Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

New island in progress

Hmm I doubt, to lower their polys would mean to change their complete structure and layout. sad_o.gif I'd be better off making them myself, and I guarantee I won't do a bad job at it. tounge_o.gif

However, does anyone know how to put BIS furniture (TVs, beds, etc) into a building? I noticed a lot of addons use them but I have no idea how to use them myself (even with the help of odol explorer). I used odol explorer to take some BIS objects such as a tv set and some drawers from the BAS objects pbo, but I still need a bed and things like that. rock.gif

It will take you a while to position it correctly, since all add-ons don't have the exact size of what their addon is, but if you mean like upstairs stuff, u have to use this set position script in the unit line, just copy and paste the script in the unit line on the aircrafts, jeeps.....etc. on the deck of the HERMES from THE FALKLANDS MOD demo mission and change around the numbers on it

(Hope I said it to where you could understand me rock.gif )

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ April 09 2004,17:03)]It will take you a while to position it correctly, since all add-ons don't have the exact size of what their addon is, but if you mean like upstairs stuff, u have to use this set position script in the unit line, just copy and paste the script in the unit line on the aircrafts, jeeps.....etc. on the deck of the HERMES from THE FALKLANDS MOD demo mission and change around the numbers on it

(Hope I said it to where you could understand me  rock.gif )

naw bro he means how do u model it into an addon. ie: gubas "house" on kolgjev. has radios and tables and furniter ect, the hanger has bottles and desks and stuff in it. . modeled into the hanger and house. thats what he wants to do

I think you would just open up the .p3d for them and copy and paste them into the house.

Slum Apartment

Room 1

Room2

Warehouse

Skyline of what I've done so far

All of the things I've been working on so far since the last post. The Apartment (that has the one enterable room shown) isn't that high poly (just 300), and the warehouse is 500 polys. But since their used only once each that's not a lot of polys. In the pic of the skyline I was running it at 1028X768 with 3000 viewdistance (just for a test), and cars in the parking lots, and I had zero lag, on my pretty outdated machine. So I doubt almost anyone will get any lag on the final product since probably 90% of you have machines probably twice the speed of mine. smile_o.gif

That looks awesome man keep up the good work

This stuff looks good. Will help a lot to not use any enterable buildings in the thick areas, I think.

I think this city needs a parking garage, that could be relatively easy to make I think, bunch of ramps all textured as concrete, right? (says the non-modeller) :P

There is already a parking garage out (came with C&R Pack a while back) although you fall through almost everywhere and the whole thing is grey.... it's still a parking garage. Though I would like to have a new and better garage. (Though what I really want is an UnderGround Parking Garage, but no, OFP Engine sucks... tounge_o.gif )

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ April 17 2004,20:21)]There is already a parking garage out (came with C&R Pack a while back) although you fall through almost everywhere and the whole thing is grey.... it's still a parking garage. Though I would like to have a new and better garage. (Though what I really want is an UnderGround Parking Garage, but no, OFP Engine sucks... tounge_o.gif )

Yeah but if it was that messed up why would I use it now? rock.gif I prefer making my own things plus anyways I will be making one since they aren't that hard to do.

However, does anyone know how to put BIS furniture (TVs, beds, etc) into a building? I noticed a lot of addons use them but I have no idea how to use them myself (even with the help of odol explorer). I used odol explorer to take some BIS objects such as a tv set and some drawers from the BAS objects pbo, but I still need a bed and things like that.  rock.gif

You add them by proxies (O2: Create->Proxy...), but I don't know the details, so you'll probably have to search the forums or take a look at BIS buildings.

I'm pretty sure that's the way to go.

Well I've redesigned the warehouse to look more like the one from the game "the Getaway", and I made some office buildings for the China town place to give the side of the island a better skyline. But these things aren't 100% complete so I won't put any screens just yet.

i just got a good idea!!!!!111 a play ground, what city doesnt have one? or a park? a big fancy hotel? good work man keep on truckin.

I know this is off topicofftopic.gifbut i have to say this.....Almost every other person you see is part of the Unsung.....I just have to give a round of applause to my leader and recruiters tounge_o.gifofftopic.gif

Back on topic..... Yes, parks and playgrounds are MUCH needed, also that fancy hotel is needed with larger/modern cities. Keep it up Sniper! Don't Disappoint us!http://ofp.info/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/grrr.gif or ****YOUNG CHILDREN DO NOT LOOK******fuckoff.gif

tounge_o.gif Keep it up Sniper!!!

good luck on your metro island. From the looks of it, its just like a real city. This is going to kick alot of butt.

you really gotta pimp this out with the people that run the mp servers. get them interested, make some mp missions, and this will be a sure fire hit.

everyone knows you cant close quarters battle with the ai, but it be a lil funner on mp with some likeminded players. id play shit like this all day if it was on a server wink_o.gif

when this island hits the streets i will go for it! and make 2-3 good mp missions both deathmatch , ctf , sector control + my own specialz biggrin_o.gif i can't wait until this gets out, it looks so very good!

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ April 26 2004,02:22)]I know this is off topicofftopic.gifbut i have to say this.....Almost every other person you see is part of the Unsung.....I just have to give a round of applause to my leader and recruiters tounge_o.gifofftopic.gif

Back on topic..... Yes, parks and playgrounds are MUCH needed, also that fancy hotel is needed with larger/modern cities. Keep it up Sniper! Don't Disappoint us!http://ofp.info/iB_html/non-cgi/emoticons/grrr.gif or ****YOUNG CHILDREN DO NOT LOOK******fuckoff.gif

tounge_o.gif Keep it up Sniper!!!

Maybe it's because you post to every reply there is..?

wink_o.gif

Hey USMC Sniper.Nice work on your island,OF needed a good urban map after all this time.Your work on the buildings is excelent but I do have a suggestion..

The textures look washed off.Are you using PAATool or TexView.PAATool retains alot more quallity for the textures you are making at no CPU cost.Maybe you could make them a little higher res too..