Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

Ok ...I have been messing around in the editor using what people have said. I have made a semi mission with ai launching off the nimitz. I have been having lots of fun and wanted to share with everyone. Its nothing fancy but it looks cool. I have rar the mission with the addons you need for it.

I am using footmunch's f14 and su 27...and of course the nimitz lol. Its called..... nimitz ai launch....

Here biggrin_o.gif

my question is this...why has it taken so long for the russian carrier to be finished?..it really only needed the texture on the decks of the main tower to be done??...what has happed?We haven't heard anything about it so maybe its time someone finished it?...I think i'll look into that today,I'm pretty good at texturing ...its figureing out what is what and what goes where thats the problem.hell..all it nedded was to be colored grey to match the rest of the ship...can't be that hard crazy_o.gif

well I use the thing as a base for helos quite a bit,and its fine..accept for that gleaming white conning tower...looks pretty silly.So we really don't need that much done to it to keep us happy smile_o.gif

Yeah i think we need the russian carrier to, its not fun without counterparts always... mad_o.gif

I remember when the eearly days of ofp i tried to make team deathmatch missions for my buddies in lan and tried to make it 50-50 in weapons and gear and vehicles but the m113 vs bmp was a big roadbump for me tounge_o.gif

there wasn't much addons out then either,

i love being in the comunníty right now when everything is being hot potatoes biggrin_o.gif i hope we will see a russian carrier too sometime before christmas or before next year smile_o.gif

There is a russian carrier out...it is still beta and unfinished though. You can download it at ofpcentral.com or ofpbase.com , I can't remember which it is. It will be under Boats

Yeah it needs lot of work till it fell by the way side while the nimits fgot sall the attention.

Yeah i think we need the russian carrier to, its not fun without counterparts always...  mad_o.gif

I remember when the eearly days of ofp i tried to make team deathmatch missions for my buddies in lan and tried to make it 50-50 in weapons and gear and vehicles but the m113 vs bmp was a big roadbump for me  tounge_o.gif

there wasn't much addons out then either,

i love being in the comunníty right now when everything is being hot potatoes  biggrin_o.gif  i hope we will see a russian carrier too sometime before christmas or before next year  smile_o.gif

you meen admiral kuznetsov? rock.gif

well I'm hammered on other little projects. A ship seems kinda far out there, and I'm not very knowable on scripts.. Would thing just lots of copy an pasting make the ship usable, its needs to be rescaled as well.

You're right it should be rescaled...but bigger, but since the limitations of OFP are liited when designing aircraft carriers I think it's perfect where it's at.

I mostly hate the flaming death after falling through holes in the flightdeck when landing. That and having to peice the russain carrier together in the editor. The Russain carrier was allowed to left be screwed up for such a long time, its not funny. You think by now it would have been at least brought up to spec of the US carrier.

My GOD! This is amazing ship! One, I repeat one really good carrier in all OFP!!! Others - BAD !!! mad_o.gif BIG, BIG RESPECT HAWK AND [APS]Gnat!!! YOU ARE WONDERFUL ADDONMAKERS! AND ALL OFP COMMUNITY WAIT FOR THE NEW VERSION OF YOUR NIMITZ! PLEASE HURRY!!! xmas_o.gif

The nimitz is the top carrier currently, some carriers you haven't even seen. And someother carriers are good but they need some improvements. Please be more nice and curtious to everyone. wink_o.gif I glad your enjoying the nimitz but don't be disrispectful to other addon makers that worked so hard on theirs. They made some pretty wonderful things too. smile_o.gif

EDIT- Also Im wondering if ANYBODY is working on the nimitz. It seems to have been left on the shelf. The nimitz still needs some nice elevators and other things added. Please someone resurect the project.

If it would´nt be so hard to rezise this baby, I would do it.

But it would effort nearly the same work as building a completely new one. sad_o.gif

What Nimitz needs is a good elevator and storage inside, the cargo script from the Mi-26, if the creators will allow, and some other smaller stuff. wink_o.gif

Yeah, there aren't proper aircraft carriers in OFP yet what have lifts and hangars.I think NO will give that script because i think they wan't to see a proper carrier in OFP too.

could you use that cargo script also for the uss ashland or for the faun franziska from turkish union?