Sign in to follow this  
DKM Jaguar

Dkm missions

The first of (what I hope) will be a series of missions forming a campaign have been released at our site. The conflict is set on Everone. Download it at our site. We hope you have fun playing it.  

smile_o.gifDKM site

Finally a mission for these good addons!!

That's the right direction for OFP, guys!

Greetings!

I checked it out and I had fun, but when the attack came it was extremely laggy! crazy_o.gif So much so that I couldn't play.

My stats are:

AMD 1.7 Ghz

512 MB DDR Ram

128 MB Radeon 9200

Benchmark=3658

Viewdistance=1000

Terrain Detail=Low

All other settings are medium or so and definately not turned up high at all.

Usually my comp setup can take some pretty heavy duty missions... Perhaps some fog could help or something??

Asmo

These tanks are tough but one single AT4 at the turret can knock out the commander quite easily crazy_o.gif , i think i will drive from now on has i havent seem any medics nearby, thanks smile_o.gif .

Sorry but th mission is very poorly made , i was expecting something real nic since the DKM team has made revolutionary changes in the addon making field , one would hope for a better mission as well.

I am sorry but i am not impressed , the mission was unrealistic plus was too laggy for me and pretty boring ...

It's SP.

Thankyou for your comments Ace Combat.

By the way, when you reffer to it as being unrealistic, what exact point in it do you think is unrealistic?

And as for poorly made, this is DKM's first... and my only release to date. I would've thought that you could be a little less critical, taking that into account.

Ok sorry that i sounded rude but DKM is a very classy addon making team therefore my expectations were high tounge_o.gif

If you want help in making this i will be willing to help.

Heres what i founf UNREALISTIC:

1. The intro very wierd , police going to check out tanks ? rock.gif

2. Very poor cam angles (i guess you used ineditor stuff?)

3. The attack force was very large and it didnt need to be plus why were we attacking a undefended area? (my first thoughts were "oh no were gonna kill police jeeps with this tank" biggrin_o.gifcrazy_o.gif

4. The number ofunits on the map were completely scattered in a un-organized manner no role for anyone, it looked like a free for all DM or something.

5. Plus the incoming force was too small and got caked very easily and the LAG when they cam ewas horrendous.

I'd have to agree with AceCombat. This was too much of a piece of cake mission. The Russian firepower easily overwhelmed NATO forces.

There was lag. It wa survivable but it also came in at crtical moments.

Yes, the storyline needs to be tightened a bit.

And I would love to see a more serious 2nd half, in the Lamentin S&D op.

One thing, no matter what Jaguar. I didn't bother downloading your new impressive tank until now. In its present state, this is definitely fine as a good demo mission. Tweak it a little and it could be a great one.

And don't stop! All the great DKM addons need some equally excellent missions to put them to use. Read my sig's bottom line (again). wink_o.gif

Contact me Jaguar if you need help .

I'll work out a Intro for you as a sort introduction for this beast tounge_o.gif

I'd have to agree with AceCombat. This was too much of a piece of cake mission. The Russian firepower easily overwhelmed NATO forces.

That's the idea of a deliberate attack. From the breifing you can see they had a rough estimation of enemy forces present in the area, and sent along enough firepower to suceed. That's not unrealistic..

BUT i suppose that realism does not always make good missions. For example, in real life you spend hours just travelling to your target. That wouldn't be fun in a mission biggrin_o.gif

That's the idea of a deliberate attack. From the breifing you can see they had a rough estimation of enemy forces present in the area, and sent along enough firepower to suceed. That's not unrealistic..

Yes, but most people want just at least a bit of challenge in a mission. Otherwise, you might as well just make the whole thing an illustrative cutscene so that we mission players can cut down on keyboard and mouse depreciation. tounge_o.gif

Yes, but most people want just at least a bit of challenge in a mission. Otherwise, you might as well just make the whole thing an illustrative cutscene so that we mission players can cut down on keyboard and mouse depreciation. tounge_o.gif

Only if its scripted properly wink_o.gif

Ok sorry that i sounded rude but DKM is a very classy addon making team therefore my expectations were high  tounge_o.gif

If you want help in making this i will be willing to help.

Heres what i founf UNREALISTIC:

1. The intro very wierd , police going to check out tanks ?  rock.gif

2. Very poor cam angles (i guess you used ineditor stuff?)

Well if someone ran up to you saying that they'd seen russian tanks on the edge of your town, the police would be sent.... out of curiosity if nothing else. And as for poor camera angles.. they show the units, they show what's going on, so i thought they would do sad_o.gif... But, the  cutscene at the start was rushed.. compared to the mission itself, and I am not very good at camera scripts, so I will need to reveiw those. At the moment I am looking at the camera.sqs tutorials I found from some site, and these seem to be a lot more help than the standard editor camer angles. (for example being able to place the camera at specific locations without having to have a unit for it to follow,as with editor ones.

