Sign in to follow this  
tracy_t

Unified zombie pack release imminent

@tracy_t: Why not include the scripts with the zombie addon? (you could run it off the init eventhandler) It would make using it a lot easier.

RED

EDIT: Sorry for the double post of message BELOW. I suppose I'd better fill this apology with something interesting...

Erm...

Did you know I managed to rope my girlfriend into doing one of the zombie noises? No not that way, clear your minds ya dirty gits!!

Basically she and I were having an argument (as nearly married men like myself will know, it happens a lot - women.. tchoh crazy_o.gif) and she said "NO" in a loud condescending voice.

Well, I asked her to repeat her words, and I recorded her voice, ran it through Goldwave and... well she's now a zombie. How's that for ingenuity? lol

Hi Red.

The scripts ARE part of the addon! And they ARE called by an Init eventhandler!! biggrin_o.gif

Its just that the bloody scripts don't work inside the addon, and I don't know why. Put them in a mission, and they work just fine sad_o.gif

However, I will beat the problem, oh yes, I will beat the problem smile_o.gif

Sorry for the delay folks - ALL OF THE CODE IS THERE IT JUST DON'T FECKIN WORK!!! lol

Regards,

Scott

I might be missing something, please correct me if I am...

Are these simply "wounded" civ'y units?

Thats what they look like.

The main zombies are wounded civvy units, correct. However, they have increased armour ratings and are assigned to EAST side. Also note, wounded units normally don't stand up biggrin_o.gif

However, there *are* 2 custom zombies, legless and headless. The legless zombie has Dr. Tongue's face (a custom face) and the headless zombie has Victor Troska's face.

I'm working on a 3rd custom zombie, named Dr. Tongue, who is the first "featured" zombie you see in Day of the dead.

hi guys. have you any pics of your work?

Hello.

I have taken pictures of the various addons and they are available @

<WARNING: GORE>

http://www.villagephotos.com/pubbrowse.asp?selected=632116

You may use the face textures in your own missions as long as credit is given to me smile_o.gif

I'm not gonna use those faces in the zombie mod, not when I got better zombies than that...

Quote[/b] ]I'm working on a 3rd custom zombie, named Dr. Tongue, who is the first "featured" zombie you see in Day of the dead

is he the one who is being experimented on and then turns on one of the human bad guys and in doing so enables the good guys to get away thus saving the day? the one who starts to think for himself kinda and mostly strapped upon the bed?

Quote[/b] ]I'm working on a 3rd custom zombie, named Dr. Tongue, who is the first "featured" zombie you see in Day of the dead

is he the one who is being experimented on and then turns on one of the human bad guys  and in doing so enables the good guys to get away thus saving the day? the one who starts to think for himself kinda and mostly strapped upon the bed?

Neither.

Dr Tongue is HERE:

http://www.homepageofthedead.com/films/day/zomb3.jpg

The reason he is called Dr Tongue in the zombie community is because he is wearing the stereotypical Doctor's clothing (black suit) and his throat has been ripped out, exposing his tongue.

A bit gruesome, yes, but I don't want any pansy zombies.

Right, I won't release the zombie addon tonight but I will have it done by the weekend.

My next work on the zombie mod is:

a) Dr. Tongue

b) Wrecked cars (some textures) - I would like to take Lukemax's police car and create a wreck version of that.

c) Devoured corpses

d) Thinking of ways of reanimating people killed by zombies. I can't actually get that working at the moment sad_o.gif

nice addons Trace but just 1 little detail smile_o.gif

The story with zombies is that they only can be killed by seperating the head from the body or penetrating the brain.

So your headless zombie (although looks good) Is incorrect.

smile_o.gif Junkz

allso i downloaded the beta and Yes it dose crash my machine allso so its not just your machine. secondly the zzombies only die in 1 or 2 shots, is this because its a beta? and allso i could not get Dr.toung zombie wokring. came up with sum error

Quote[/b] ]and the headless zombie has Victor Troska's face

I smell Irony! wink_o.gif

all we need now is:

SWAT type units

a big mofo superiorly hard zombie to kill

and Unmarked SF soldiers

some gross creatures of the night

and your pretty close to having a resident evil mod muahaha.

NOTE: the headless zombie has come in use although it appears once biggrin_o.gif, and i think imay put a legless zombie or two in a mineield biggrin_o.gif (tracy knows what im on about.........my mission)

i dun think so.. tracy said that he isint doing RE i think

BTW

tracy could u do a addon/script that has people "dead" (just haveing a dead animation) and then when in close proximity it gets up and attacks. That would be scary 4 the ones cut in half

LOL!

1. It takes 3 BODY shots to kill the zombies. Should I up-armour to make 6+?

2. Sorry if it crashes your machine; I am on the case with the scripts.

3. I know headless zombie isn't strictly romero but hey, with a model as good as that, who am I to argue?

4. Zombie group brings up an error. Feck. Right, I will sort that :-(

heh that headless zombie is great biggrin_o.gif

i set up a scene where it looks like the zombie climbed into the back of the truck and attacked the driver while driving, crashed and sent the driver through the windscreen, the zombie closly followin it (with its head off biggrin_o.gif) and one guy on the bonnet and not thrown off because there was a sign in the way.......its all going into my mission for atmosphere, and tracy i managed to get the zombies to obey me but took rather a long winded approach biggrin_o.gif

Why dont you take Teacups dog and make it into a rabid death dealing ball chomping machine also? wink_o.gif

How many models are you working on, prototype?!!! biggrin_o.gif

Regarding the dog/ wolf:

IMHO there's no point in reinventing the wheel. We'd be as well as using Teacup's dog model because:

a) Teacup has created a walking animation for the dog.

b) Teacup has already created a config.cpp which replaces the standard BIS animations with dog animations. Replacing the CfgMovesMC class is not difficult, just tedious as f**k!!

Would it not just be easier to change the textures on the dog model and replace them with werewolf or whatnot?

Just my 2 pence worth. I will now shut up smile_o.gif

a big mofo superiorly hard zombie to kill

and Unmarked SF soldiers

True. SF units in black outfits like in resident evil with lots of firepower and an über-tough-mofo-zombie.

Been reading the progress of this mod with great interest and once the final version is finished, gimme a shout and I'll try to get some space to host it for ya. ;)

Hawkins

The only thing I'm concerned about is that we might end up trying to do too much at once.

Right now I'm scripting, texturing, making sounds...

the more addons I have to work on, the longer the zombie mod is delayed sad_o.gif

LOL!

1. It takes 3 BODY shots to kill the zombies. Should I up-armour to make 6+?

etc..

Yes deffinitaly six or more bodie shots otherwise the zombie is just like any normal human and masses of them could be mowed dwn with few bursts of an m60 sad_o.gif