Sign in to follow this  
miles teg

Hawk's nimitz class aircraft carrier

I haven't the eject error.

In some scripts you have to remove a line:

In the scripts Land Land1 and Break you have to remove this line:

Quote[/b] ]"unassignvehicle _x;_x action [""getout"",_vehicle]" foreach crew _vehicle

I've just re-installed OFP:R up to 1.96 to get some carrier time on the Nimitz. I'm embarrassed to confess that I forgot how amazing this game is.

I have no problems landing or taking off from the cataputls, but I noticed a 5 step check list to setting down the bird on the boat. I'm been trying to figure out what exactly to do to initiate every step, but I haven't had enough airtime to figure it out.

First I do a flyby, activate "land with line break" and then recieve this message:

-Prepairing to land ....

-landing azimut is 3.05176e-005 degree

-prepair to land

-go to point 1

Then I activate "Land on deck 3"

-prepair to land

I don't know how to activate point 1, but after a couple of minutes changing altitude and speed:

-landing speed was set on 161.373

-carrier deck hight was set on 46

-go to point 2

I manage to activate point 3, 4 and five through lowering gear, hook and flaps, but I haven't figured the exact routine out yet.

I know how to land on the carrier, but I'd like to master the five point program. Can anyone help me understand the lading script?

RookieObservations.jpg

B.T.W This is a beautiful addon ty

WHOAH !! biggrin_o.gif LOL ...... Dallas .... I've never ever bothered to go throught the whole sequence myself ....... I just selected "land with line break" and then come in low and slow to the deck and catch the cable .....

I never even realised that whole script sequence worked ! LOL

(Hawk was a industrius lad smile_o.gif )

Sorry Dallas, I can't help now, but I will look at it for the next update. Maybe others out there have experimented.

Quote[/b] ]maybe I should look at the manning/armourment scripts ..... make them simpler.

Might be worth adding something to help with re-arming the defences to?

Would be nice to have an OFP Naval commander for the Nimtz smile_o.gif You could place him in the editor then automaticaly build the carrier around him when the missions starts. That way you could have multiple copies of the Nimitz, already manned?

Cheers

On the next release could you possibly hide the individual sections of the Nimitz in the editor? I'm glad this is still being worked on. smile_o.gif

Cap.

hi guys can any plese send this addon in an email or over msn becasue some how my powerdesk whant open it ...plese some one help me

Quote[/b] ]maybe I should look at the manning/armourment scripts ..... make them simpler.

Might be worth adding something to help with re-arming the defences to?

Would be nice to have an OFP Naval commander for the Nimtz smile_o.gif You could place him in the editor then automaticaly build the carrier around him when the missions starts. That way you could have multiple copies of the Nimitz, already manned?

Cheers

use the generals addon on ofp.info in the misc section. . . theres a admiral in there. . .thats what i use. .

its from DRW smile_o.gif

thanks [APS]Gnat i have got it to work now....love the carrier i was thinking is ther any i can make a plane stay on the carrier at the start of a mission

Your supposed to create a infantry guy called Nimitz ....

Gnat @ July 10 2004,07:59)]Good point ..... made the usual assumption that most people would have read the forum about manning the armourments ....

Ok, this explanation is good for me

One way I've heard of is to control the Fuel of the plane, No fuel, no go ..... Add fuel later via trigger or script and away you go .... so the story goes smile_o.gif

can someone help me out here?

Yesterday i got DXDLL 1.0 working, and made a mission with a fleet off the nogovan coast, all vehicles (freemantle,tiger_gunboat, planes, helis, etc) had their reflections mirrored in water, except the Nimitz, in my pc it only shows the reflection of the middle section... crazy_o.gif is this because its a composite addon?

Anyway to solve this oh gurus of addon making?

when i call myself nimitz it mans the carrier but i cant stay the the carrier at the start of a misson i just fall frew the carrier can any help

hi to everyone from Italy. This addon is really nice, just i need help to make it work. i can land correctly when i play pilot but i don't know to make planes leave from the aircraft or land on it when i try to use wayponts or catapult scripts. anybody can help me to make planes work? thank you a lot

ciao

edi

Fart-Nark, are you using:

this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2)+19]

To get the unit on-deck? If so, are you placing the unit in the conn-tower or on a section line between carrier components?

As Gnat stated previously, depending on time-of-year the tides raise and lower relative to the ground, so try adding a meter or two.

All those situations caused the problem for me.

Hope this helps.

Gnat @ July 12 2004,23:46)]One way I've heard of is to control the Fuel of the plane, No fuel, no go ..... Add fuel later via trigger or script and away you go .... so the story goes smile_o.gif

ok check it out. . .

its possible to ammend the catapult script do automaticly do that. ..

tell the script that when the plane is at 3 seconds before launch the fuel is added to it "plane setfuel 5" all you would have to do as mission editor is remove the fuel from said plane and (i assume) tell the AI to run the presented action (AI # - [radio] 6 - Start Catapult). i assume the AI gets that action too but i might be wrong

Quote[/b] ]Scrub

Group: Members

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fart-Nark, are you using:

this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2)+19]

To get the unit on-deck? If so, are you placing the unit in the conn-tower or on a section line between carrier components?

As Gnat stated previously, depending on time-of-year the tides raise and lower relative to the ground, so try adding a meter or two.

All those situations caused the problem for me.

Hope this helps.

what time do i try and what is a setpost

Hi Nark,

Start by copying the following into the 'Init' field of the unit(s) you want to put on the carrier deck:

If that does not help, change the 19 in the statement to 21 or 22.  That should get you out of your problem.

Good luck,

Scrub

p.s. the Setpos command sets the position of the unit, in this case 19m positive in the 'Z' axis (up).

Must be a typo. crazy_o.gif  This works for everybody else.  rock.gif

"this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1,(getpos this select 2)+19]"

Copy and paste (without quotes) into the unit init field.  Just tried it on my system.  It is correct.

Scrub

What about trying it this way?

<table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">"this setpos [(getpos this) select 0,(getpos this) select 1,((getpos this) select 2)+19]"

maybe help this one , that we use for it .

this setpos [getpos this select 0,getpos this select 1, 19]