Perhaps I'll just do DKM only releases. This is my first ever mission and it gets this kind of response..

You must appreciate, that even if this is your first release, your only release or whatever, the audience is hypercritical...

I wouldn't have even looked at this thread if you hadn't kicked up a fuss about it in IRC, but you have to get some thicker skin, thats just the OFP community for you.

Both Ace and Avon have posted some good constructive points (makes a change tounge_o.gif ) and you go on the defensive...

Yeah, sorry.. I have been defensve of it. I'm going to treat this as a public beta, so your comments will be used in the final (which should look diferent).

I'm acctually going to re-release it with fixes mentioned. The comments made are being noted.

Acecombat, please can you note the things you didn't like about the mission specifically, please?  smile_o.gif  eg: What particular camera angles were poor. And avon, what was there you didn't like in the second half?

My main worry was that to have a huge NATO force to even things out would make the fps rate go down like the Hindenburg . tounge_o.gif

The second bit was added to compensate for the quick starting battle. If there was a way to generate a lot of enemy force for a longer attack on  morton then the mission would be a lot deeper.

I'm acctually going to re-release it with fixes mentioned.

Great tag teamwork there, fellas. We've pummelled Jaguar into submission. tounge_o.gifwink_o.gif

Ok Jaguar , i'll make a note and get back to you.

In the meanwhile have you considered the possibility of making the intro a bit different like BAS do with their units missions?

Make the intro showing the addon how it works along with some funky music , the present intros story isnt just appealing sorry. But thats your decision if you want we can make a new intro for it.

As for the missions a few suggestions would be to have it a C&H sorta mission as you had stated in the breifing even though we didnt CAPTURE the town as it was empty tounge_o.gif , make some MG emplacements and AA too on the beach on Mortons edge , One more thing if this was the first offensive via sea how did the tanks land ? Put a few LSTs near that small peninsula type formation (you know right of Morton where the tanks were originally) to give off a realistic look.

The inf can attack from the main side with BMP2's and boats maybe?

Helo support can be an option as well .. ( Voila a chance to use those Mi-28s wink_o.gif ) but make our ground support very LIGHT so the mission has us on the edge of our seat and not carefree (we dont want others doing our job biggrin_o.gif ).

And the attack should come in WAVES , first a armour assault by Abrams (how about those new Sigma tanks rock.gif ) and then a Joint mech infantry assault....(Sucheys marines? and Russian Naval dudes ? anychance of them would heave the missions ratings up?)

Thats all from me atm.

Best tank mission i ever played was T55 demo by Asmodeus, a bit too short but very well made, the way the enemy units are placed, and all those friendly forces who we have to clear the way up to Montignac. And long range atacks also make the mission feel more realistic and less clumsy, also unit position i find important has i dont like to kill friendly forces when i shoot a enemy tank wink_o.gif . I like to clear the way for the infantry, shoot armor from the distance and move in clearing enemy infantry and assuring the safety of friendly troops, then hold the place or move on another objective. Just some ideas.. smile_o.gif .

welcome to ofp community indeed jag.. smile_o.gif

This community has become hypercritical indeed, but i think this thread isnt too bad in comparison to what most of the addonmakers have experienced.

You simply have to realise that no matter what gets released, there are those who are simply happy with their free gift and thank you for it, there are those who generally like it but feel the urge to complain, and there are those who completely trash your work, attempting to piss you off and stop making stuff.

the last catagory is the worst (duh) and i havent seen them in here, so chill out! smile_o.gif

And in the case ppl of catagory 3 do stick their ugly, zit riddled adolescent faces up in this thread, you know what to do: IGNORE! Only respectful people deserve an answer. cat3 ppl automatically forfit their right to any or all replies. crazy_o.gif

Hey Jaguar, you think that review was tough from AceCombat, that was nothing compared to the toughness AC reviews many of my Aircraft Combat campaign missions.

I swear for one of my campaign missions he reviewed, the feedback I got had enough criticism and flak to crush a 40 ton tank.   crazy_o.gif   No big deal though, I need this feedback so I can improve on it and make the mission great.  AHEM, needing those reviews posted in the campaign forum AC, I don't forget....

One very positive word about his reviewing, if he gives it a great review then you better gold plate it and leave it alone.  It will probably be a minimum rating of "good" for at least 95% to 98% of those who play it.      biggrin_o.gif

Hehe havent forgot your reviews Havoc , just been a bit busy with some stuff , i will send my reviews to you in two days time wink_o.gif