Sign in to follow this  
hellfish6

Anyone play combat mission?

"He who says 'pwn' will be 'pwned'"

I ought to log that kill record from our next MTCO meeting tounge_o.gif

And I'll kick your ass an the AK demo as soon as I get a few things sorted out crazy_o.gifsmile_o.gif

CMAK arrived at my door today, and I plan on heading to the store later to get a new copy of CMBB to replace my lost one. Prepare yourself, fishface unclesam.gif

I'll play you in CMBB, Draco. biggrin_o.gif

From my game against Harnu using the CMAK demo today - I was attacking Americans, he was defending Germans.

My M-5s passing a knocked out M-8 as part of my diversion.

m5s.jpg

Harnu's suprise for me, a Tiger which later on managed to knock out one M-5 and two M-10 tank destroyers.

tiger.jpg

I only had three operational Shermans by this point, with two more Shermans immobilized and out of the fight, a useless M-8 and an immobilized M-5. I laid down a quick smoke barrage on the Tiger guarding the bridge and launched a suprise attack with my remaining Shermans and two engineer platoons. I managed to swarm the Tiger, causing him to panic, I think, and the engineers managed to plant a satchel charge on it. Harnu surrendered shortly thereafter. biggrin_o.gif

deathofatiger.jpg

Who's next? biggrin_o.gif

If we do play, I have to warn you that my computer slows down for some reason when selecting a rifle squad. Meaning that when I take my turn making orders, it's usually a slow process :P

Odd it dosn't slow down when I select an enemy's forces. Hell, it even speeds up!  rock.gif

Unfortunatly, our game has to be held off until wedsnday night or thursday, mainly because of a final project for that day and a rocket to paint.

There is a demo? Anyone have a link? Is it free? I wanna try this out.....and see if I can add a person to a pwnage list. biggrin_o.gifwink_o.gif

I see fishboy hasn't gotten around to telling you that a certain person on his pwnage list now has a 2-1 record against him in CM games smile_o.gif

From the Tex vs. Hellfish rematch tonite. Those are his Italian bodies piled up in front of my massive Maori warriors. And his sardine can in the background, knocked out before it even fired a shot. smile_o.gif

deadtex.jpg

In another rematch, this time in Soviet Russia, I killed 9 T-34s, captured another one intact (it surrendered to me! tounge_o.gif) for the loss of one Stug and a panicked Panther crew who bailed after getting immobilized. biggrin_o.gif

That was a good game agaisnt hellfish. He had a few things working for him. First something like six or eight tanks vs. my two. It was my first game. And his tactic that could quite literally bore you to death! biggrin_o.gif

Anyway, fun first game. I'll be back to own your tanks again!

I played Tex again. Same as before, Soviet Russia, except this time I was the Russians. I squeaked out a victory against him, killing a Tiger at close range at the last minute to hold my objective. I lost 5 of 10 T-34s, an ISU-152 and a T-70. He lost a Nashorn, Tiger, Panther and had another Panther immobilized. I held the objective. smile_o.gif

Now, by looking at this, tell me - if there is only one objective, with the Soviet flag on it, and there being 5 functional T-34 tanks remaining to one cheapo Marder III and an immobile Panther, who would you say is the victor? The Soviets or the Germans?

finalvictory.jpg

Final tally, by my count is 4 wins to 2 losses to Tex. By his count, it's 3 wins, 2 losses and a tie (he thinks he tied in the game that the above picture was taken in)

Who's next for my pwn list??  tounge_o.gif

Edit: For the record I didn't "make" him the Italians. He was randomly given Italians and I was randomly given Kiwis. Plus, in the battle before that, I was the Italians too. And got spanked.

I dunno, you tell me. This is from the very same AAR, and in our discussions we agreed that what the AAR says goes:

draw.JPG

and really, I have more victory points than you anyways. I'd consider myself lucky calling that a draw, sharkbait.

Note who holds the objective. I don't remember the Soviets getting too worried about these so-called "losses". tounge_o.gif

Note who holds the objective. I don't remember the Soviets getting too worried about these so-called "losses".  tounge_o.gif

doesn't matter what their view on human life was. the point is that on a tactical basis, we pushed the game.

This is a hilarious one we've got going now. I did a charge of 20mm thingies into a wall of tanks. Then half of my guys just abonded. It looks like they were flicking me off too mad_o.gifbiggrin_o.gif

This can only be viewed in full-res glory:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

THE BATTLE OF HARNU'S FOLLY

biggrin_o.gif

I only suffered a handful of losses - a forward infantry platoon was engaged by German aufklarung dismounts. Harnu lost just about everything. Hard his madcap charged been done in one bold, fast move, I'd have been overwhelmed and overrun. Instead, he charged me down piecemeal, and the result was a graveyard. smile_o.gif

OK buddy, you are going down as soon as my CMAK and CMBB bundle ships tounge_o.gif

So..how much do you want to suffer? Painfully slow? Or quick with a nice 88mm cannon?

Ooohhh...I can't wait!

Damn project. Otherwise, I would be smiting thee right now! biggrin_o.gif

This can only be viewed in full-res glory:

Ladies and Gentlemen,

THE BATTLE OF HARNU'S FOLLY

biggrin_o.gif

I only suffered a handful of losses - a forward infantry platoon was engaged by German aufklarung dismounts. Harnu lost just about everything. Hard his madcap charged been done in one bold, fast move, I'd have been overwhelmed and overrun. Instead, he charged me down piecemeal, and the result was a graveyard. smile_o.gif

*Note to self, do not play games when that early in the morning*

tounge_o.gif