Sign in to follow this  
MiG2003

Animated chicken version 1.0

Sweeettttt!!! Finally animals are becoming more of a reality! Yes different variations (textures) of the same animals would rock!! I'm looking as close as I can but I just can't seem to see the Hilton sisters in the screen shot biggrin_o.gif

Keep up the work!!! Horses, cats, dogs, on and on!! woo hoo!!

yeah, realistic animals are way cool.

Anyone remember the CWC mission where you have to black op and trash a tank base? You insert outside a village, and have to sneak in and blow up the arms cache first. THere's a dog trigger in the house. I about jumped out of my chair the first time I set off the dog.

Animals give a source of motion and noise that's not human, and that is really important for mission feel. Imagine a coop mission, sneaking through the woods, eyes peeled for an enemy, when a deer bolts in front of all of you. The rookie on the team lets fly with the M60. Uh oh....

Or a whole flock of birds in the trees, with a detection script/trigger. You're sneaking around, and all of a sudden 50 birds lift to the sky and fly off.

Chickens in barnyards, yeah.

But if you're gonna have sheep, I'd rather they not be armed. As any cowboy will tell you, sheep are lovers, not fighters.

Damm there goes all my free time. Work on the Alien mod stuff, Zombie mod stuff, now Animal stuff and my other small addons..... crazy_o.gif

Oh well as long as we all have fun playing! tounge_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Not sure if nowdays, but mules were used for a long time by mountain forces - "Alpen Jaeger" for instance (hope i wrote it right) or in a jungle - there is some nice islands or for ww2 era missions smile_o.gif

When I was in the army(1990 in Spain) I was in "Brigada de alta montańa", mountine troops basicly, and I was on fire suport for the transports company.

We used to have vehicles like anybody ellse, but because our speciality was high terrain we had mules aswell.

We would load mortars, MG, camp equipment, suplies, anything.

They are the only way to carry stuff around on areas only accesible by foot.

That's what I was on about.

It could bring OFP into some other level.

You wouldn't belive where you can go pass in the pirineos with them mules. biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

@CERO.

nice work mig2003 wink_o.gif

If you got some time a Crocodile, Shark and a Tiger or Lion would be great in your MOD + Vietnam missions hope you or someone else make those wild animals wink_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]I agree with Avon about the donkey or mule

I think you'r refering to SpeedyDonkey here wink_o.gif

Anyway, so people are working on a animated cows, wolfs and cats? This is grate!!!  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif  biggrin_o.gif

*cough*

I can't belive that no one has mentioned a donkey yet...

Edit1: oh Avon just did

yeah, realistic animals are way cool.

[...]

Animals give a source of motion and noise that's not human, and that is really important for mission feel.  Imagine a coop mission, sneaking through the woods, eyes peeled for an enemy, when a deer bolts in front of all of you.

hmm, all this talk about having animals and projected addons in missions is quite peculiar

a mission like this already features barking and deadly biting guard dogs (at the factory site), but nobody cares to try it

this reinforces my impression that most addons come to life in the imagination of the player, not in real ofp missions.

a mission like this already features barking and deadly biting guard dogs (at the factory site), but nobody cares to try it.

Well, letting folks know about it might help (ofp.info for example)  wink_o.gif

And not having a zillion dodgy popups on the site wouldn't do any harm either crazy_o.gif

*cough*

I can't belive that no one has mentioned a donkey yet...

Edit1: oh Avon just did

lol so you mean that he was refering to that post? tounge_o.gif

Bah im simply too tired right now... tounge_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]a mission like this already features barking and deadly biting guard dogs (at the factory site), but nobody cares to try it

Hey a Belgian editing studio ,tof.  wink_o.gif

Wallon ou/of Vlaams?

You know ,youre crime city mod looks very nice ,however i'm severely putted down to try it because of the 20 seperate addons i have to download.

Couldn't you put it all in 1 whole pack? i think a lot more people would download it.

Edit: oops ,you got a pack to download.Sorry ,gonna try it now.

Scott "Tracy" Tunstall has released a new version of the Chicken Addon with interelly new functions. Nice work Scott biggrin_o.gif

Download from

here

GJ Mig, Tracy biggrin_o.gif

Some aimless pecking at the ground anims would be really cool...

Non of the Chicken links seem to work for me sad_o.gif

Any others out there?

Chur Chur