it clipping something (internal or external) and then of course all hell breaks loose as all the Geos kick each other to death.

Seriously ... think about it .. the deck is where anything and everything in OFP is going to happen ........ I still say eye candy to the rest.

Moving would be nice from a strategic pov, but of course the use of the deck is severly limited while its moving.

I could think if a billion things to do with working elevators and acces to the interior of the ship. Also, having it movible is more of an eye candy thing, since as you said it would render the thing practically useless while its moving, and besides carriers are defenseless against other ships, in terms of the carriers own weapon (which are only AA weapons), and its such a big target, and if its going to be moving, you will have eliminated its ONLY defense against other ships, its aircraft...

Gnat @ Sep. 03 2005,03:40)]? ? ?  What use is that in OFP missions ?! ..... if your planning a in-ship battle I think the OFP interior dynamic limitations IMMEDIATELY give that idea the flick.

For one reason only: Because it's possible to try. smile_o.gif

I think it is worth doing the interiors, and definitely ship lifts. Nobody is complaining about the Hangers on Nogova, that can’t fit most aircraft. They are there because it adds detail to the Runway, and makes for a better setting for missions.

Even if you don’t taxi in and out of the interior. Ship lifts give you a more discreet way of setpos'ing aircraft into proxies, inside the Nimitz. I think from a players point of view, hearing and seeing the ship lifts in action, and having AI flying on and off the Nimitz, with some catapult and blast plate scripting. Would add a lot to the feel of a Carrier based missions. All this can be setup to run only when the players is in visible range, so no need to waste CPU time when he is off flying, on the other side of the map.

There is no reason why you can’t have a working Nimitz that moves. Although I don't really see the need to move ATM. Even with the possible new, larger maps. You would have to severely reduce the range of most aircraft, just to give a reason to move. If we could some how tap into the vast expanse of surrounding ocean, you get when you fly off the map. Then moving aircraft carriers would come into their own.

If Franze and I mess with it the Nimits will be much more useful and so on,I'm hoping to get working runway lights at night for 1 thing.

There is no reason why you can’t have a working Nimitz that moves. Although I don't really see the need to move ATM.

Exactly ... hence why when I line up my projects;

- B52

- Tu95

- Virtual Bomber

- Proper Navy (PBs FFs, DDs) - both east and west

- WaterWorld

- Improve Nimitz

you can see its at the bottom of the list. The Nimitz is already a user accepted addon, none of the others are out.

But if others want to give it a whirl Im sure Hawk wouldnt stop you.

Okay,as long as were clear on the permission thing,last thing I want is an angry mob after me lol

Seeing you did such an excellent work on the Kuznetsov i nominate you for the job! biggrin_o.gif

This ship's model needs a lot of fixing! It's as if the author was making it up! The flaws on the Nimitz model that worst sting my are mainly on the rear section of the ship (the part the original author didn't have time to complete). The helo platform shouldn't be there at all, the aft ramp is too steeply angled, the aft port part of the deck is terrible, and the defensive weapons (Sea Sparrow launchers & Phalanx CIWS) have no similarities to their real-life counterparts! And what's that radar antenna doing where the meatball is supposed to be?! It's gonna fry every living thing walking on the flight deck!!

nimitz.gif

Nimitz,

Just curious, is this Project still alive? Is there another thread on it? I am using it in a mission but want to keep up on progress.

Thanks

Vengeance

Nothing new beyond version 0.6 for OFP.

Someone partly converted it for ArmA.